Author Topic: O.K. did I fry the underwater camera monitor?  (Read 636 times)

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
O.K. did I fry the underwater camera monitor?
« on: Jan 18, 2009, 05:38 PM »
Traded a couple of large brown trout I raise on the property for one of those generic yellow deals made in china. I think Harbor Freight sells them. Normally I get top of the line in something as I've had too many bad experiences with junk but since no money changed hands I thought I'd go for it.

It was dark in the shanty and I left my glasses in the house (pond is in front of the house). I think I put the positive on the negative and vice versa on the battery which of course is a big no no. When I corrected it no dice. No light indicators on, and for all intensive purposes the monitor is not getting power.

I thought it might be the cheap arse fuse but as far as I can tell it's not burnt. And I all the connections in the wire harness that goes from the battery to the monitor seem O.K.

I used the alternate power cord that connects to a cigarette lighter with no luck either.

Battery is fully charged and I had the camera working before I went out.

Thoughts?
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: O.K. did I fry the underwater camera monitor?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2009, 05:41 PM »
fried the moterboard in the moniter?
EYECONICFISHING

Offline WHITETAIL111

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2009, 05:44 PM »
Ask for your brown trout back? ;D

I think you know the answer to your own question based on this statement.

Battery is fully charged and I had the camera working before I went out.
That taxidermy man back home gonna have a heart attack when he see what I bring'em!!

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2009, 05:47 PM »
I would open the monitor up and take a look at the motherboard. If it has black spots where the DC power comes in then its fried. MIGHT be able to get a replacement on ebay.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2009, 06:11 PM »
I would open the monitor up and take a look at the motherboard. If it has black spots where the DC power comes in then its fried. MIGHT be able to get a replacement on ebay.

I kind of tried to open it up but it's almost molded shut. You can see the mother board from the bottom and it looks O.K. I'll try and open it again. This is what I get for not getting something better I guess.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline woodfolks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2009, 06:33 PM »
no light is a power supply problem

Offline Farley

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TEAM DUCK TAPE
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2009, 06:35 PM »
Did you get a spark or anything when you hooked up the battery?  If so you may burnt a wire or damaged the fuse.  So IC boards have diode protection so you might get away with just replacing a cheap diode.
If it ain't broken, you ain't try'in!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.