New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: NY vs. ME vs. PA "Leader board"  (Read 60020 times)

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
NY vs. ME vs. PA "Leader board"
« on: Jan 10, 2006, 06:13 AM »
This will be it's new home and I will remove it from the General tourney board to minimize any conflict.
-IceGeek

The Rules and fine print:
-You must be signed up by the deadline using regular online tourney guidelines.
-ALL other Online tourney rules apply! and points will be calculated based on the entries in the regular online tourney
-points will be awarded for the first 5 places in each category, 5 points for first place down to 1 point for fifth place
As organizer of this side competition I have the FINAL SAY  ;D
-DO NOT post pics of fish in this thread...all scores are tallied using the fish entered in the regular online tourney 

NOTES:   The leaderboard has been updated for the final time.  NY has just barely survived. Sir Catchalots huge crappie really evened up the score.  NY lost a few points as JAZII had a bluegill that wasn't on the board.  Maine also had one fish DQed as tbtools burbot pics were taken in a garage and not on the ice!....tough break!   I'll be headed over to MFF soon and I hope everyone had a good time with this.  Thanks to lonewolf for helping out with some of the measurements, frozen nutts and zach, for coming up with the idea in the first place and to all those who entered fish.  See you all next season!
-IceGeek

FINAL STANDINGS... 

RAW SCORE
TEAM NY 94 points
TEAM ME 34 points
TEAM PA 23 points

NORMALIZED SCORE
TEAM NY  94 points
TEAM ME  93.5 points
TEAM PA   52.7 points

METHODS FOR GENERATING THE SCORES:..There are two scores, the raw score based on the number of points earned by each team, and a normalized score based on a multiplicative factor calculated based on the number of fisherman/fisherwomen on each team. The normalized scores will be computed using a multiplicative factor to make things "fair". These multiplicative factors simply "weight" each teams points to level the playing field.

Bluegill/Sunfish

1st Ol Crawdad  TEAM NY 10 3/4"

2nd fishingking  TEAM NY 10 3/4"

3rd USMC130FE  TEAM NY 10 1/4"

4th dgriff  TEAM NY 10 1/8"

5th JAZII  TEAM PA  10"

Perch

1st JiggerMan  TEAM PA  15 3/8"

2nd  Camo_fish  TEAM NY 15"

3rd  Jig-A-Whopper  TEAM PA 14 15/16"

4th MillerIce  TEAM PA  14 3/4"

5th Chillywillie  TEAM ME  14 3/4"

Crappie

1st Sir Catchalot  TEAM ME 15 9/16" 

2nd  Seaweed01  TEAM PA 15 1/2"

3rd  UPSTATE ICEMASTER  TEAM NY 14 5/8"

4th  Preacherman  TEAM PA  14 1/2"

5th  Jig-a-Whopper  TEAM PA  14 1/4"

Chain Pickerel

1st Hookset  TEAM NY 25 1/4"

2nd Marbury3   TEAM NY   24 3/4"

3rd  Camo_Fish  TEAM NY  24"

4th  adkRoy  TEAM NY 23 15/16"

5th  Caroga Kid  TEAM NY 23 7/8"

Walleye

1st Jig-A-Whopper  TEAM PA 29 15/16"

2nd Pasquatch  TEAM NY  22 3/4"

3rd Coldbum  TEAM NY 21 1/4"

4th ilikepike   TEAM NY  20 1/2"

5th bigredonice  TEAM NY 20"

Burbot

1st  Backwater Guide  TEAM ME   28 1/2"

2nd  chillywillie  TEAM ME 28"

3rd Sir Catchalot  TEAM ME  23 7/8"

4th Buddah TEAM ME 19 1/2"

5th

Brown/Rainbow Trout

1st Bobman  TEAM NY 25 1/4"

2nd nitro04106   TEAM ME  22 "

3rd Gamalot  TEAM NY  21 1/2"

4th Scott Wright TEAM ME 20 7/8"

5th Shellback  TEAM ME  20"

LM/SM Bass

1st camo_fish  TEAM NY  22 3/4"

2nd Backwater Guide TEAM ME 22 1/2"

3rd Jigga21  TEAM NY 21 7/8"

4th Deposit  TEAM NY 21 3/4"

5th  MikethePike TEAM PA 21 1/2"

Northen Pike

1st Chilywillie  TEAM ME 39 1/4"

2nd OZZY  TEAM NY 38 3/4"

3rd Airmancam  TEAM NY 38"

4th  ilikepike  TEAM NY 37 1/4"

5th METIPPIN  TEAM ME 37"

