The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Auger Problems  (Read 1277 times)

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
Auger Problems
« on: Feb 06, 2005, 07:28 PM »
I was out on the lake yesterday and decided to put a few more hole out deep so i brought the auger out and pulled it, it started and when the pull cord wound in the plastic piece (spool) went sideways locking the rope in place. I took off the gas tank and the top of the auger and i discovered that the metal piece that the spool connects to the top of the auger snapped. The strikemaster auger is less that a month old but i dont have the origional box or recipt, I bought it from sports authority. What Should I Do???

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
Re: Auger Problems
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2005, 07:45 PM »
Call the store first and see if they can do anything for you. second call strikemaster I'm sure the auger will have a serial # on it and most stores sell out of augers by end of season unless they keep in a warehouse or something but the serial # will most likely tell when it was made. Not sure what warranty is on a auger but it might be within the warranty and they will probably take care of it for you. I have heard a lot about pull cord problems on this site.

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2005, 08:06 PM »
Thank You, I wanted to get out there by this weekend, Hopefully I can get an auger by then >:(

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2005, 08:36 PM »
From what I've seen, every auger has at least 1 year's warranty.  There obviously was a defect in your rewind assembly, and Strikemaster is a reliable company for warranty guarantees. Tecumseh 2 hp motors this year have been having a lot of trouble with that assembly because they are made of plastic. 
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2005, 11:01 PM »
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2005, 12:12 AM »
We've had a few strikemasters & jiffies (both the 2 horse motor) returned with broken recoils.  If ya bought it at a Gander, I'm sure they'll give ya a replacement.  Hopefully this helps.

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline TJG

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's like xmas, 6-8 inchs of solid ice!!!
Warranty,warranty,warranty!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2005, 02:25 AM »
Call the store first and see if they can do anything for you. second call strikemaster I'm sure the auger will have a serial # on it and most stores sell out of augers by end of season unless they keep in a warehouse or something but the serial # will most likely tell when it was made. Not sure what warranty is on a auger but it might be within the warranty and they will probably take care of it for you. I have heard a lot about pull cord problems on this site.

Grasshopper, this man is very wise, you much smart to listen to him!
If not, we will all come down on this store! By the way, most augers have a two year warr from the purchase date and the store has a 3 year from the factory. Ser# will be fine.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.