Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1649002 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #16230 on: Jul 04, 2019, 06:05 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

78 heading to 90 later today.

Happy 4th to everyone :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Eddie thanks for the link, I will pass it along. Good going on hanging the flag :thumbsup:

We were actually going to try fishing today but we couldn't come to a meeting of the minds. The lakes the girls wanted to go to would be infected with crowds. The lakes I wanted to go to that were off the beaten path, they didn't like. Eventually we just decide to heck with it. We may try again tomorrow, just not sure how much improvement 1 day will make.

No plans for the day as of yet. I've never been a a fan of fire works, so will probably just hang out at home.

Hope you all have a fun, and safe day, extra caution if shooting off fire works.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16231 on: Jul 04, 2019, 06:22 AM »
Morning all,

Happy 4th of July everyone  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

IF45.....thoughts and prayers that you find some relief from the pain with the upcoming surgery  ;)  enjoy the day with Mrs45  :clap:

WS.....sorry the fishing plans didn't work out for today  :(  fingers crossed a happy medium can be found for tomorrow  ;)2

Eddie.....nice job on the flag raising  :flex:  I've heard coffee grounds or eggshells around the base pf plants keeps snails away too, they won't crawl over them plus they're both good for the soil  ;)2

IW......enjoy the break in the "grandpa schedule"  ;D

Fishing was definitely slower than it has been, 4 legal eyes & 4 shorts were all we could scare up  :-\  the lake wasn't as busy as I feared, but it sure was HOT  >:D

Have a great day, careful on the roads if taking in fireworks tonight   :)  Take a moment to remember all our servicemen and women past and present that serve so we can celebrate our freedom  :bow: :bow:  Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16232 on: Jul 04, 2019, 06:39 AM »
WW, thanks for the update. You got out, had a good time and caught some fish. Nothing wrong with that. That is a nice walleye...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16233 on: Jul 04, 2019, 07:03 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Happy Fourth of July. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸.

Whopper Stopper, Hope some sort of agreement can be agreed upon for fishing tomorrow.

WallyWorld, Nice looking fish. Thank you for sharing.

Hunts2long, Hope you get out with your daughter and her bf fishing. Is it a big beaver house?

Mason Eddie, Great job raising the flag. The surgeon is surprised the comp and disability case is taking so long.

I hope everyone has a safe and great 4th. Make sure you stay hydrated today.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16234 on: Jul 04, 2019, 08:43 AM »
Every one have a great  4th of July. Just the two of us here today so I will be mowing the back yard.

It has been quiet around here so far with fireworks. Not that many people around either. I am holding off putting the toon in until the first of next week. I mowed the front yard yesterday. I had to keep stopping to clean out the bottom of the mower as the grass had so much moisture in it.

WS It has been a bad week for kayackers this week in Michigan. Two clowns were 2 miles out in Lake Michigan when one of the kayacks started taking on water. That far out on the big lake is looking for trouble as a storm can pop up out of no where. Lucklily they were rescued.
Yesterday morning they were looking for two bodies in an inland lake. Two guys had gone out on kayacks in the middle of the night. Neither of them had life preservers on so they lost their lifes.
I know your wife and sil have more common sence that try that.
Part of the reason the poults grow so fast is they feast on high protien bugs. Grasshoppers are their favorite.

H2L Being able to watch that beaver can be fun until it decides to make dinner out of a prized tree in your yard. While trout fishng in a beaver pond one tile I was able to watch one of the adults teaching a kit how to cut off branches to eat.

