Author Topic: Follow-up on the shallow lake/swamp  (Read 569 times)

Offline zooplankton

• Team IceShanty Regular
Follow-up on the shallow lake/swamp
« on: Jan 26, 2009, 08:29 PM »
Well , I'm back!. This trip was a challenge to say the least. Let's me start by saying that
I know most of us have our favorite fishin buds we hang with, well mine can be a royal
pain in the lower rear anatomy :) He is eight yrs. older than myself  and me being almost 47
things  are not as easy as they were let's say 10yrs. ago ;D all of you with me on this say
" FISH ON BROTHER" :o.We started out 7:00 am Sun. in -10 f weather, but  that's not a real
big issue, problem was the 8" of snow on top of the "hard water" & our spot that we wanted to try for the
day being 3/4 of a mile away, again no problem were buck hunters ( we are seasoned). My problem
was convincing my nagging "fishin bud " that were gonna hook-up this time as were dragging
my "guide" sled fish hut loaded with everything including the kitchen sponge ;D  as our lungs
were getting frost bite....not an easy chore. Regardless we made it and we fished. We broke out
the "Mora" 8" hand auger  only to find 1 ' (foot) of icccceee :-* Then the bi!@#ing  really began.
"Why didn't we ever get that power auger!!! :'( So after all of the latest topics on trading in your power auger for a hand auger contact me , I have a phone # of a guy that will give you 123" of reasons why :-\)

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Follow-up on the shallow lake/swamp
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2009, 08:38 PM »
heh heh, i've done 30" of ice with my mora 8", takes forever, but it's worth it

Offline zooplankton

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2009, 08:41 PM »
heh heh, i've done 30" of ice with my mora 8", takes forever, but it's worth it

You must have arms the size of "Powder Keg's" :)

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2009, 09:07 PM »
ive done 30" with a 6" hand auger lots of times...sucks enough i can only imagine what an 8" would be like.
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2009, 09:14 PM »
I drilled 22 holes today, 16" of ice with my 8" mora hand auger.  The whole time im thinkin "shoulda bought a 5", shoulda bought a 5"  Lotta work, but at the end of the day it was worth it...just barely

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.