Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1644384 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #16200 on: Jul 01, 2019, 02:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Time to flip the calendar again, Welcome to July!!   :clap:
  Clear and 59* this am, high of 81 here today.

Marv...great job on the videos, lots of action at the feeding area, awesome!  :clap: :thumbsup:   Hope the rain has let up there today.
  Bud...Happy Birthday to your grandson, hope you enjoyed the party.   :thumbsup:
  Steve...glad you got to enjoy some time with your sister and BIL.  :thumbsup:
  I-45...I guess with so many people out to scam the system they have to be thorough in their examinations and questioning. Hope everything goes your way now Sir.... :thumbsup:

Running way behind this morning....
  Did get new tires on the truck yesterday, was reluctant to do it, but Walmart had what I was looking for at a reasonable price...crossing fingers there’s air in them this morning, lol.
  Catch up to you all at break.....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16201 on: Jul 01, 2019, 04:15 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 57* and clear here on my hill with some nice weather in the forecast. ::)
                           Eddie.........Good luck with the new tires, I'm sure they were fine when you left for work. :blink:
                           Marv..........Great videos, what kind of feed do you put out for them? ???
                           Steve.........Getting together with the family is a good thing, I know your area well so I know where all the places you went to. Newburg has
                   been trying to revitalize for a long time. I remember when Water Street was abandoned wear houses and homes, it was a bad section to hang out
                   in. But being next to the river that was the draw to rebuild first.  :thumbsup:
                           Bud............I hope you had a good time at the grandson's party. :clap:
                           Wally.......... The weather here turned around and the sun was out in full swing by 1 pm, I took my wife to lunch then came home to mow
                  my lawn. :flex: I bet you and Mr. WW got a ride in. :thumbsup:
                           Not much going on here today, we don't get any grand kids till 1 pm, PT has been put off till after my next surgery
                           I hope everyone has a good Monday, welcome to July, where did June go.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16202 on: Jul 01, 2019, 04:51 AM »
Good mprning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

Rain and storms overnight, radar shows a big batch of rain heading in with rain on and off throughout most of the day. I was going to mow but that won't be happening.

Eddie, congratulations on the new tires :thumbsup: I bought tires from our Walmart 1x, hope you have better success. Our auto center sucked.

IW enjoy your afternoon visitor :thumbsup: All I put out is a small scoop of cracked corn, about 1/2 gallon every 3 days. It seem the critters just come by and check whether there is food or not.

WW hope you had a good ride if you got it in :thumbsup:

First order of business for me is to get my stitches out :clap: Not sure what I will do after that.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16203 on: Jul 01, 2019, 05:57 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....hope the follow up goes well this morning  :thumbsup:  some cute critters roaming your yard  ;D

IFF.....happy birthday wishes to your grandson  :)  can't imagine using fertilizer on the lawn, it needs mowing every 4 days w/o any help  :blink:

IW.....it rained off & on all morning, then turned quite breezy in the afternoon with some threatening clouds hanging around  :-\  did manage to get a short ride in tho  ;)2

Eddie.....fingers crossed the new tires hold up well for you  :whistle:  bet you're looking forward to the short work week   :clap:

MrC....being on the second floor has to make your place even hotter  :pinch:  surprised there's not central air  :blink:  glad you had a nice visit with your sister & b-i-l  :)

TT.....did you get your lights going  ???

H2L.....how busy was the lake over the weekend  ???

We had a graduation party yesterday afternoon which I had forgotten about  :wacko:  took care of dinner  :thumbsup:    not much going on today (unless there's something else I'm forgetting   :woot:  ) 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16204 on: Jul 01, 2019, 06:09 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 58* here this morning. Yesterday had some hail around us.

Mason Eddie, Good luck with the new tires. I’ve never had a problem with Walmart’s service center.

IFF, I hope you had a good time at your grandsons birthday party.

Ice Wanderer, Hopefully the surgery will help the pain go away. Have fun with the little ones today.

Whopper Stopper, Hope everything looks good when you have your stitches out. Look foreword to your turkey videos.

WallyWorld, I hope you got to go out for s ride yesterday.

