Author Topic: lowrance x67c settings  (Read 5308 times)

Offline lostfisher1

• Team IceShanty Regular
lowrance x67c settings
« on: Jan 19, 2009, 08:45 AM »
I got a lowrance this season and it has been quite a pain to use. I am use to the vex. But the graph mod hardly reads my bait in 14 FOW and the flasher mode does not really read my bait either. Also I keep picking up a lot of interference and the bottom line in flasher mode is uch to jumpy for me. I hope someone can help me with how to set this thing so that it works better. What settings and percentages do you guys use to get this thing readable. If I put the sensitivity up to high I just get a ton of interfearence. Also I can barely mark my fish on this unit.  I can't tell what is interfearence and what is a fish. they both show up as a black line. Also what mode do you guys like to use on this. there are several diffrent modes on the flasher are any of them better than the other and do they read interferance as easily?

Offline its an addiction

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: lowrance x67c settings
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2009, 09:28 AM »
Are you sure the transducer is level?  If its not level it'll be hard to pick up your jig and then you would have to turn the sensitity way up and then you would get all the other interference and junk on the screen.  You can select the color mode i think it's like 5 colors...READ THE MANUAL...

Offline duckhuntrrus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2009, 09:31 AM »
I use mine in the flasher mode and love it.  I fish a lot of shallow lakes and fished in water as little as 5'.  I have not had any problems.  Adjust your sensitivity on ot and that should help.  It all depends on the the type of bottom on the lake if you get more interference.  Personally I have loved this unit.  Just be patient and take some time to play with it.  It has increased my catches 10 fold.
Matt
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat or on the ice and drink beer all day.

Offline SizeMatters

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2009, 09:46 AM »
Make sure you are in Ice Mode on the flasher menu.  If you are the battery level indicator will show up on the screen with the flasher.  Read the manual in the Ice Mode section paying particular attention to the section about setting the sensitivity in Ice Mode. ;)

Offline InKogNeetOh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2009, 09:50 AM »
use the sonar, screw that flasher

Offline mungo544

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2009, 11:02 AM »
I got a lowrance this season and it has been quite a pain to use. I am use to the vex. But the graph mod hardly reads my bait in 14 FOW and the flasher mode does not really read my bait either. Also I keep picking up a lot of interference and the bottom line in flasher mode is uch to jumpy for me. I hope someone can help me with how to set this thing so that it works better. What settings and percentages do you guys use to get this thing readable. If I put the sensitivity up to high I just get a ton of interfearence. Also I can barely mark my fish on this unit.  I can't tell what is interfearence and what is a fish. they both show up as a black line. Also what mode do you guys like to use on this. there are several diffrent modes on the flasher are any of them better than the other and do they read interferance as easily?

Let me give you a specific example of a setup so you can go and try to get a feel. You mentioned 14 feet of water so lets start with that. I will go through flasher first.

1.Set machine in flasher mode, ice machine mode and ice view. Surface clarity high. If you need specific instructions to do this let me know.
2. Set ping speed and chart speed to 100 percent. Check chart manual mode.
3.Uncheck auto depth and auto sensitivity.
4.Set lower limit to 14 and upper limit to 9. Now your flasher will be focused on the bottom 5 feet of water. When you send the bait down you won't see anything till the bait hits 9 feet, but once it reaches the depth the bait will look huge if the sensitivity is jacked up. The key is to check your depth FIRST and adjust accordingly. If you are in 30 feet, upper limit would be 25 and lower depth at 30, assuming you want to fish the bottom, which is where most people jig. Remember, the bait won't show up till it reaches 25 feet, but it will show up clearly when it gets there.If you want to check the whole column of water to see if fish are holding in shallower water set upper to zero. Say you find fish holding at 18 feet in 30 feet of water. Change your upper to 15 and lower to 21. The whole arc of your flasher will zoom in on that range. The same thing happens in full sonar mode. In full sonar you have the ability to zoom even further. I set my tip up bait with full sonar. I set upper and lower limits, then hit 4x zoom, I can set my bait at 6 inches off the bottom with accuracy. It probably sounds complicated, but once you get the hang of it, you will find it simple. Have a little patience and play around with the machine. I was frustrated with it the first season also, but I couldn't be more satisfied with the machine now. Lowrance really should provide more instructions on how to use this machine, I wonder if they even realize how much you can do with it.

