New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: How is everyone passing the time?  (Read 6130 times)

Offline MXFISHER656

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: How is everyone passing the time?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 18, 2006, 11:08 AM »
Took this guy yesterday with the smoke pole...

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice job Gump!!! 8 pointer with the muzzle loader! Are you going to get it mounted?

Offline KingFisher1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 18, 2006, 11:24 AM »
Waiting for UPS to show up with my Marcum LX-5

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • . . . . . . Happy Trails . . . .. Des .. IBOT #328
« Reply #32 on: Dec 18, 2006, 11:33 AM »
You could make a road trip!!  I've been icefishing since Dec 3. 
PM me if you come to MN,  I'd be happy to show ya some of my favorite fishin' holes.
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline pokerman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #33 on: Dec 18, 2006, 12:03 PM »
If we make it through December
Everythings gonna be all right I know
It's the coldest time of winter
And I shivver when I see the fallin snow

I got plans of bein in a warmer town come summer time
Maybe even California
If we make it through December we'll be fine

I got laid off down at the factory
And there timings not the greatest in the world
Heaven knows I been workin' hard
I wanted Christmas to be right for daddy's girl
Now I don't mean to hate December
It's meant to be the happy time of year
And why my little girl don't understand
Why daddy can't afford no Christmas here

Everythings gonna be alright I know
It's the coldest time of winter
And I shivver when I see the fallin' snow

I got plans of bein' in a warmer town come summer time
Maybe even California
If we make it through December we'll be fine

Offline gumpy2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's gator time...
« Reply #34 on: Dec 18, 2006, 01:27 PM »
Nice job Gump!!! 8 pointer with the muzzle loader! Are you going to get it mounted?

Thanks.  Still looking for something bigger for the wall though.  One of these years... THis one is bound for the  sausage grinder and then ice fishing assuming we ever get any ice to fish on.  Have you hit Conesus at all lately MXFisher?

"Porkers??  You talkin' about porkers Mr. Hoopa?"

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 18, 2006, 02:02 PM »
Robb lost a MONSTER laker right away >:(  He had it on for a little while and was making some progress getting it off the bottom and then it got off :'(  It had to be at least 15 to 20lbs judging by the fight of a 5lber he caught later. I think in total we did about a dozen lakers with mostly small ones and we also scored two nice bonus walleyes that came off a doubleheader ;D  We had a great day out there, very warm and mild and there were 3 other boats out running riggers and boards for sammies, lakers and browns.  We also saw a bald eagle early on that came pretty close! 
Where did ya go Slip. Sounds like you guys had a good time. I got skunked trying for Rainbows 2 days in a row :%$#!: I need to start fishing with you :bow: :flex:

Offline iceenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Adirondacks,my home away from home.
« Reply #36 on: Dec 18, 2006, 02:44 PM »
We fished Otsego lake!  When you go fishing with Robb you NEVER get skunked 8) 
This is true...Robb has to be the luckiest fisherman I have Known. :tipup:
\\\"Thats Right...Too much\\\"-AM 1914-2005, Thanks Pon,you started it all

Offline pray for the fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 18, 2006, 02:50 PM »
How are we passing time? Hoo boy, we are ice fishing like crazy here on red in north minn. I n fact yest. 3 planes landed right here on the ice and were fishing. Make a road trip you die hards!

Offline MXFISHER656

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 18, 2006, 03:54 PM »
 Have you hit Conesus at all lately MXFisher?

No, sadly I haven't gotten out in the boat on Conesus lately. I did get out for some eyes from the boat up until mid November, but I put it away. I wish I hadn't. Farginicehole, got out and hit the pike good on friday, and yankee troller hit the smallies Sunday. If I wasn't heading south for the holiday, the boat would be coming back out. I'm going to wait and see what January brings before I pull it out of the barn and put the motor back on though. Just shore fishing here and there when I can now waiting for ice. Have you been fishing or just slaying bambi?

Dan 8)

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Dec 18, 2006, 03:57 PM »
How are we passing time? Hoo boy, we are ice fishing like crazy here on red in north minn. I n fact yest. 3 planes landed right here on the ice and were fishing. Make a road trip you die hards!
Dont be rubbing it in :%$#!:

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 18, 2006, 06:03 PM »

Last I ckecked...this was the NY General section :blink:

Push some of that cold our way...please. I would love to head out and get on the ice with you guys. Keep an open invite...I will be out Feb. 1st, if no ice here by then.

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #41 on: Dec 18, 2006, 07:42 PM »
I've been small game hunting with my old man!
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline gumpy2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's gator time...
« Reply #42 on: Dec 18, 2006, 08:55 PM »
Have you been fishing or just slaying bambi?

Just hunting the last month or so.  Now that the season is over I plan on hitting the water somewhere.  Probably do some fishing on the Fingerlakes tributaries for some trout before that season closes (Dec. 31st.)   I'm also right in between Irondequoit Bay and the ponds around Braddocks, so I'll hit them over the next week or two for some perch.

"Porkers??  You talkin' about porkers Mr. Hoopa?"

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #43 on: Dec 19, 2006, 08:03 AM »
We fished Otsego lake!  When you go fishing with Robb you NEVER get skunked 8) 

This is true...Robb has to be the luckiest fisherman I have Known. :tipup:

Thanks for the kind words guys!! You guys catch your fair share of fish too ;). Fish do like me for some reason  :whistle:. I'll post those pics up sometime today, I think the one of your trophy came out good Slip!

