The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Pathfinder hot spots  (Read 6279 times)

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
Re: Pathfinder hot spots
« Reply #30 on: Jan 23, 2009, 10:11 AM »
VT, SLoan's ( the Sinclair Station ) in Alcova used to have minnows. I haven't fished Pahty for a few years. :tipup:

Wyo Ice
I'll add them to our bait dealers in the WY INFO thread, if someone has a phone number, pm me and I'll add that later, Don
                                                                             LT/ISM  :tipup:

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
« Reply #31 on: Jan 23, 2009, 06:10 PM »
Thanks for the tip on bait, anyone know what time they open?

Offline Big Al 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 23, 2009, 06:44 PM »
They open early like 6-7 maybe don't quote me on it though. That is just a guess.

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
« Reply #33 on: Jan 23, 2009, 07:17 PM »
There number is 307-234-2066.  Big Al thanks agian, you gonna be on the Ice this weekend?

Offline Big Al 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 24, 2009, 12:48 AM »
I'm not going to be at Pathfinder this weekend. I'm heading to Boysen. Let us know how you do though.

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
« Reply #35 on: Jan 24, 2009, 06:40 PM »
Well, just got back form Pathfinder.  Very slow at Bishops but we moved up by the Dam and went in at the boat launch.  Plenty of ice there and fished along the far side of the rocks, from 54' to 18 FOW.  Then a storm blew in and it got very cold, but we stuck it out and got a fair sized Bow. It was about 15-16" but it was one of the best tasting fish I have ever had.  As we were picking up the tip-ups I grabbed one from out deep and noticed all the damn line had been taken out, I guess the flag froze and never tripped.  All I pulled up was a ton of line and a bare hook.  ???

Man this fish was good.

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
« Reply #36 on: Jan 28, 2009, 10:05 AM »
Anyone going to be at Pathfinder this weekend?  I would love to be there today but I had a 3' drift across the driveway and I cant get out {FWD car}  to go to work. 

Offline Big Al 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 28, 2009, 11:21 AM »
I may not sure yet i would like to go back to boysen but pathfinder is a much shorter drive which means more time on the ice and less on the road.  ;D

Offline fishlord

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • worst day of fishing better than best day of work
« Reply #38 on: Jan 28, 2009, 12:18 PM »
Hey goose,I can see not digging out to go to work but for fishing?LOL.Think I am going to try and take the whole family out this saturday to pathy.dont know where just yet but most likely over in Bishops some where.you see a white silverado crew cab,that will probably be me,might see yu there
Randy

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
« Reply #39 on: Jan 28, 2009, 06:48 PM »
I know, shame on me for not taking advantage of a nice day off from work and go fishing.  To bad I didn't have a shovel and they didn't plow the driveway till noon. ::)  Anyone fish the upper arm of Pathfinder this year?  Fish- I may be up to see how there biting and have a beer with ya. ;D

Offline Gatorslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 28, 2009, 09:08 PM »
Anyone going to be at Pathfinder this weekend?  I would love to be there today but I had a 3' drift across the driveway and I cant get out {FWD car}  to go to work. 

Speakin of drifts.  Hope they got the Bishop's road plowed. With all the snow and the howling, it might be a good time to bring a snowmobile!!! :o Little bro and I are planning on scouting out a few spots. First at Bishop's in morning then head towards wolfy in the afternoon. I'll have to stop and intro. myself if I get a chance, fishlord and goose. Good luck boys!!! ;D

Tight lines and GO WYO!!!

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
« Reply #41 on: Jan 29, 2009, 06:10 AM »
Gator, sounds good. Do they plow the road to the dam?  I was thinking that the snow out that way had proably drifted a lot.  See you on the Ice.  Goose.