ww Your being able to catch walleyes makes me jealous. They planted some in our lake but will not plant any more as they might eat some of thier precious large mouth bass. At one time they were telling us to kill all of  the northern pike we caught so the would not eat the bass. at least the pike and wallyes are edible.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16235 on: Jul 04, 2019, 01:44 PM »
hello all, checking in from work, got woke up at 5:00 Mrs saying there was a strange animal in the cage, SCREAMING, Yup, third little raccoon.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16236 on: Jul 04, 2019, 07:25 PM »
Good evening sunny dry day here so far quite on the fireworks both the City of Newburgh and neighboring Town of Cornwall have shows tonight sure I will hear and maybe see Cornwall's show from my dwelling.
Whopper Stopper thank you for sharing part of your childhood memories with us I agree some people seem to have a gift when it comes to training animals. Hope you and the girls can decided on a place to fish tomorrow. Enjoying all the game/trail camera footage the turkey poults sure are growing fast.
Eddie I will have to watch your video link glad you have found a way to deal with the garden slugs and it is working. If the garter snakes were very small there maybe a nest/den near your wife's garden. When you return to work on Monday may you find no damage to the marble from the fireworks show.
Ice wanderer enjoy your break from grand parenting  may you find some time for yourself before starting on wife's project list.  My family moved from Albany/Troy,NY. area in February of 1967 so like you I saw City of Newburgh's water front as a place you did not want to be  also agree with you the closing of Stewart air force base affected the city of Newburgh.
Hunts2long there still are parts of some streets in Newburgh with brick/cobble stones streets most have either been replaced or paved over with asphalt.  You have me a little confused what is a VZ office? Best to your daughter and BF with their fishing trip. Have fun watching the beaver may it not take down any prized trees like Tom Turkey posted and all trees fall away from your house.
Icefisher-45 thank you for the back ground on your experiences with horses. Sorry to hear your back is so badly  injured may this next surgery be successful and your mobility improve once you recover from the procedure.
Wallyworld good to read the lake was not crowded with people and the two of you caught some walleyes. I see you in short sleeves the last few pictures hope you are remembering the sun screen.
IFF hope the store is not open regular hours i don't see many people shopping on the night of Fourth of July. You may want to research the average number of babies a female raccoon gives birth to may no.3 be the last one you find in your trap.
Tom Turkey it seems every Summer there are rescues and recovery missions on our lakes and other waterways not all but many could be prevented if people used PFD's and had them on properly. The Delaware river forms a boundary between NY. and Pa. about one hours drive west from my home  seems like every Summer a person or persons drowns. Good job keeping your lawn mowed so neighborhood looks nice by your neighbor's house any word on if there has been any interest in his house.

May you all have a good night.
Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16237 on: Jul 04, 2019, 08:08 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

A hot sticky day that will continue into the night, with showers toward dawn.

We decided on a Wisconsin lake for tomorrow morning. One of the reasons it was voted down for today was because of all activities that they had planned, including an 11am boat parade. I am sure the lake got stirred up good but we will take what we get. We are going to take off early so I decided to post tonight and share a video. The chicks were back, unfortunately they never got on the camera. I had a brat bun that I took out by the camera and broke into small pieces.  I should have guessed what pest would take advantage of the offering, even though it took it 2 trips to claim it all.

Hope everyone has an excellent evening, enjoy the fireworks :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

I almost forgot this one. Our yard has been tick free, I am sure in a large part to the turkey's. Look at the face on this young doe, it's covered in ticks................. ..

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16238 on: Jul 05, 2019, 04:27 AM »
WS good luck at the lake of choice,  Got up, came to the kitchen to get a drink, seeing how the window was open, I could hear some "chirping"  Yup number 4 raccoon was in the cage, with yet another one outside the trap.  Off to the park, so now know there were/are at least 5 pups in the family.

back to my pillow. ;D
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16239 on: Jul 05, 2019, 04:44 AM »

Good morning Bud, ER's,
                        It's 68* and clear at this time some chance of showers today is the forecast ::)
                        Bud........Hope those are the last of the raccoons. :blink:
                        Marv.......That poor deer all those ticks, they'll suck all the blood out of her. :%$#!: :cookoo:
                        I hope everyone had a nice day yesterday and took time to reflect on the meaning of the 4th of july means to America, the sacrifice
             the founding fathers took to declare independence from England 243 years ago.
                        I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16240 on: Jul 05, 2019, 05:25 AM »

A few boats out front yesterday. Some weekends we can see 40/50 out there. The lake was super busy.

67* this morning. Hope everyone had a good 4th.

Going to be another warm one today. Have a good one and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #16241 on: Jul 05, 2019, 06:02 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Bud, H2,  Morning Everyone,
  68* fairly clear and calm this morning, high of 86 today with a chance of thunderstorms.

