Author Topic: New toys for 2012  (Read 3788 times)

Offline captstevepc

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New toys for 2012
« Reply #30 on: Jan 17, 2012, 10:46 AM »
Happy to report that the Nils power auger i got this year worked great this past weekend up on Lake Champlain. We have anywhere from 7-11 inches of ice and it cut thoguht it like butter.. Very pleased with my purchase. More to come on the fishing report. We had a great trip.

Offline KneeDeepSteve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 17, 2012, 11:45 AM »
Happy to report that the Nils power auger i got this year worked great this past weekend up on Lake Champlain. We have anywhere from 7-11 inches of ice and it cut thoguht it like butter.. Very pleased with my purchase. More to come on the fishing report. We had a great trip.
What area of Champlain did you fish? I have fished the North end by Alburgh and can't wait to get up there again in June.

Offline captstevepc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 17, 2012, 12:32 PM »
Sounds like we were in the same area.  We got 25 pike over the three days we fished. We had a 39" (15 LB) and a 35" (12lb) and a couple in the 10lb range. the rest of the fish were in the 4-6 lb class. I will post some picture and a report later. Need to dowload the photos from my camera.  I have been up there on the boat too in the spring and we did amazing on bass in that area. Going back in the spring.

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #33 on: Jan 17, 2012, 02:01 PM »
littlebigfish- you definitely should have taken a picture of that!!!

Steve- I remember talking to you last year at cranberry, you take that trip every year right?

I don't think i'm at the out fishing shawn level yet, I'll leave that to his brother!  :o haha  I'll play it low key and learn how to hone in the flasher and use it right before I try and overtake him!

Doug- I bet I can beat him in a race to the tip-up though!!! haha

"That's how you do it...That is how you ice fish!" MM

Offline captstevepc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 17, 2012, 02:04 PM »
yup was at that cranberry outing last year with my wife.. we had a great time.. hopefully we will be able to have one again this year!

Offline KneeDeepSteve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 17, 2012, 03:35 PM »
Sounds like we were in the same area.  We got 25 pike over the three days we fished. We had a 39" (15 LB) and a 35" (12lb) and a couple in the 10lb range. the rest of the fish were in the 4-6 lb class. I will post some picture and a report later. Need to dowload the photos from my camera.  I have been up there on the boat too in the spring and we did amazing on bass in that area. Going back in the spring.
Those are some good ones. We mainly go up there to bass fish but we get our fare share of pike, alot of smaller ones mainly. We did get a couple in the 5 and 6lb range but nothing really bigger than that. Since we went a couple years ago I have learned alot more about fishing for smallies and I'm pumped to see what kind of damage we can do up there this year.

Here is some video from our last trip. Hard to take video when your busy catchin. ;D

Offline shadylakeice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 20, 2012, 05:03 AM »
new for this year: waders and wading jacket

Offline Reb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • PLEEAASSE FREEZE !!
« Reply #37 on: Jan 20, 2012, 07:01 AM »
Everybody got new toys but did anyone think to buy an ice maker ?????

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #38 on: Jan 20, 2012, 12:25 PM »
Damn I know I didn't! That's why you're the brains of this operation Reb!

"That's how you do it...That is how you ice fish!" MM

Offline fishgalore

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Jan 20, 2012, 03:32 PM »
Those are some good ones. We mainly go up there to bass fish but we get our fare share of pike, alot of smaller ones mainly. We did get a couple in the 5 and 6lb range but nothing really bigger than that. Since we went a couple years ago I have learned alot more about fishing for smallies and I'm pumped to see what kind of damage we can do up there this year.

Here is some video from our last trip. Hard to take video when your busy catchin. ;D

Nice vid!

Offline Reb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • PLEEAASSE FREEZE !!
« Reply #40 on: Jan 21, 2012, 08:06 AM »
AJ, that must be it, because my wife tells me the same thing all the time....LMAO

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.