Lake Trout

1st fishingking  TEAM NY 31 1/4"

2nd akdg  TEAM NY 29 1/4"

3rd Bigredonice  TEAM NY 29 1/8"

4th OZZY TEAM NY 28 7/8"

5th BigSpurs TEAM NY 28 1/4"

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Re: NY vs. ME vs. PA "Leader board"
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2006, 06:20 AM »
Yeah! go NY! :clap: :flex: :flex: :clap:
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2006, 06:29 AM »
well after this week we won't have any ice...so you'll have plenty of time to "catch up"

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2006, 08:08 AM »
I just "updated" the contest to make things fair.  I realized we have WAY more people on the NY team than Maine or PA

Offline tbtool

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing- what i live and die for
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2006, 08:42 AM »
looks like maines taken first place in the northern pike catagory

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2006, 09:19 AM »
I'll double check for "submariner" ...doesn't look like he "officially" registered for the tourney.  Looks like he just printed out a tourney card and posted a pic.  I could be wrong, but it's his first post and I know that when you sign up for the online tourney those posts show in your overall as well as in  "recent posts from this member"...look and you'll see what I mean...I'll wait to update him if I get more info, but right now it doesn't look like he's registed, and that's a shame!

MikeThePike

« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2006, 12:45 PM »
Is it possible for the same person to hold 2 places in the same category and get more points for his team? I didn't even bother taking pics of the pickerel I've been getting (22-23" fish) since they won't place but they would get team PA some points in this.

camo_fish

« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2006, 01:03 PM »
Is it possible for the same person to hold 2 places in the same category and get more points for his team? I didn't even bother taking pics of the pickerel I've been getting (22-23" fish) since they won't place but they would get team PA some points in this.
I hear ya, it is fine to upgrade an entry, but per person in the same category there should be only one.
How about it, IceGeek?
Just like normal derby rules.  :)

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2006, 02:56 PM »
I can "ammend" the rules.  Wasn't aware of this one, but it makes sense.  Ok so I'll take care of this along with a million other things when I do the next update.  Are there currently people woth more than one entry per category?  I guess I can looka nd see...let me scroll up
-IceGeek

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2006, 02:59 PM »
I'll answer my own question....Billybono, Deposit, Pletch, Fishingking, and Caroga Kid would be the ones affected...sure, I think this is a good rule since it's part of the regular tourney why not enforce it here.  So if you upgrade and entry you lose your original post if I understand this correctly....correct me if I'm wrong.
-Icegeek

Offline BCJensen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE IS ON FLAGS UP!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2006, 04:00 PM »
Keep up the great work Dr Geek...  We are having a little problem with ICE or lack there of here in pa..  1 Question for you..  Can we get the boats out???????

Take Care
Brent

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2006, 04:05 PM »
I'm going to try and get on the ice tommorrow, after that I think I'll be getting the boat back out!

Offline ICE LUNATIC

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • shiney eyes here i come!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2006, 06:52 PM »
Keep it up New York,i guess i better get a camera so i caN TAKE PICTURES OF MY FISH!
Trying to become a shiney eye king!

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 2006, 07:41 PM »
We have plenty of ice here in Madison County, NY, so I will bring the digital with me until you western NYers get your cold temps back :P
I shouldn't be long.
Keep up the good work GEEK :thumbsup:

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 10, 2006, 07:49 PM »
August,
  fly the flag for us this weekend!  Put some fish on the ice and take some pics.  I'll upload em if you need.  I think you said if i remember you are on dial-up......we'll figure out a way to get them posted!

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 10, 2006, 07:56 PM »
Thanks Geek, I will pull a hat trick this weekend and get the pics to you :-*
I also think you guys should make a trip out this way some time.
I can accomodate up to 4 people. I am located within 10 minutes of at least 9 bodies of water.
See ya soon.

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 10, 2006, 09:05 PM »
August,
  Say no more.....I'm not proud and I'll take you up on the offer.  I updated the leader board tonight and New York was the big loser in this round as I updated the tourney to include all the people I didn't know who were on the PA and Maine teams.....PA is picking up ground, and with the multiplicative factors, there fish really make a big difference in their score, so NY guys, get out there if you've got safe ice, catch some fish and post them up! We are taking top 5 in each category so post-post-post!

bonkfan14

« Reply #17 on: Jan 10, 2006, 09:16 PM »
August,
  Say no more.....I'm not proud and I'll take you up on the offer.  I updated the leader board tonight and New York was the big loser in this round as I updated the tourney to include all the people I didn't know who were on the PA and Maine teams.....PA is picking up ground, and with the multiplicative factors, there fish really make a big difference in their score, so NY guys, get out there if you've got safe ice, catch some fish and post them up! We are taking top 5 in each category so post-post-post!
roger that geek... i will be posting pics this weekend from black lake .....lets kick some PA, ME ,A@@!!!!!!!!!!