I hope everyone has a great and safe day. Tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16205 on: Jul 01, 2019, 06:51 AM »
56* and sunny this morning.
WS, getting the stitches out is a good thing. Glad the girls are getting out in the kayak, they look like they are fun but not sure I could get in and out without getting wet. The turkey is becoming a movie star.
Mr. C, the track opens on July 11th, I stay away from Saratoga in the summer, if I can.
Eddie, new tires are not cheap. I usually just shopped for the best "after sale" deal, free rotation, etc.
WW, from what i saw, the lake wasn't that busy. The launch wasn't full either day.

Today is the 3rd anniversary of the wife's transplant. To celabate we spent Sat night in the ER at Albany Med. We got there about 6:30 sat night and left about 4:30 Sunday morning. Turned out the infusion caused a migraine. She was in more pain than she has had during this whole ordeal. It took morphine to help knock it down. We were not very pleased with the visit. I got into a "P" match with one of the nurses. She didn't want to hear anything from me about the infusion on Friday. I was pretty sure it was what was causing the issues. I know I am NOT a doctor but I try to stay on top of what is going on with the wife. Then when we got into a room in the ER, it was almost 3 hours before a Doctor even came in. One of the doctors called us at 10pm last night to tell us that the CT scan did show that the wife has a slight sinus infection. This morning WE are both feeling much better after a good nights sleep.

We went to Albany Med on Sat because NYC said either bring her to New York on take her to Albany, they deal with transplant patients. Next time it will be NYC.

Hope everyone has a good day...h2l

Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16206 on: Jul 01, 2019, 07:03 AM »
Down to 60 over night. We are able to cool the house down with a couple of fans so we have not turned on the air YET! The weather guessers are guessing rain for through the 4th.

I tried to pick up a battery operated light for the front of the toon yesterday. No luck so I will try and find one in the city as the wife has two doctor appointments with lots of time to kill between the two. There was a segment from a strawberry farm on TV this morning so we will be stopping there on the way home to get some. Straw berries normally start around the start of June but are way behind this year.

I have not done anything with Walmarts auto service since the time I got an oil change and lube job. When I  asked them if they greased the U joints They said no as it took a  special fitting to grease them. ??? All it takes is a straight greese fitting to get on the zerk.  I raised enough cain and did not pay for the grease job after I got to the manager.

I have never fetilized my lawn. I had one of the big name out fits clean up my mothers lawn of weeds one time. When they called about doing it again the next spring I told them NO. I told the guy I could not afford to pay or find some one to mow every 4 days as they did to good of a job.

ww I got the stern white light going, that is why i am looking for a battery light for the front. I will completely redo the one on the front as I need to buy two new ones as it takes two on the wide front of the toon. I can put the battery one high on the front so it can bee seen.

WS That tom in the beard better has some pretty good spurs. The only way to guess at the age of a tom is by the length of the spurs. A one year old jake, that has an uneven fan, only has bumps for spurs. The get longer as they age. My longest spured tom had 1 3/8 inch spurs. When I went to pick him up he was still flooping. I stepped back and let him flop as the spurs are sharp and can make a nasty cut on your hand. I had that happen once and never again.

I am sure you will be happy to have the stitches out. It sounds like the knee is doing good with you being able to walk so much.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16207 on: Jul 01, 2019, 07:21 AM »
Good grief, got a second young raccoon caught in the live trap I use to control the problem squirrels, first one was last Wednesday morning.  Gave it a ride to work, will give this one the 27 mile ride too.  Wonder if Momma will show up again, they might still be nursing ??

Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16208 on: Jul 01, 2019, 08:38 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, I Hope Everyone had a great day. My wife was home today. Still sore from the examination on Saturday.

Hunts2long, Prayers for you and your wife. Doctors never seem to listen to loved ones. I hope she feels better.

Tom Turkey, Are you going to have the toon in the water by the fourth?

IFF, Hope the 2 raccoons find each other.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the evening.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16209 on: Jul 02, 2019, 02:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear skies and 61* this am, high of 82 today with some rain showers possible this am.

