The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Bait close to Rose Valley/Lycoming  (Read 1759 times)

Offline palmer56

• IceShanty Rookie
Bait close to Rose Valley/Lycoming
« on: Jan 11, 2009, 05:00 PM »
any one know where to get bait close to penn college

Offline BrewCrew27

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bait close to Rose Valley/Lycoming
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2009, 05:22 PM »
bass pro shops, toms tackel.  You will have to look up there phone #s in the book.  both are very close to penn college.

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2009, 06:53 PM »
tom's tackle went out of buissness
for live bait gander mt or wertmans in muncy is the closest

Offline BrewCrew27

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2009, 07:57 PM »
well, if tom's tackle is out of business, then you still have bass pro.  After that,  that's about it for places close to Penn college.  Now you have to go too wertmans/gnd. MT.  which are 15 miles from Penn college/   

Offline GrnDay33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2009, 10:49 AM »
Bass pro is about usless for bait most of the time, They have wax worms once in a while and NO Minnows at all. And Didn't wortmans bait in muncy close last year?? I have never been there but I believe I heard it was closed. Gander is about your only choice for minnows, and I order my bait online www.jadabait.com

Offline bjkaledas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2009, 11:19 AM »
bass pro shops, toms tackel.  You will have to look up there phone #s in the book.  both are very close to penn college.

Are you talking about the one in Harrisburg?
I pull the weenie sled ...

Offline Yoda on Ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2009, 11:46 AM »
Bass pro is about usless for bait most of the time, They have wax worms once in a while and NO Minnows at all. And Didn't wortmans bait in muncy close last year?? I have never been there but I believe I heard it was closed. Gander is about your only choice for minnows, and I order my bait online www.jadabait.com
Wertman's bait is still open, and is usually a better chance of having bait then gander.  There bait supply has sucked this year at gander.

Offline GrnDay33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2009, 03:08 PM »
Are you talking about the one in Harrisburg?

No we are talking about the Williamsport area.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2009, 03:19 PM »
I think he asked that because bass pro shops web page doesn't show any store in Williamsport, only Harrisburg.
Ken                                          

Offline GrnDay33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2009, 06:30 PM »
Bass Pro has moved from there location on Lycoming Creek Rd in Williamsport, to Dewey Ave In Williamsport (old lycoming twp.) Where it has combined buildings with Winner Hardware. They have the basic supplies you need ( and actually the only ones to carry 6" Mora blades for my auger) but at a higher price and less volume. Like I said before they carry wax worms,worms,meal worms. But no minnows. And now that being said, Lets get back on topic. Rose Valley lake.

Offline bjkaledas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2009, 08:45 AM »
Bass Pro has moved from there location on Lycoming Creek Rd in Williamsport, to Dewey Ave In Williamsport (old lycoming twp.) Where it has combined buildings with Winner Hardware. They have the basic supplies you need ( and actually the only ones to carry 6" Mora blades for my auger) but at a higher price and less volume. Like I said before they carry wax worms,worms,meal worms. But no minnows. And now that being said, Lets get back on topic. Rose Valley lake.

When did this open?  Bean is right that it doesn't show on the website.  I have been to the one in Harrisburg a few times.  Is this like a small one or something?
I pull the weenie sled ...

Offline BCJensen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE IS ON FLAGS UP!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2009, 02:05 PM »
This Bass Pro shop is not a large store.  It was on the lycoming creek road for years.  I have always had very good service there.

Offline zooqi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 2009, 04:10 PM »
Gander M. just got some baits in.  We have small tank at home and keep minnows there most of the time.  Sometimes you plan to go fishing and you end up driving all over for bait.  We are planning to go to RV tomorrow from 8 to 3 ..

Offline BrewCrew27

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 14, 2009, 06:19 PM »
fellas, just take the time to drive to muncy and hit up wertmans.  he is the live bait master.  His dozen is 18.  Its right off the muncy side of the Montgomery/muncy river bridge.  Great place to buy your trout fishing bait, and cabin creek baits, such as tubes!!!   WHY BUY A DOZEN MINNIES AT G.MT, WHEN THEY COUNT EVERY SINGLE MINNIE, WHEN WERTMANS STICKS THEIR NET IN THE WATER AND DUMPS A SH!!   LOAD INTO YOUR BUCKET!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline zooqi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 15, 2009, 05:35 PM »
We stopped by Wertmans today and got our baits from him.  I agree that he has them most of the time and I like to give him a business to keep him around.  We went Thomas Dam and then to Rose Valley and got bait from Wertmans.  Good people to deal with too and you can ask him for advices and he has experience in the area.

Offline zooqi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 20, 2009, 06:39 PM »
It looks like Thursday and Friday will be a good day fishing.  37F and 39F.. Somewhere new on Thursday and Friday to Rose Valley. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.