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 10, 2006, 09:25 PM »
This weekend will put us ahead for sure. I feel some real team work happening ;)
PA is the sleeper state, we need to be on our toes 8)

bonkfan14

« Reply #19 on: Jan 10, 2006, 09:29 PM »
This weekend will put us ahead for sure. I feel some real team work happening ;)
PA is the sleeper state, we need to be on our toes 8)
hey august you know what you can spell with PA(nsies) :flex:

Offline Sax_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 10, 2006, 09:35 PM »
I'm going to get out tomorrow to try for a 25 " pickerel before this ice dissapears . Ive caught 3 over 20 in the last 3 days hopefully tomorrow will be the day . Maine will have plenty of time time to catch up  ::)
Sax

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 10, 2006, 10:32 PM »
I would have more entry's then just a perch its just the perch bite has been so good on the pond that I havent forced myself too go anywhere else to get decent fish

Also I noticed that if theres a tie that the first entry of that size makes the leaders board this is the way you'll be running it correct?

btw my perch actual size was 13 1/4" but i nthe pic it looked like 13 so ive been calling it 13"
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

camo_fish

« Reply #22 on: Jan 10, 2006, 10:39 PM »
btw my perch actual size was 13 1/4" but i nthe pic it looked like 13 so ive been calling it 13"
that is one of the things that happens, I've lost a few 1/4" and sometimes even a 1/2" on fish cause of the picture. Always trying to get it just right and the 3 photos that I take of the ruler and fish, ya just have to take it for what it's worth.
But, all in all, you can't say that there is a better derby out there that is 2 1/2 months long and doesn't cost anything to enter.  :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 10, 2006, 11:25 PM »
camo im not complaining when i posted the pic i said actual 3.25 but looks liek 13 so call it 13 its not a monster and i know it will get beat so im not trying to keep a 15 incher a 15 incher :)

and however they wantta run the derby is fine by me its free and if i dont like the way its run then i simply wont sign up for it i wont gripe over it
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

camo_fish

« Reply #24 on: Jan 10, 2006, 11:30 PM »
camo im not complaining when i posted the pic i said actual 3.25 but looks liek 13 so call it 13 its not a monster and i know it will get beat so im not trying to keep a 15 incher a 15 incher :)

and however they wantta run the derby is fine by me its free and if i dont like the way its run then i simply wont sign up for it i wont gripe over it
I know your not complaining, I was just saying that everyone has to give a few inches to the photo monster, kind of like the sock monster. You know the size but the photo's sometimes are just off center a bit, like you know you had a pair of socks going into the dryer but you end up with 1. HEHE  ;D
No complaining here either, just have to wait till you do laundry again  ;) to get that sock back.  ;D
Fish On!

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Jan 11, 2006, 06:13 AM »
If lonewolf has "official" lengths posted on his leaderboard I use those lengths, otherwise I try and make the best judgement call I can.     I have alot of respect for lonewolf and the job he does with the regular tourney and I'll try my best to keep this one as fair as possible, even though there really isn't anything at stake.  Hope you guys have fun with this one.  Put some fish on the ice this weekend for us western NYers.  I've made a few phonecalls already and I'm fishing out of the boat.  All the shore ice is gone from the lakes I generally fish.

Offline ilikepike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • if the fish arnt hitting eat venison
« Reply #26 on: Jan 11, 2006, 05:07 PM »
how do we enter our fish for the NY ME PA contest?i have some fish i would like to enter for NY.do u get the fish from the tourney board?
hows your big fat sucker

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Jan 11, 2006, 06:36 PM »
The fish are entered in the normal tourney on that board and I compile a list from those fish.....

Offline ICE LUNATIC

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • shiney eyes here i come!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 11, 2006, 07:05 PM »
New yorker's just keep up with the hammering of fish,we need alot more.lol
Trying to become a shiney eye king!

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Jan 11, 2006, 08:03 PM »
I would have more entry's then just a perch its just the perch bite has been so good on the pond that I havent forced myself too go anywhere else to get decent fish

Also I noticed that if theres a tie that the first entry of that size makes the leaders board this is the way you'll be running it correct?

I had the same thing happen with my walleye. It was a full 23", but the pic didn't do her justice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.