I-45...thanks for sharing the pictures, always nice watching the Canadian geese ...they can be very protective with the little ones, lol.   :thumbsup:
  Bud...hopefully that will be the last of the raccoon problems, good luck!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...how did you make out in your search for the light yesterday? Finally saw some corn growing around here, not sure if it was sweet or cattle corn...only about 2’ high.
  H2...sorry to read about the hospital fiasco with your wife, not fond of Albany Med either. Glad to read she is feeling better, hope her condition improves each day....best wishes sent.   :thumbsup:
  Wally....the whole crew is getting excited to finish off this short week, believe we’re quitting at lunch break tomorrow.  :thumbsup: 
  Marv...hope the stitches came out without any problems!  :thumbsup:  Have you been taking your daily walks with all that rain hitting your area?
  Jeff... hope you had a pleasant afternoon with the grandkids yesterday. Happy to report all 4 tires on the truck held air pressure over night, hope I didn’t just jinx myself..lol.   :thumbsup:

Today we’ll be wrapping up in the area we have been working on and clearing out making way for the Fireworks Company who will be putting on the show at the Empire State Plaza. We’re right where they will be setting everything up. Yesterday there were 4 Fire Marshals around us surveying the area, imagine today will bring plenty of activity.
  Pulled up the garlic out of the garden yesterday afternoon, was quite pleased with the results! Most all had golf ball sized bulbs, can’t wait to try it out after it cures!   :thumbsup:  The clock is ticking away again, Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16210 on: Jul 02, 2019, 04:16 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER"s,
                          It's 62* and clear here on my hill, a nice day ahead. ::)
                          Eddie.......I'm glad the tires are still holding air,was there really any doubt. Lol :roflmao: The garlic sounds great good job.  :thumbsup: How
                  is the grand kids garden doing? ???
                          Bud.........Raccoons can sure do a number on things, I hope you have the problem solved. :blink:
                          Marv........I'm sure you're happy the stitches are finally out, no more pulling. :clap:
                          H2L.........I hope your wife is feeling better after the ordeal at the hospital.  :thumbsup:
                          Wally.......Are you and Mr. WW taking advantage of the nice weather we're having and getting out after the Eyes. ???
                          More kid watching today, almost a full schedule, # 3 oldest is coming at 8:30, the youngest is going to a daycare center, I have to pick
                 Little Carson and his sister at 11:45 and take them and #3's oldest to swim lessons. Busy, busy.
                           I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16211 on: Jul 02, 2019, 05:15 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....so sorry to read about the messed up hospital visit  :(  thoughts & prayers to MrsH2 for a speedy, complete recovery  :)

TT.....hope all went well with the doctor appointments yesterday  ;)  did you find your light  ???  strawberries were late here also & just about done already, very short season  :'(

IW......sounds like you'll be needing a calendar to keep track of the "who's, where's & when's" this summer  :roflmao:  enjoy every minute  ;)2

Eddie.....glad the tires held up  :thumbsup:  hope you were able to corral all MrsEddie's garden visitors and dispatch them  :flex:  my garden is still pitiful looking  :'(

IFF.....those littke raccoons sure are cute, hope they survive the move  ;)  how is MrsIFF doing  ???

WS......hope the stitch removal and exam was problem free yesterday  ;) now try to remember he didn't give you a bionic knee  :nono: :woot:

IF45.....looks like you had a nice day with Mrs45  :clap:

Had company stop by yesterday, spent the afternoon visiting  :thumbsup:  have some shrubs to trim and the pole barn door to paint today  ::)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16212 on: Jul 02, 2019, 05:33 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

69 with rain all night, looks like another hour to go.

Eddie any plans for the long weekend? Between the rain and the stitches bothering, I have not walked the last 3 days. I decided to hold off until after the weekend then I am going to crank it up.

IW enjoy the little house guests :thumbsup: I would have to write things down so I wouldn't forget who goes where ???

45 nice pictures :thumbsup: Always like looking at the geese.

WW are you heading to the grand kids over the long weekend?

h2l best wishes to your wife sir :thumbsup:

TT Thanks for the Tom explanation :thumbsup:

The stitches are out :thumbsup: I have had a bunch over the years but these sure bothered me. I was finally able to ask "What's up with my knee cap?" The Dr. showed me a knee cap with good cartilage and then a picture of mine. Mine it almost  bone on bone with all the cartilage being worn down. I asked if I am hurting things by the intense walks and exercises and he said the damage is done. His best guess was it will hold up for awhile but eventually I will have to go knee shopping. He was wondering what I did for work and said that explained it. On a bright note he gave me his address as he has a small pine to cut down :thumbsup:

I am off to get my spring hair pruning in an hour, not sure what after that.

