The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Gas auger spark plug  (Read 765 times)

Offline crappie lips

• IceShanty Rookie
Gas auger spark plug
« on: Jan 20, 2009, 08:37 AM »
I have a Strikemaster Mag 2000 auger. Strikemaster says that Tecumseh recommends a Champion CJ6Y plug for this engine. But they also state that you can use a CJ8Y that sparks hotter. Anybody have any thoughts, just curious what you guys are using. Thanks

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
Re: Gas auger spark plug
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2009, 08:40 AM »
Hotter plugs are'nt always better , it will depend on octane rating and fuel / air ratio .

Offline saphireblue99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2009, 09:40 AM »
I have a jiffy legend and use the hotter champion in mine, Jiffy's tend to have to be tuned often and mine is no exception, but I do notice easier starting and less bogging during deep cups with the hotter plug, plug is same length as cooler one , and heat transfer from engine should be no issue in temperatures these are operated at.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2009, 10:36 AM »
I'm running an NGK BPM7A on my 2hp Jiffy and it works great. The 2hp Jiffy and SM use the same tecumseh powerhead.

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2009, 05:31 PM »
Welcome aboard Crappie Lips. This is a great site with tons of information. It takes some time to really learn everything available to you. If you double-click this link, it will take you to the Fishing Equipment forum. I am sure the PA guys are knowlegable and will help you out, but you will also find guys who are really into equipment in the Equipment forum.

Mike
I don't like it here, so I will probably be here for a while.........
 @ www.iceshanty.com  @ www.myfishfinder.com
 @ www.myhuntingforum.com[/si

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.