The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Great day on Kizer's Pond  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Vex Man

• IceShanty Rookie
Great day on Kizer's Pond
« on: Jan 17, 2009, 08:09 PM »
Fishing was great today jigged up a pile of nice gills, perch, and crappie!!!!!  Yum!!!!!!!  The knife is going to get a workout. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Great day on Kizer's Pond
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2009, 08:36 AM »
Is this the Kizer's Pond off Cortez Road. If so I also fished this last week and caught 1 Gill in 1 1/2 hours fishing but only fished out from the Dam 100 yds. or so because the ice looked bad out from the beaver dam. As I got closer the ice got thinner stopped when I got to 3 1/2 in. because I am a pretty big guy. It's good to see someone is still using this lake. I thing I'll give it another try this week. Did you venture out past the beaver dam? If so how was the ice? Any info would be appreciated.

Offline Vex Man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2009, 02:49 PM »
I was near the dam and I had five inches.  I was using the silver bullet tipped with waxies!!!!!!!!

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2009, 06:43 PM »
I was near the dam and I had five inches.  I was using the silver bullet tipped with waxies!!!!!!!!

Thanks Vex Man, that's the same area I fished last week. I guess you hit it on a good bite, or maybe I should of stuck around a little longer the day I was fishing it, but was discouraged as I never marked one fish the whole time I was their. I'm surprised their isn't more ice on this place.

Offline beagler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • never misses
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2009, 01:49 PM »
I live very close to Kizer's (walking distance). I've never caught anything there except small picks and a few  decent crappie. Years ago you could catch bass but they have virtually disappered for the most part, only pick one up now and then.  The pond is VERY shallow and weedy, I wouldn't even bother using my flasher there.

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2009, 06:54 PM »
I havent fished it in 7 or 8 yrs. years untill last week. When I was younger I fished it all the time ( like 2-3 days a week) and have caught more big bass (6-7 lbs.) and bluegill up to 10"out of their than any other lake I fish.  So what happened to all the fish?  Is it due to them building homes around it? Did someone wipe this lake out?  I'll tell ya' one thing the Vex Man found them Big Humpback Bluegills.....  ;D ;D ;D

ICE REBEL

« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2009, 05:22 PM »
I camp at claytonpark just down the road have fished kizers before never did that great. Has any1 been on lake henry. If so how much ice and how did the fish hit?

Offline beagler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • never misses
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2009, 11:35 AM »
So what happened to all the fish?  Is it due to them building homes around it? Did someone wipe this lake out? 
They repaired the spillway some years back and the lake filled up with sediment and became even more shallow. Weeds up very fast in the spring. Very few houses around the lake. I have a hard time finding more than three feet of water now.

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2009, 03:12 PM »
They repaired the spillway some years back and the lake filled up with sediment and became even more shallow. Weeds up very fast in the spring. Very few houses around the lake. I have a hard time finding more than three feet of water now.

Well ya know that's how thing change. This lake use to be an awesome bass lake, and a real good bluegill and crappie lake in the spring. I have been fishing this lake for 30+ years with my father, since I was a little boy. We used to go their every year in the boat at midnight on the first day of the bass season and fish until the sun came up, it was always the kick off to our bass fishing season, and as I said have caught many,many big bass out of their. It's to bad things have to change like that.... :( :(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.