The hen and poults haven't been around for a couple of days. Yesterday I saw an eagle perched out back, I hope he isn't the reason ???

I think I will be setting a trap for the smiley and probably the raccoon. Opossums give me the creeps and the raccoon will become a trouble maker. They will be happier down the road.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16213 on: Jul 02, 2019, 06:11 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it’s going to be a hot and humid today. Mrs I45 is at work today so she is in ac. Neurologist office called yesterday and Said I should contact my pcp. Everyone wants to pass the buck.

Mason Eddie, That’s good your tires still had air in them this morning. Do you have Thursday and Friday off. Fresh Garlic is the best. Last time I grew garlic I plowed up about a acre with 2 horses. That was awhile ago.

Whopper Stopper, Hopefully you get back into your routine of walking again soon. Hope the hen and the poults show up soon. That eagle must be a impressive sight.

WallyWorld, Sounds like you have a busy day today. Mrs I45 tries to get me out of the house. She walks out dachshund around the pond and unfortunately all I can do is sit there. Important thing is i’m Outside.

Ice Wanderer, I would need to write down where everyone needed to go.

I hope everyone has a great day today and stays cool and drinks lots of water.,tight lines to those on the water.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16214 on: Jul 02, 2019, 06:28 AM »
62* and some very light rain.
Thanks for all the well wishes for the wife. She is feeling much better. NYC changed the med that was ordered by ALY MED and they want her to do her follow-up in NYC, next week.
Ice-45, love the pictures of the "goose family". We only had one family this year, think the high water got the others.
IW, sounds like you are staying busy and having fun.
WS, glad the knee is getting better, just take it easy. I am sure the new knee with cost more that taking "one" tree down.
Eddie, those long weekends are nice. I don't miss the work that goes with a garden but the fresh veggies were nice. I hit the local farm market when we need a real good BLT.
Everyone have a good day and Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers for the wife....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16215 on: Jul 02, 2019, 07:31 AM »
We just had a short down pour pass through. Looks like a wet day and beyond. I felt sorry for the dogs when we got home as I did not turn on the air until we got home as I did not want to turn it on and leave for the day.

It was a long day yesterday with the time between the wife's appointments. I did manage to find a light for the boat in the time in between the appointments. She did finally get her knee replacement scheduled for mid September. The doctor that is doing it is retiring the end of the year. The PA she has does not know if she is going to work with his replacement or not. She has the wife on the list that she will notify where she ends up. She should have gone on to be a doctor but did not want the extra stress.

WS The wife's knee cap is shot too so they will fix it when they replace her knee. She should have had her knee replaced last year but was scared of having it done. The gal at therapy eased her fears the other day.

Not many geese on the lake anymore as they rounded up what the could catch twice so far.

We stopped and were lucky to get some straberries from the farm that was on TV yesterday. They only had one flat left that was not spoken for. The phone kept ringing with orders when we were there. I have not had that good tasting berries in years. probably not since I had some old school Dunlap berries. The were small but had great flavor.

IF-45. I too I wish I could walk but can not due to my worn out body. I used to still hunt deer for hours but now have trouble walking 150 yards to my blind.

Eddie  thought that I was going to have travel you way for coffee as our maker died yesterday. It does not owe us anything as it has made a lot of coffee. Luckilly I remembered there was a spare pot stored in the garage.