I even lucked out with the muzzloader yesterday and bagged a skipper doe for some tender young venison on the ice. Carogakid and I were making our way to a watch and saw it near the trail, we both got a bead on her and we agreed to shoot on 3. I count 1, 2, and bang the Kid "accidentally" shoots on 2. Well the dear runs about 90yds out and I get a clean shot off and smack her right in the back of the head!

Man I laughed my A$$ off! He did apologize :D, and drag the deer a ways for me. His new name is on 2 Kid! Thanks to Ozzy for the great hunting spot, we bagged 4 all together for 2 days of hunting, no bucks though.

Robb :tipup:

Fishmon

« Reply #44 on: Dec 19, 2006, 08:34 AM »
Fished Northwest Bay shorleline at LG on 12/17 with my trusty sportspal and fly rod.  Caught two nice salmon and lost another.  Not bad weather and water temperature is still 40+ which is not good for ice any time soon.  Best thing that could happen now is a big snow dump which will drop surface temperature dramatically (remember your high school physics?) followed by a nasty cold front and several days or weeks of consistently cold temperatures.  Maybe we could ask our Canadian friends to start up the great white air conditioner or at least offer us a discount on the Molsens.

Offline Caroga Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bring On The Ice!!!
« Reply #45 on: Dec 19, 2006, 10:34 AM »
Thanks for the kind words guys!! You guys catch your fair share of fish too ;). Fish do like me for some reason  :whistle:. I'll post those pics up sometime today, I think the one of your trophy came out good Slip!

I even lucked out with the muzzloader yesterday and bagged a skipper doe for some tender young venison on the ice. Carogakid and I were making our way to a watch and saw it near the trail, we both got a bead on her and we agreed to shoot on 3. I count 1, 2, and bang the Kid "accidentally" shoots on 2. Well the dear runs about 90yds out and I get a clean shot off and smack her right in the back of the head!

Man I laughed my A$$ off! He did apologize :D, and drag the deer a ways for me. His new name is on 2 Kid! Thanks to Ozzy for the great hunting spot, we bagged 4 all together for 2 days of hunting, no bucks though.

Robb :tipup:
You left out the part where you Elbowed me on 2.. ;)

Offline Nitro_372

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Dec 19, 2006, 12:21 PM »
I have been hunting almost every day finally got my first doe ever Saturday, hit her in the spine and dropped her. then watched the 10 point buck run past me with 5 other doe  :o

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Dec 19, 2006, 12:29 PM »
 Ive been studyin my butt off for finals...all done tonight, will be likely rabbit hunting until we get some ice.
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline MXFISHER656

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 19, 2006, 03:51 PM »
I'm also right in between Irondequoit Bay and the ponds around Braddocks, so I'll hit them over the next week or two for some perch.

A few of us will be out on I-bay Thursday morning, if your up for it come on out! More the merrier! PM me if you can make it Gump!

Anyone else from the WNY area going to be out there Thursday? Fargin, eyedr?.....anyone?

Offline Rangerkev

• IceShanty Rookie
  • gone fishing
« Reply #49 on: Dec 19, 2006, 03:59 PM »
going reef fishing in the florida keys.  Hoping to get on the ice when I get back.
Born To Fish... Forced To Work!!

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Dec 19, 2006, 04:46 PM »
Try this. You'll have to do a copy/paste because I haven't figured out how to set it up so you can just click on the URL to get there.
http://n.ethz.ch/student/mkos/pinguin.swf

Offline Caroga Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bring On The Ice!!!
« Reply #51 on: Dec 19, 2006, 05:48 PM »

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Dec 19, 2006, 05:49 PM »
hunting
open water fishing
iceshanty.com
studying up about my fish
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Dec 19, 2006, 06:05 PM »
waxin it

Offline flagnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Dec 19, 2006, 06:36 PM »
Start jigging ,drill a hole and sit there all day.

Offline saranacjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Dec 19, 2006, 07:01 PM »

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
« Reply #56 on: Dec 19, 2006, 07:54 PM »
MXFISHER656, I'd love to hit IBay but today I put my boat to bed for the winter. I'll be fishing somewhere that day though. Long Pond, Cranberry and even Ibay outlet have been doing pretty well.
Pete Lewis

Offline pike-perch01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Dec 19, 2006, 08:13 PM »
I find myself spending money on ice fishing gear and tackle that i don t really need. the sad thing about it is some of it i already have.we need to walk on water and soon  this is driving me crazy also.
same here i just bought  a new nils auger to go with the other 6 hand augers and two power augers that i already have.and if i don't get ice quick i will probably add to my collection of jigging rods.what the heck it is only money. ::)

Offline bassman79

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish on get the net!!!
« Reply #58 on: Dec 19, 2006, 08:18 PM »
fished keuka over the weekend got a few smallies a few perch n a ton of lakers on sunday what a blast we were spoonin in 130 ft your arms get tired after a while though lol ;D ;D
work is for people who dont fish!!!!!

Offline MXFISHER656

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Dec 19, 2006, 08:44 PM »
MXFISHER656, I'd love to hit IBay but today I put my boat to bed for the winter. I'll be fishing somewhere that day though. Long Pond, Cranberry and even Ibay outlet have been doing pretty well.

Eyedoktr, wish I could ask you to join me but I'm a guest in the boat I'm going out in. Good luck were ever you end up, the perch fishing has been hot lately.........wait who am I telling.........your posting the good reports! Thanks!!!

As far the boat being put away, I'm kicking myself for putting mine away. If we don't have ice soon after the holidays, mine will be back out!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.