Jeff... hope you had a nice 4th Of July as well yesterday, it sure was a hot one!  :thumbsup: Considered going down to watch the fireworks show at the job site last evening, but the thought of being elbow to elbow with tens of thousands of other people just wasn’t too appealing.
  Bud...nice job on the trapping, good luck with the other(s)!    :thumbsup:
  Marv...best of luck to you and the ladies today, will be looking forward to your report! Thanks again for sharing the videos, those darn ticks are vampires!    :thumbsup:
  Steve...so far so good with the slug traps, they definitely are working. My wife’s flower garden has a small stone wall surrounding it, so it’s been pretty common to see a few of the garter snakes around...will keep an eye out for them.
  Tom....those kayakers got lucky being that far out on the big lake, very unfortunate for the other two going out late at night...what a shame.
  Wally....nice job on the walleyes again, that’s a beauty you’re holding in the picture!!   :clap:  Thanks for the tip with the eggshells and coffee grinds...got a jump start on a few of the plants yesterday.   :thumbsup:
  H2...good luck with the fishing today if you’re heading out Sir!   :thumbsup:

Spent a pretty relaxing day just hanging out around the house yesterday. The heat and humidity limited me on the to do list, but got a few things done anyway and enjoyed a nice little fire to cap the evening off.
  Surprisingly, there really weren’t too many fireworks going off around here last evening like years past.
  Today’s project....baths for the dogs, lol, that will be fun...all 3 do not like the idea of that.
  Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable day yesterday, Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16242 on: Jul 05, 2019, 06:20 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, looks like it’s going to be another hot day. I hope everyone had a good Fourth. We didn’t do much. Took the pup to a local pond and my wife took him for a walk. He had fun going in the water and cooling off. I unfortunately had to sit in a chair. Hoping the surgery helps with that.

Mason Eddie, Relaxing day is always good. Hopefully the dogs like baths. Our puppy needed a bath last night. Fortunately he fits in a sink.

Hunts2long, That’s a beautiful view.

Ice Wanderer, I hope you have a good day.

IFF, Hopefully that will be the last baby and you’ll catch mom.

Whopper Stopper, Good luck today on the water. That poor Doe with all those ticks on her face.

Mr Clean, Thank you, I hope you had a good Fourth and have a good day.

Tom Turkey, Hope the lawn didn’t take to long to do.

I hope everyone has a great day and everyone stays hydrated. Tight lines to those on the water.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16243 on: Jul 05, 2019, 06:23 AM »
Pics of a dirty Mr Dickens.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16244 on: Jul 05, 2019, 06:47 AM »
Morning all,

IF45......nice pics of your pup, looks like he was enjoying the day  :thumbsup:

WS.....that poor doe  :'(  good luck today, hope the bite is as hot as the weather  ;)

IW.....x2 on people remembering the reason for the holiday  :bow:  freedom is not free by any means  :-\

Eddie.....go easy on the list, it's too hot to work too hard  ;)

H2L.....the lake sure looks nice  :thumbsup:

IFF.....hope you've got all of them now, bet Mama doesn't get caught tho  ;)

TT......so sad to read of people losing their lives over not wearing a pfd  :'(  I'm very lucky to have some of the best walleye waters so close to home  :thumbsup:

MrC......I only painted the walk thru door, the big door is a regular garage type door that doesn't need painting  ;)  hope the a/c is keeping it cool  @)

Spent the day riding yesterday, a little over 300 miles about 8 hours  :thumbsup:  saw a bank thermometer that read 98* at one point  :o  stopped at a bait/tackle store, didn't find any new lures but saw this

and immediately thought of WS   :woot: :thumbsup: ;)2

Going to try to get the mowing done before it rains  :-\

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16245 on: Jul 05, 2019, 10:55 AM »
WW nope shes to big to get in the live trap I have, what was with this morning was another small one.
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16246 on: Jul 05, 2019, 07:17 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, I hope everyone had a good day and stayed hydrated. Tough day here. Headaches have been bad the past couple of days. Neurologist ordered a headache cocktail for me so I get to go to work with my wife tomorrow morning for a infusion. Hoping that works.

WallyWorld, Hopefully you managed to get your lawn done before the rain.

IFF, are you going to get another trap for the mother?