Not going to be able to get the toon in for a few days with all of the other things that have come up.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16216 on: Jul 02, 2019, 10:43 AM »
WW got the report on the ultrasound, came out negative for cancer.  Grandniece tells me the liver is the only organ that will regrow itsself.  Hum didn't know that.

put in for time off Wednesday the 10th and switched Thursday for Friday, that way I can take her to next appointment, guess its for a lung scan  :unsure:

Momma coon was in the deck tree this morning.  The more I look at her think she would be pushing 20#, mighty big it is.
Bud

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16217 on: Jul 02, 2019, 10:51 AM »
Good morning everyone going by the sky think I will see some rain today.
IFF that is great news on your wife's ultra sound best to her with the lung scan.. May you not find anymore young raccoons in your live traps be careful transporting and releasing them raccoons may have rabies virus . Mother raccoon is one big girl.
Whopper Stopper  few things about Beacon and Newburgh  for your interest outside city of beacon is a mountain during Revolutionary War signal/lbeacon fires were light at it's summit supposedly this how city got it's name. also at one time there was an incline railroad on the mountain. One of Beacon's better know residents was the late folk music signer Pete Seeger. Newburgh is home to the Gen.Washington's headquarters and has a parked designed by a student of Architect Andrew Jackson Downing named downing park. Good to hear your stitches  are out best to you with the walking.
Eddie enjoy the garlic once it cures. May the new truck tires have been installed correctly and give you no problems.
Ice Wanderer I believe during your time attending high school in my area or shortly there after city of Newburgh went through a major urban renewal program that saw many building in the city's east end get demolished some have been replaced over the years. Also in the 1950's neighboring towns of New Windsor and Newburgh saw major housing development and population growth many businesses moved to these towns from the city and certain industries also moved out furthering the city's decline. Have a fun Summer taking care of the grandchildren. Best to you with the upcoming shoulder surgery.

Wallyworld hope your apologies for missing graduation party were accepted. Going to any special color on the pole barn door or the traditional red.
Icefisher-45 thank you for photos of the Canadian geese. Did you grow up on a small farm that horses were used to plant the garlic over a tractor.
Hunts2long thak you for the info. on Saratoga race track. My county seat of Goshen,NY. also has history of horse racing and has the hall of fame for trotter racing horses there still is a race track that is used for special events and horse training. Glad your wife is doing better sorry she had a reaction to blood transfusions and you ER visit to Albany Med. was not a good one.
Tom Turkey good to read you found battery powered Nav. lights for the pontoon and were able to buy some strawberries. Best to your with with the knee replacement this September. Thank you for sharing your knowledge on Turkeys.

A safe and good Tuesday to everyone. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16218 on: Jul 02, 2019, 07:55 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

Thought I would throw these up tonight. I was excited to see the little ones back :thumbsup:

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16219 on: Jul 03, 2019, 02:39 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D
  Clear skies and 66* this am, high of 85 here today.

Marv...thanks for sharing the videos, the poults have been eating well and are growing up quickly! Will be fun watching them mature. Glad to read the stitches are out, hopefully your knee won’t need replacement for awhile, best wishes sent on that Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Steve... thanks for sharing some of the history on your area, very interesting!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Bud...great news on your wife, congratulations to you both on that ultrasound!!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
  Tom...glad things went well for your wife and speaking with the woman about her knee replacement eased her fears, excellent! We’ll be pulling for her in September!   :thumbsup:
  H2... glad your wife is feeling better, here’s to her staying on that road!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  I-45...yes, we have a 4 day weekend coming up, looking forward to today’s quitting time. Wow, that’s a lot of garlic you grew! I only planted 24 cloves but for some reason one entire bulb of cloves didn’t grow at all.
  Wally...I did manage to get 3 small garden snakes out of my wife’s garden, but apparently there is more, lol. Will be working on those over the break. Hope the warmer weather perks up your garden!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...you’re a busy grandpa with the grandchildren, I’m sure your deeply appreciated, way to go!  :bow: 

Had some issues with the garden recently, slugs seem to have invaded my raised beds. I put small containers filled with beer in scattered spots at ground level, caught 17 of them yesterday trying to take a nip!!   :thumbsup:
  Running a bit late again today, catch up to you all this afternoon......Cawfee’s on!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16220 on: Jul 03, 2019, 04:14 AM »
Morning all,

Decided to take a chance and hit the lake this morning, hope the crazies aren't out in full force yet  ::)  :whistle:

