Author Topic: 15 inch ice on Saunders Bay  (Read 926 times)

Offline skip15

• IceShanty Rookie
15 inch ice on Saunders Bay
« on: Jan 18, 2009, 05:59 PM »
Put my house on saunders bay in Gilford it has 15 inchs of black ice looks great about time we had some good ice

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 15 inch ice on Saunders Bay
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2009, 04:43 PM »
Wow, 15" ?

I was right around the corner @ Glendale on Saturday 1/17 and there was only 5-7" with the top 1-2" being white?
I guess it goes to show you what kinda variations in conditions you can have out there.

Offline skip15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2009, 07:08 PM »
Wow, 15" ?

I was right around the corner @ Glendale on Saturday 1/17 and there was only 5-7" with the top 1-2" being white?
I guess it goes to show you what kinda variations in conditions you can have out there.
We had a couple of guys say they were over in glendale and the ice wasn't as thick as it was on the bay
goes to show ya that lake has all sorts of little secrets .

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2009, 08:25 PM »
We had a couple of guys say they were over in glendale and the ice wasn't as thick as it was on the bay
goes to show ya that lake has all sorts of little secrets .

Yup, I was pretty suprised when I saw a truck driving over from that direction :o Most likely the guy assumed the ice was the same?
We covered a pretty good area and never had over 7".

Offline natureboy79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2009, 02:17 PM »
only had 5" to 6" of good ice with inch of white on top in front of shep browns on sunday. Acrack about 150 yard opened about an inch and  made alot of slush around it. Closed to about 1/2" when we left- watched guys rip out on a wheeler pulling a shack across the whole thing without ever checking the ice first. Cant always go by someone tellin ya theres a foot of ice out there!

My name is Andy and i'm a fishaholic....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.