I hope everyone has a good night.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16247 on: Jul 05, 2019, 07:28 PM »
IF45.....good luck tomorrow with the infusion, hope it gives you some relief from the headaches  ;)  lawns at home and at fishing camp both mowed, no rain at all yet, still hot and humid ::)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16248 on: Jul 05, 2019, 11:23 PM »
Good evening/early morning for those in the eastern U.S. . Friday was another warm and sunny day may see a thunder storm today.
Whopper Stopper hope you and the girls had a good day on the water and safe travels to WI.
IFF looks like your slowly trapping the young raccoons may pup number 5 be the last one. Any plans to trap their mother and relocate with her babies.
Ice Wanderer hope you, your wife and family had a nice Fourth of July.
Hunts2long nice photo of GSL.
Eddie how did the dog baths go today. Snakes seem to like stone walls think it is because the provide homes for their prey.
Icefisher-45 cute dog, may the infusion provide some relief from the headaches.
Wallyworld good to read the rain never arrived and you got both lawns mowed. thank you for the photo of musky mount i did not realize they could get to that weight.

I will check back later in the day to read everyone posts. have a good Saturday.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #16249 on: Jul 06, 2019, 05:00 AM »
Good Morning Steve, Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy skies and 69*, high of 83 today with thunderstorms expected to roll in by mid morning. We never did get a drop here yesterday.

Steve...well, the dog baths didn’t go very good...thinking I got the better of the washing, lol, but they all smell better!   ;D
  I-45...good luck with the infusion this morning Sir, hope it works for you!!   :thumbsup:  Thanks for sharing your dog pictures with us, good looking boy!   :clap:
  Wally....what a great way to spend the day cruising around on the bike, envious!!   :clap:  Thanks for sharing the picture of that beautiful mount....might be just a tad off on the weight, but there was probably some alcohol involved at the weigh station...totally understandable!!  ;D     :thumbsup:

Not quite sure what is on the schedule for today, crossing fingers it’s not a whole day of rain anyway. Refilled my slug traps yesterday, had another 12 guests that shouldn’t have gone out drinking in the garden!   
  Will check in throughout the day to see how everyone is doing.....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16250 on: Jul 06, 2019, 05:04 AM »
71* this morning. T-storms on tap for today.
Ice-45 hope all goes well with the infusion and that helps. Dog looked like it enjoyed itself.
IW, has to be quiet around your place.
WW, 300 miles is a long ride. Had to be fun. Good luck out on Erie. Be safe.
Daughter coming today for a cookout. May be between storms.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16251 on: Jul 06, 2019, 05:19 AM »

;D. I knew Delta had some big ones in it.... ;) ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16252 on: Jul 06, 2019, 05:36 AM »
    ;D. I knew Delta had some big ones in it.... ;) ;D
                         :roflmao: :thumbsup: :roflmao: :thumbsup:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16253 on: Jul 06, 2019, 06:03 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 70* and partly cloudy skies. I have a weather stick on the front porch and it is pointing down, the humidity is 91% out and 70% in
                everything feels sticky. ::)
                       Wally.........Other than being out on the lake a ride would be the next best thing. :thumbsup: I think they forgot the decimal point on
                that fish mount? ???
                       I-45..........I hope the infusion works for you. :flex:
                       Eddie........Those slugs have to be getting to you, did you ever have a slug problem before. ??? It too hot to do any work so it's a good
               day to take it easy. :thumbsup:
                       Tom..........It saddens me to read about people losing life over not being prepared do their activities  :(
                       Marv.........How did you Wisconsin fishing trip go, can't wait to see some pictures. :flex:
                       H2L..........The lake looks very inviting. :thumbsup:
                       My wife left for her sons to do her granddaughter watching, she took MW's daughter this trip the 2 girls are pretty close. So it's real quiet
              around here. Yesterday I got the lawn mowed, the guessers said it's suppose to rain heavily today.
                       I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16254 on: Jul 06, 2019, 06:13 AM »

I am going to make this separate from my morning post. Eddie had sent me some pictures from his job last week and I forgot to post them so everyone could see them, Sorry Eddie.

So the first one was a beautiful picture of the Capitol building.....

The next one was a picture as they were working on hanging the flag.................

And the last one was of the finished job.......