Have a good day, safe travels to those hitting the highway  ;)   Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16221 on: Jul 03, 2019, 04:31 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER"s,
                             It's 63* and clear here on my hill, a nice day is the forecast. ::)
                             Eddie..........I've never had to deal with slugs, I bet they're hard to control, does getting them drunk help. Lol :roflmao: :woot:
                             H2L............I'm glad to read your wife is doing a lot better. :thumbsup:
                             Marv...........Again great videos, it fun watching the poults grow. :thumbsup:
                             Bud............Glad to read the news on your wife's ultrasound. :clap:
                             Steve..........When I was in Newburg in the late 60's Water street was either cobblestone or a brick road full of potholes and the
                     area wasn't a safe place to be in. Times have changed. :blink:
                             Yesterdays swimming lessons was a little confusing, and unorganized. Originally the kids were to go Tuesday and Thursday but there
                     were so many signups that they have to split it up, My grand kids will go Tuesdays, Carson is in group 1 for beginners and Emma and her
                     cousin Brynn are in group 2. So I will be there for about 2 hours each time.
                              Not much going on today, my wife has a list for me to do before my surgery, I'll do my best. No grand kids till Monday.
                              I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16222 on: Jul 03, 2019, 05:07 AM »
Good morning Eddie,WW, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

68 crawling into the upper 80's later on today. The high humidity is going to boot us in the hind end these next couple of days :%$#!:

Glad you like the videos, I was starting to wonder about the poults. I am still waiting for a couple of the other hens to pop, there should be a bunch of them running around pretty soon.

WW best of luck on the water today, hope you stack them up :clap:

Eddie hope the day flies by and you find yourself with a cold one in hand soon. Not being a gardener I hope you explain a little better about the slugs and beer. I know my sister gets them in her garden.

IW hope you pace yourself in getting on top of your list, fun hearing about the swimming lessons, wish they had them when I was a kid.

TT my sister is a poster lady for someone petrified of surgery. She went through her replacement last year and couldn't be happier. Now she is waiting for her other knee to finish giving out so she can get that one fixed.

I am being called for my ride down the road.

Safe travels to all this weekend if hitting the road :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16223 on: Jul 03, 2019, 06:29 AM »
62* and heading for upper 80's today.
WW, last evening I thought about going out today, just to get one trip in before the long weekend. Wife mentioned some " honey do projects" so will work on those. I should have gone yesterday. Good Luck today.

I worked in the Newburgh area a lot. The street that the VZ office is on had a section that was still brick. Downtown wasn't that great but areas around the city had some very nice homes. We have gotten off the Thruway there a few times to grab a bite to eat on the way home from NYC. We don't go downtown. Worked a lot between Hudson and Newburgh. Not the Adirondacks but very close.

Hope everyone has a good day...h2l

Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16224 on: Jul 03, 2019, 07:58 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Supposed to be a hot one today. My wife is home today and tomorrow. Going to see the surgeon this afternoon to hopefully set up the next surgery. Got very little sleep last night between my back and my neck is acting up again. I grew up competing with horses doing 3 day eventing. About 15 yrs ago I decided I wanted to develop a horse powered farm where everything was going to be done by horses. I volunteered at a draft horse sanctuary which was also a csa. Unfortunately it looks like that dream is over.

Mason Eddie, Hopefully you have a good 1/2 day at work. Sounds like your going to be busy on your 4 days off but a good busy.

Whopper Stopper, Thank you for sharing those videos of the turkeys. I look foreword to them.

WallyWorld, Good luck on the water today. Hopefully you got out before the heat.

Hunts2long, Hopefully you can get out on the water today.

Ice Wanderer, Hopefully the list isn’t to long. Sounds confusing with the grandkids.

I hope everyone has a good day and drinks lots of water. Tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16225 on: Jul 03, 2019, 11:53 AM »
Going to see the surgeon this afternoon to hopefully set up the next surgery. Got very little sleep last night between my back and my neck is acting up again. I grew up competing with horses doing 3 day eventing. About 15 yrs ago I decided I wanted to develop a horse powered farm where everything was going to be done by horses. I volunteered at a draft horse sanctuary which was also a csa. Unfortunately it looks like that dream is over.

45 I hope the next surgery shows some benefit, there are a bunch of people here that will be praying for you to get some relief.