Offline fishlord

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 29, 2009, 03:32 PM »
went into Pathy today just to see how bad the drifts were myself and they aint to good.gatorslayer were those your tracks into bishops I followed? scared me so I turned around right up on top where somebody made a trail around 1 drift.If there was another picKup with me I would have made trail right down the road but my luck if I tried I would still be stuck there.LOL  Somebody will bust trail before saturday I bet.they allready busted trail into the dam and marina area.there was about 4 different fisherman out there when I was there around noon.wished I had my stuff with me I would be fishing instead of writting this letter to yu.LOL
Randy

Offline Gatorslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 29, 2009, 06:03 PM »
My days of tearing up my truck are long gone. I only beat on it if it's absolutely necessary.  I would have been just as scared or worse!!! :laugh:  My bro and I are heading out first thing in the morning. From the way you were talking, fishlord, we're heading towards the dam/marina area. Going to try the cliffs going towards the main lake from the marina.  It's a crapshoot, but what the hey!  Good luck to everyone this weekend and I will report back.

Tight lines and GO WYO!!!

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
« Reply #44 on: Jan 29, 2009, 06:43 PM »
Thats the last thing I wanted to hear Fish, all I got is a car. :embarassed:  I hope someone drops a plow to the dam or it all melts.  Otherwise Im screwed, and will have a long hike ahead of me.  Thanks for the info.  Goose

Offline fishlord

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Jan 29, 2009, 11:11 PM »
I bet you dont have much to worry about goose,the fishermen will have that trail beat pretty well by saturday,youll make it in there just fine,but on my way in if i see a guy walking and packing his gear in on his back I would probably offer that guy a ride,if he had a couple  cold beers to offer ;D just kidding ,I would do it for just 1 beer :laugh:
Randy

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
« Reply #46 on: Jan 30, 2009, 05:56 AM »
Well if it comes to that I may take you up on that offer.  Looks like Saturday is gonna be a great day to be on the ice, lets just hope the fish bite.  See you guys in the AM.  Goose

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
« Reply #47 on: Jan 31, 2009, 06:27 PM »
Some from today

Offline fishlord

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Jan 31, 2009, 07:47 PM »
Looking good goose,we was out at bishops today ourselves,My wife, Me and the little one.we caught 7 all together and missed around a dozen other flags.A little breezy but a nice day in all.was hoping to run into you out there.maybe next time.we kept 2 for dinner.Randy

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
« Reply #49 on: Jan 31, 2009, 08:29 PM »
Randy, I was planning on stopping in but I was out of beer and the road looked drifted pretty bad.  Looks like I missed out, great fish.  We had a lot of flags that I missed but I did make a great baseball slide into a tip-up to nail the one in the bottom pic.  I wish I had a picture of that! Stooped in at Alcova and punched a few holes the ice looks ok there.  So who's going to fish the derby? 

Offline fishlord

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Jan 31, 2009, 10:13 PM »
My buddy Joe and I are going to be there.we've fished that for many years.wont be camping this go around just gonna drive back and forth.all most every year I win a decent door prize.Its usually a pretty good time.
Randy

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
« Reply #51 on: Jan 31, 2009, 11:32 PM »
Sounds like a great time.  I was talking to a guy and he said there would be 400+ people out on the ice during the derby,I'm not sure where theyd put em all.  Good luck  :tipup:

Offline fishlord

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Feb 01, 2009, 10:35 AM »
oh yea,400+ every year.most of them-including me go in the main cove around from the dam to the marina.it will be packed all over both sides of that bay.canyon creek bay and bishops will get hit hard too.I like to be close to the scales because you get to weigh fish every hour,if you catch 1 every hour.
Randy

Offline Vtgooseman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Take em'
« Reply #53 on: Feb 01, 2009, 02:46 PM »
Sounds like it could be a good time, but I think Im going to give Alcova a try.

Offline BSTIME

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Feb 02, 2009, 10:32 AM »
Fished Pathy on Sunday for a short time. Took the atv around past wolf point towards Canyon to look for eyes in the spots I fish in summer. Fished one of my summer spots and no eyes. Good action on trout though. Caught most all of them at 8 feet under the ice. Did catch one fish off of the bottom that turned out to be a brown. I was fishing the bottom for eyes and then would bring my jig up when I saw a shallow fish cruise by on the graph. They would hit most of the time. Set 2 tip ups at 8 feet and caught trout on them too. Beautiful day, sunshine and not a breath of wind. Had to pack up at 2pm to go home and watch the game, wish I could have stayed all day. Anyone found any walleye there this year, how deep?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.