Author Topic: 1'st ice trip to Crystal - 1/22  (Read 1479 times)

Trooper Bri

1'st ice trip to Crystal - 1/22
« on: Jan 22, 2009, 03:51 PM »
It's actually my 1'st time really fishing the place. Tried once in my boat a couple years ago, but the wind was ideal for trolling at 10mph!

No idea where the action is at Crystal, so i just wandered off the boat ramp and looked for some holes that showed traffic. Wound up in 20-22ft of water. I started by hanging my shiners about 5-6ft under the ice, and was immediately rewarded with this guy. Sorry about the pic, i don't fish alone too often, so i'm not used to taking pics of myself holding a fish. Next time i'll set up a stand for the camera and use the timer.  :P I'm more interested in getting 'em back in the water.

After that it was Deadville USA. I kept busy changing depths and moving tipups, trying for anything in the lake by then. Saw maybe 7 or 8 other groups out there, but nobody looked like they were getting worn out chasing flags. I was set up by 11:30 and packed it up around 3:30. A little breezy, but a great afternoon to be outside.

Planning on hitting Wethersfield Cove tomorrow morning since i have bait left.  :laugh: I could really get used to this weekday fishing. Oh wait, i am going to get used to it for a bit.

Offline hrdwtr24

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 1'st ice trip to Crystal - 1/22
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2009, 05:11 PM »
Nice!! way better than my day Bri. tired of work getting in the way of fishing! ;) stopped at CTO on the way home and Blaine hooked me up with some jigs to get my boy's setup jiggin for panfish. we will give it a shot this weekend!...Bob..

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2009, 05:40 PM »
It's actually my 1'st time really fishing the place. Tried once in my boat a couple years ago, but the wind was ideal for trolling at 10mph!

No idea where the action is at Crystal, so i just wandered off the boat ramp and looked for some holes that showed traffic. Wound up in 20-22ft of water. I started by hanging my shiners about 5-6ft under the ice, and was immediately rewarded with this guy. Sorry about the pic, i don't fish alone too often, so i'm not used to taking pics of myself holding a fish. Next time i'll set up a stand for the camera and use the timer.  :P I'm more interested in getting 'em back in the water.

(Image removed from quote.)

After that it was Deadville USA. I kept busy changing depths and moving tipups, trying for anything in the lake by then. Saw maybe 7 or 8 other groups out there, but nobody looked like they were getting worn out chasing flags. I was set up by 11:30 and packed it up around 3:30. A little breezy, but a great afternoon to be outside.

Planning on hitting Wethersfield Cove tomorrow morning since i have bait left.  :laugh: I could really get used to this weekday fishing. Oh wait, i am going to get used to it for a bit.
thats great bry, real nice markings. i have to get over there this year, last year was a blast there.
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline northwestslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gone and fishin
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2009, 06:01 PM »
Thats a nice fish!!! :o I have trouble taking pictures too!! I always have to hold it and it always makes my pics crummy..

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2009, 06:04 PM »
Thats a nice fish!!! :o I have trouble taking pictures too!! I always have to hold it and it always makes my pics crummy..
me to northwestslayer , i am actually learning to post pics myself.
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline elcapitanmas

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • explaining ice fishing is impossible
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2009, 08:01 AM »
nice job gettin out and grabbing a brownie, everyone ive talked too has been saying its slowed down somewhat.  Good luck on the cove, see ya in feb.

E

Offline andrew

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2009, 09:59 AM »
good to see ya got out during the week Bri....
*REMOVED*

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2009, 06:29 PM »
Well, he's a midweek fisherman now. Enjoy it while you can bud, nice brown!!!!!!
Don't give up, don't EVER give up - Jimmy V

Trooper Bri

« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2009, 06:46 PM »
I wish i had taken pics, but i think another sign that a lake is slow when you begin to see structures on the ice that rival the Egyptians.

Anything from simple igloo looking mounds, to some angular wall.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.