Offline burndoubt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2009, 11:04 AM »
in the sonar mode, it helps to turn the ping/chart speed to the max. in flasher mode you usually just need to adjust the sensitivity up or down. Make sure there is no slush or ice stuck to the transducer. Mine will pick up the tiniest jig with no problem.

sorry to repeat, the one above posted while i was typing

Offline lostfisher1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2009, 04:35 PM »
 Thanks guys you have been very helpful. I'll try it out tomorrow.

Offline ih772

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2009, 09:50 PM »
Its CHART mode or FLASHER mode, not sonar mode and flasher mode! All flashers are sonar, but not all sonar units are flashers.

Learn to use it in CHART mode, you have a lot more options available to you that way. Like someone else said, turn OFF auto sensitivity and auto depth. When you use it in CHART mode, you can zoom in to a 16" section of water if you want too. Set you upper and lower limits 5' apart. Zoom in with the zoom keys. Zoom in 2X will give you 2 1/2', 4X will give you 16". I like to use split screen zoom when I do that.

Offline mungo544

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2009, 11:10 PM »
Its CHART mode or FLASHER mode, not sonar mode and flasher mode! All flashers are sonar, but not all sonar units are flashers.

Learn to use it in CHART mode, you have a lot more options available to you that way. Like someone else said, turn OFF auto sensitivity and auto depth. When you use it in CHART mode, you can zoom in to a 16" section of water if you want too. Set you upper and lower limits 5' apart. Zoom in with the zoom keys. Zoom in 2X will give you 2 1/2', 4X will give you 16". I like to use split screen zoom when I do that.
My m68 has "full sonar chart'' "split zoom sonar chart" "digital data" or "flasher". It is set up slightly differently than the x67 because it has separate pages with menus for sonar and gps. Sorry for the confusion.
 You are giving great advice. Setting the depth manually with is critical especially in deep water. If you are in 50 feet of water and you only want to see the bottom 5 feet, you are wasting 90 percent of your screen on water you don't need to look at if you are in auto depth range.  You can use split zoom in the flasher mode, but zoom half is fixed at the bottom 6 feet and it only displays half the arc of the flasher. When you set upper and lower limits manually, you focus the whole arc of the flasher to the upper and lower settings.When you think about it there is no reason to have auto depth range when  you are still fishing. As you move from hole to hole, you just change the limits according to the depth.

Offline stag

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's what I do....
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2009, 10:31 PM »
I bought my vex...watched the dvd...and went and caught fish...that thing sounds like it is pretty involved ???
Duane

Offline mungo544

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2009, 10:59 AM »
I bought my vex...watched the dvd...and went and caught fish...that thing sounds like it is pretty involved ???
It sounds complicated but once you get your hands on the machine, it is pretty easy. It takes 8 or 9 steps to change the time on my car radio, but it's not rocket science. Your flasher has several settings, zoom, depth sensitivity, etc. and it is pretty much a one trick pony. The Lowrances are charting sonar and flasher simulators, some are GPS also. You can set up an x67 as a flasher, once the basics are set up you can turn it on and start fishing just like any other flasher. All initial set up features are stored in memory, then it's just depth and sensitivity, just like any other flasher. With a Lowrance in full sonar mode you can zoom in much further (18 inches of water) and with more detail and also can zoom in on any depth range in the column.

Offline DON-E-ICE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2009, 07:20 PM »
Just tried mine out today for 1st time.  Ridiculous easy to use.  Might have something to do with the fact that I have been using Lowrance and eagles for 20 years, but it really is easy to use.  I was marking my jig and fish very easily.  I had some ice on my braid and it was marking that as well.  Cool stuff!

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The real sports in life Bowhunting and Icefishing
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2009, 07:39 PM »
I had a hard time with my x67c since there are so many different things you can do with it............the best way to figure the thing out is to play around with the settings until you find something you like.............

Offline tarantula

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 29, 2009, 10:30 PM »
Lowrance website has a simulator for the x67c...
I advice you to read the manual and play with the
simulator at the same time. Like earlier posts have
said it is very easy to use once you get the hang
of it, with a he!! of a lot more options than the
vexlar or marcum combined!!! Have owned mine
for over 2 yrs and wouldnt trade it for the world!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.