New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: hows the sullivan ny ice fishing going ????  (Read 58484 times)

Offline Highlander2

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: hows the sullivan ny ice fishing going ????
« Reply #60 on: Jan 04, 2009, 08:51 AM »
holehawg, saw the same thing, thought it was kory

heard perch in huntington :tipup:

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 04, 2009, 10:08 AM »
would like to thank Mr. holehawg for the invite to highland,had a good time,have to do it again , hopefully a little less windy next time.  at least the beer didnt freeze. To bad we missed the other guys

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
« Reply #62 on: Jan 04, 2009, 11:38 AM »
i was at highland Saturday too.  I was with the group of 10 or so (the loud s.o.b.s)  That is the worst I have ever seen the wind there.  We ended up with lots of perch all small and like 15 pik  1-24 1-22 and 2-20's.  All and all the fishing was OK but had a good time, some good dogs, venison and brandy.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #63 on: Jan 04, 2009, 12:59 PM »
yeah, we saw you. we were a little farther over, by the shore.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 04, 2009, 02:34 PM »
would like to thank Mr. holehawg for the invite to highland,had a good time,have to do it again , hopefully a little less windy next time.  at least the beer didnt freeze. To bad we missed the other guys
any time yo...any time at all ...great meeting you 2 ...i'll have to try to connect with shawn better next time..at least now we know we all in the same ball park...maybe we can pull it together for the sand bar tourney in feb.....  :icefish:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Jan 04, 2009, 02:44 PM »
guys... i just want to give anybody fishing this week up my way a  heads up...tom from the narrowsburg bait & tackle is out of bait & going to be away for a few days at a sporting goods show ...the shop will be closed...also heard from 2 callicoon guys at lake huntington  that they we're having a hard time finding a shop with bait.. so if ya  going up narrowsburg  / callicoon way  call the shops first...i'll let everyone know when toms narrowsburg  bait is is back & good to go...

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 04, 2009, 04:11 PM »
went to lake superior today. 7inch of ice. kept 3 nice pickeral & a bunch of perch. pictures should be up tommorow. walt

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
« Reply #67 on: Jan 04, 2009, 09:26 PM »
Hey guys.. was up at Highland Saturday too in that Hurricane!!  We were in the Black Eastman IceCube (thank God for that).  did pretty good on fish with 12 Picks and a couple Dozen Yellows. We have to get more organized....only guy I met from IS was Moondog, and that was getting off the ice at the end of the day.  We need a good Flagpole with an IS flag so we can hang together.  Hmmmmm... I happen to have a 15 ft. fiberglass telescoping outrigger that I don't use anymore.  NUTS..... one more piece of junk to haul out on the ice.
Next week ...UPTON LAKE  in Northern Dutchess....TROUT WATER!!!  Gets heavily stocked each year by a local Association....stocked it last week.  Anybody interested???

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #68 on: Jan 04, 2009, 09:42 PM »
Hey guys.. was up at Highland Saturday too in that Hurricane!!  We were in the Black Eastman IceCube (thank God for that).  did pretty good on fish with 12 Picks and a couple Dozen Yellows. We have to get more organized....only guy I met from IS was Moondog, and that was getting off the ice at the end of the day.  We need a good Flagpole with an IS flag so we can hang together.  Hmmmmm... I happen to have a 15 ft. fiberglass telescoping outrigger that I don't use anymore.  NUTS..... one more piece of junk to haul out on the ice.
Next week ...UPTON LAKE  in Northern Dutchess....TROUT WATER!!!  Gets heavily stocked each year by a local Association....stocked it last week.  Anybody interested???

we were the first ones off the ice. white box on skis, then a black box on skis, and a jet sled lagging behind. :laugh: i saw you there. dam, missed a bunch! didn't anyone notice the militia stickers on my box? (the white one ) ::) :P
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Jan 04, 2009, 09:54 PM »
hole hawg,the sandbar tourny sounds good,,i think i can do it from the sand bar too,[i know lol] have to arrange a place to stay if I do it. I'll get pooley to come too.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #70 on: Jan 04, 2009, 09:57 PM »
hole hawg,the sandbar tourny sounds good,,i think i can do it from the sand bar too,[i know lol] have to arrange a place to stay if I do it. I'll get pooley to come too.

i think i could swing that! :P :laugh:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Jan 05, 2009, 06:03 AM »
i think i could swing that! :P :laugh:
yea ..we should all meet at that one...sounds like alot of shanty folk where there... just need to connect..i'm thinking about that flag too iceballs..only i was waiting to see if scott came out with a militia flag ...that design stands out really good against the black hoodie...white flag is hard  to see against snowy /ice.....besides..i'm not big on looking like i'm surrendering....  ;):laugh:...pooley are ya making fun of me being out of shape... ;)sled lagging behide..lol....

