Author Topic: jibbs- swains ice info  (Read 1087 times)

Offline swains

• IceShanty Rookie
jibbs- swains ice info
« on: Jan 17, 2009, 05:37 PM »
Jibbs,
Swains has a good 10-12" on it. I live right on the lake so feel free to contact me any time. Send me an e-mail and I can give you the specifics.

Chris

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: jibbs- swains ice info
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2009, 07:15 PM »
fished there a couple days ago...holy cow that place is shallow. Didnt get one flag  :-[ any tips on where to go in the future.

Offline swains

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2009, 01:56 PM »
If you put in at the boat ramp and didn't leave that basin, you'll never be in more than 2-4'of water. The lake consists of 2 main lakes. I would suggest getting out into either of these and sounding bottom until you are in 8-15' of water. That's the depths I do best in. They draw the lake way down in the fall so you have to get out in the main lake for the best action. Use medium or large shiners hooked through the dorsal fine lightly on tipups, 6-8' leaders of 8lb. flourocarbon of your main dacron line, sizes 4 or 6 gamakatsu octupus hooks in red or bronze, and set the baits between 1-2' off the bottom. Hope this helps!

Chris

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2009, 04:33 PM »
i found some great water on saturday, but the only problem was the bass were extemely sluggish.....i am going back next weekend, because i know they are there.......we were fishing in 8 to 25 feet of water........thanks for the info though.....
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline swains

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2009, 06:38 PM »
Jibbs,
Send me an e-mail at: [email protected]   
I've got some info. that might interest you.

Chris

Offline tmillerzz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2009, 12:17 PM »
BIG baits (Giant Shiners or 4 or 5" suckers) along a drop off infront of some of the Coves on main lake. Lots of NICE fish in Swains to be had, both LMB and SMB.

Offline nhjrbass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2009, 05:40 PM »
Hey guys,
i was wondering if u were fishing out near the big rock face straight out from the launch?
please let me know i may have to make a trip up after those pics.
If you aint workin youd better be fishin!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2009, 06:07 PM »
i am fishing on the smaller part of the lake
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.