Beautiful pictures Eddie :thumbsup: Sorry again about not getting them up the other day.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16255 on: Jul 06, 2019, 06:29 AM »
Morning all,

IW......not sure where the weight guesstimate came from, someone's wish list maybe  :blink: :roflmao:  enjoy the quiet  ;)

Eddie.....as hot as it was yesterday the dog bathing sounds pretty refreshing  ;D  rain is just beginning here  :-\

MrC.....hoping the rain today eases the humidity a notch or two  :whistle:

H2L.....it was a long ride especially with the heat but we packed water & snacks and took frequent breaks throughout the day  ;)2  went from home to Alex Bay to Oswego then back home, 314 miles on the odometer  :flex:  enjoy the cookout today  :)

IF45......wishing you the best today  ;)

TT.....how crazy has the lake been  ???

WS......any more fishing trips planned for the weekend ???

Not much going on today, supposed to be some rain/t-storms all day just had a brief shower pass thru, barely wet the deck  ::)  tomorrow we're heading to Lake Erie for a few days fishing  :clap:  :thumbsup: 

Have a good day whatever's on tap. Stay safe.

Morning WS....thanks for posting Eddie's pics  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: beautiful shots  :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16256 on: Jul 06, 2019, 06:35 AM »
Good Morning ER's I 45 hope your procedure goes well today. H2L enjoy your daughter time. Bud nice trapping on the babies. WW nice walleye again IW how you feeling? WS the pic of the ticks freaks me out. Eddie nice work on the garden and dog washing. It's hot and humid here between showers.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16257 on: Jul 06, 2019, 07:00 AM »

Another warm one moving in, but the good news is that our old buddy Les Humid stopped by for a short visit :clap:

I will have to catch up from yesterday, a little short on time this morning as my brother is coming this morning and spending the night before heading back to Green Bay WI tomorrow.

Yesterdays fishing wasn't very good but the girls had fun. Their main focus was bass and they did catch a few. I never took any pictures because I know they aren't that popular of fish on  the 9:45. The lake was definitely stirred up from the 4th's activities. The weed checker on shore said we would have had to park about 1/4 mile from the landing if we would have intended to fish on the Holiday itself.

I am sure most of you are familiar with wake board boats? Myself I was happily ignorant of them until yesterday. It wasn't until I got home and googled them up that I learned of the hatred many lake shore owners have for them. The lake we were on was long but fairly narrow. About 2 hours into fishing, someone launched the said boat and spent the remainder of our lake time, going back and forth entertaining a bunch of kids who tried their hand at wake boarding.

The boat goes fairly slow so it isn't that noticeable as compared to a speeding ski boat, however the wake they generate is unbelievable. You don't even notice the massive waves making their way towards you until they hit, basically blind siding you. I thought we were going to get swamped the first time we got blasted  :%$#!:. Shore owners soon appeared out of their houses cursing the boat and getting their boats either tied down better or putting them on the lifts. I can see why you would need to protect your shoreline with rock or rip-rap if a few owned the boats, the massive waves would erode a shore line fast. We fished until mid day and then decided we had enough. We topped the day off with a pizza and a couple of cold ones. 

I need to get a few things taken care of before company comes. My wife ordered a blueberry pie for my brother to celebrate his 70th Birthday and I can pick it up first thing..

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16258 on: Jul 06, 2019, 07:17 AM »
WS......happy birthday to your brother  :clap: :thumbsup:  enjoy the visit AND the pie  :woot:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16259 on: Jul 06, 2019, 09:08 AM »
Not much getting done around here with the humidity and heat. WSers buddy, les humid, is supposed to be here next week but the temps will be in the mid 80's. I still have not mowed the back yard due to the humidity so that will get done. By then the front yard will need done again.

After taking the wife over for some labs I stopped at a State Police Post about a vehicle that has been sitting along side of the road for over a week. I saw a cruiser sitting by the vehicle a while later so I stopped. The trooper said he did not think it had been their that long as there were no tracks. it had rained and the grass around it had grown up and had been mowed at least once. I told him so what I said about seeing it there that long means nothing and walked away.

ww I have not been around the a water so I do not know how bad it has been. Knowing how bad it gets around a holiday is why I put off putting the toon in.

WS have a good visit with your brother. I think my nephew is comming from Va to his dads so I am looking forward to seeing him. He called me last month, that was the first time I have talked to him in years. My brother and his famaily do not realize a phone call can be made both ways.

There was a report on the news about all of the people that had been saved from drownding the last few days that had been done on one of the rivers that is high and fast from all of the rain. A lot were not wearing life preservers. With common sence being a thing of the past is the problem.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.