I grew up on a farm in the 60's- 70's. We had a neighbor whom was both a gifted equestrian rider and draft horse expert. I believe his farm was about 120 acres and he did everything with his 2 teams. He won trophies and ribbons all around Minnesota and Wisconsin. He lived close enough that on a quiet night you could hear the harnesses jingle and him hollering "by cracky Ned, lets get going"

My sister had a wild eyed, snot blowing nag called "Blackie" that enjoyed nothing more then rubbing the hide off your leg as it ran through the barn door to it's stall. My dad had concern that the horse was going to hurt her bad so we brought it over to the neighbor and left it for a week. It was night and day when we went to pick him up. Old Clarence brought the horse out and it ran in a 100 foot circle around us stopping when told and continuing when told. From that day on it was like a different animal. I have a good story about that horse but I don't want to bore anyone. I tip my hat to anyone that has the gift to train those critters.

Here is today's card offering. There was a very good video of a little buck and probably his sister. The humidity is so bad it really screwed up the camera. I was just glad this one worked...............

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16226 on: Jul 03, 2019, 07:32 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Hot one today. Went to see the surgeon this afternoon. They will call to tell us the date of the surgery. Going to have a laminectomy on my lower back. Surgeon says that should help so I won’t have any pain running down my legs so I can be more mobile. Rest of my back is a mess. Surgeon referred to it as a lot of mileage on the tread. Would need multiple fusions. He doesn’t think they would take and I would be worse off. Working with horses is very relaxing.

Whopper Stopper, Thank you for sharing that video. I look foreword to watching them.

I hope everyone had a great and safe day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16227 on: Jul 04, 2019, 03:46 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             HAPPY 4th Of July to all.
                             It's 64* and clear a high of 86* is the forecast.
                             Marv.......Great video, they will be big in no time. :thumbsup:
                             I-45........I hope the surgery works for you, think positive.  :thumbsup:
                             H2L/Steve......I think that Stewart Air base closing had a lot to the decline of Newburg also someone told me that there was a big production
                    plant there that closed as well. :o
                             I want everyone to have a good and safe 4th of July, Enjoy the fireworks if your attending watch the roads there are some crazies out there.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16228 on: Jul 04, 2019, 04:17 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
     :bow:   Happy Independence Day!!   :bow:
  64* with clear skies and high humidity this am, high of 90 here today.

Marv...the videos are awesome, that game camera does a really great job!  :clap:   I watched several several videos on how to control slugs and snails after I found them to be the culprits devouring leaves on my radishes, peppers, and beans. I’m not much of a gardener either, lol, but I was hoping not to use any type of chemical stuff that my dogs might happen to get a taste of in treating them. Here’s a video I tried and had very good results with so far. I used small plastic ice cream bowls from the dollar store and the bottoms of water bottles... simple, cheap, and effective.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-xtlrlT_uU
  I-45...wishing you the best with the upcoming surgery Sir, please  keep us posted!   :thumbsup:   I believe a statement from your surgeon explaining his evaluation of your problems and the necessary procedures needed should be sent to the Comp Board?
  Jeff...I never had a problem before with the slugs, believe all the rain and wet weather conditions we had this season might have been the reason? They did like the Yuengling, lol. Hope you enjoy the free time off with the GrandPa duties.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...will be looking forward to your report, hope the fishing was as hot as the weather yesterday!   :thumbsup:

We had a real easy day yesterday, ended up leaving before lunch actually. The Fireworks Company who will be putting on the show tonight were busy setting up in the area we just completed with marble, so nothing could be done there as far as demo work. Part of our crew actually was asked to hang a very large flag on the Capitol Building.
  Not certain how that fell under our mason duties, but we were honored to do it!   :thumbsup: 
  Wishing everyone a safe and happy 4th Of July today....please be careful with the fireworks!  Cawfee’s on...

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16229 on: Jul 04, 2019, 05:36 AM »
HAPPY 4th. everyone. 62* and sunny. I am sure the lake will be busy today. There were quite a few out yesterday.

Ice-45, hoping all that you are going though helps the back. They are able to do many good things these days.

Not a lot planned today. Daughter and her BF are going fishing and will be here one day this weekend.
I have been seeing a beaver out in front almost every evening and morning. It's a bank beaver that lives somewhere in the creek below the house.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.