Offline Highlander2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Jan 05, 2009, 07:20 AM »
Tom is Out of Bait like holehawg said, Mountain is out as well.  :wacko:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Jan 05, 2009, 07:29 AM »
Tom is Out of Bait like holehawg said, Mountain is out as well.  :wacko:

whats going on with  that cousin.????????? dealers not stocking ???? lots of guys buying not trapping ????? god... when we was young...i used to trade my stone caddies & hellgramites to donney meckles shop for hooks & line / lures ....prob . cant do that now huh...????? park service would prob. mace me if i lifted a rock on the mighty d now..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: how long before ya get some..?????? i'm heading your way thursday...and honesdale doesnt have a bait shop sooo... i got to travel for bait for weekend fun.... ;D

Offline Highlander2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Jan 05, 2009, 07:34 AM »
they would mace both of us. We went thru 30 lbs+
case's of spike, mousies, wax worms, and other stuff.
empted two big tanks.
In Mountains case, just alot of fishermen.   :tipup:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Jan 05, 2009, 07:46 AM »
good for you .... :thumbsup: i thought maybe it was dec /goverment rules problem.... :wacko: i'm fresh out of minnows ..gave my last dozen to freddie stabbert & his kids as  i left lake huntington sunday...lousy day fishing ..2 flags..0 fish for 3 hrs....met some nice folks though... :thumbsup:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #76 on: Jan 05, 2009, 08:55 AM »
not busting, just trying make you build that auger rack! :laugh:
when we meet again, i'd like to try huntington. i've caught plenty of browns through the ice. i can show you some tricks. also, i can usually get plenty of bait, so let me know.

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
« Reply #77 on: Jan 05, 2009, 09:33 AM »
Guy's if White is safe by Sat do you want to meet there. We can go for trout Walleye's crappies perch, Bass,. We can meet at the state boat ramp & fish out there.  If not maybe back to Highland . IceBalls you were rite next to me I had the wooden box with the blue & blake milk crates on it. I had the blake bib's on

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Jan 05, 2009, 09:35 AM »
 i've started building  it  buddy...after seeing youse guys stuff i'm tinkering.. :laugh:..yea ...me & other guy at huntington had flags  ( me 2 ..him around 4or 5 )..in 20ft of water ..but they were pulling that take & stop stuff...we even tryed letting um' run with it ..but ya could watch the spindle trip / spool stop turning even as we appoach the traps....fussy / messin with us .. :tipup: :unsure: :tipup: we can do lake huntington ..only 20 minutes from where we were at high land.... even closer if ya stay on 17b & go to frosterdale 4 way light....real easy nys acess area 15 ft to the ice..my kind of sled drag... :flex: ;)2

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Jan 05, 2009, 09:40 AM »
Guy's if White is safe by Sat do you want to meet there. We can go for trout Walleye's crappies perch, Bass,. We can meet at the state boat ramp & fish out there.  If not maybe back to Highland . IceBalls you were rite next to me I had the wooden box with the blue & blake milk crates on it. I had the blake bib's on

lord i got to get my eyes checked..i was surrounded by shanty folk ... ::)... shawn i can let ya know by thursday night...got some major work problems  to fix right now... ::) ::) ::)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #80 on: Jan 05, 2009, 01:00 PM »
maybe this weekend. not looking good down here! :(

Offline maxt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #81 on: Jan 05, 2009, 01:35 PM »

Never had any luck on White Lake. Fished there twice and got skunked both times ;D. If it's OK I'd like to join you guys on Sat at White or Highland.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Jan 05, 2009, 01:41 PM »
Never had any luck on White Lake. Fished there twice and got skunked both times ;D. If it's OK I'd like to join you guys on Sat at White or Highland.
sure ....i would have to fish this weekend as next weekend i have a ice tourney for a hunting club in the morning & a bowling tourney in the evening ... :flex: :flex: :flex:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #83 on: Jan 05, 2009, 01:48 PM »
Hole Hawg-others is it still legal to give your let over baitfish to another fishermen ? I thought the bait purchaser name was on the dated receipt you receive with the purchase.
   Lake Huntington does have easy access also was a cafe called Lee&Dee's by the boat launch or later in the day try Pete's pub.
   Good to hear we have ice I will have to try and get out some time soon.

Steve

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Jan 05, 2009, 02:06 PM »
if they do mr. clean its news to me..my guy scribbles something looking like a doctors prescription..and sends me on my way...never seen my name on one but the shops name is on it ...be a heartless guy to ticket that situation.... another good tip on "our place on the lake (old Pete's pub ..) " is the thursday nite  half off wing deal those dozen wings are huge & good ...brew is alittle pricey but barmaid is hot...not that i look or anything... ;)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #85 on: Jan 05, 2009, 02:45 PM »
huntington is sounding better! let's set something up! :P

steve, no name required on thr reciept. just give the reciept with the bait.

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Jan 05, 2009, 03:37 PM »
hole hawg and pooley.... count me in :thumbsup:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Jan 05, 2009, 06:03 PM »
well then its on....lake huntington for sat?????  (sunday i might have my grandmothers 85th birthday  soo i don't know about that day... ) pooley ... yo ...just stay on 17b & go past where ya got off for highland...you'll come to a 4 way intersection at frosterdale ..take a left at that light..stay on that road ...you'll pass a school driveway..beer distributor (convenient.. ::)...)...the our place on the lake bar..just after that on the left is NYS access parking and boat ramp..if that's full go alittle father past the trailer on ya left and park there...if ya chose sunday i might be able to fish the morning depending on the kindness of blondzilla... ;)2...let me know folks...ice balls..shawn..everyone else ....check in here for details if ya want in........ :thumbsup:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #88 on: Jan 05, 2009, 06:20 PM »
saturday sounds good! maybe we can get the 3 state gathering going! ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Jan 05, 2009, 06:32 PM »
would be nice to get that right once.... :laugh: :tipup: ;D :tipup: i'm gonna see if i can get my  best friend the uni-bomber to come...maybe highlander2 might be swayed into joining us ???????? ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.