Author Topic: WILLOW SLOUGH  (Read 3828 times)

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
Re: WILLOW SLOUGH
« Reply #30 on: Jan 03, 2016, 02:18 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

17 1lb or bigger

Nice red ears, but no Gills.  Any pics of them on a tape or a scale?  Impossible to tell how big they are in those pics with no point of reference.

Offline crappiecrusher34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 03, 2016, 04:14 PM »
I know what they are. That's all really matters no need to prove it.  Am trying to share not brag. I have stalked this site for years. Wanted to give back on all three sites I have been stealing information from the some of u. With two weeks of giving. It seems some of u jump on guys. This same thing happen on crappie. Com few years ago great fishermen on that site went quite. Not BC of people showing up to lake x.  But people treating them as there not honest people. The slough needs no help from me the weeds do all the work.They hide from most of u. The lake is full of young fish that grow fast. Am no biologist thats for sure. Good luck if there's no ice this season. The locals will be fine with that. Local fisherman will be reward again after hit mess ice in 11 12. The lake explode with size and numbers. Keeping crap out of the lake is most important factor.
Chasing a dream on the water.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 03, 2016, 04:31 PM »
I know what they are. That's all really matters no need to prove it.  Am trying to share not brag. I have stalked this site for years. Wanted to give back on all three sites I have been stealing information from the some of u. With two weeks of giving. It seems some of u jump on guys. This same thing happen on crappie. Com few years ago great fishermen on that site went quite. Not BC of people showing up to lake x.  But people treating them as there not honest people. The slough needs no help from me the weeds do all the work.They hide from most of u. The lake is full of young fish that grow fast. Am no biologist thats for sure. Good luck if there's no ice this season. The locals will be fine with that. Local fisherman will be reward again after hit mess ice in 11 12. The lake explode with size and numbers. Keeping crap out of the lake is most important factor.

Lighten up Francis!  No one is jumping on you.  Those pics provide no point of reference to see how big they are.  They are lined up the bottom of a sled and itvis impossible to know if they are 10" or 12" or bigger.  You said you weighed them so I thought you might have a pic of one on a scale or tape.  If you don't have a pic just say so.  No need to get defensive and say people are calling you dishonest when no one did so.

Offline Fishking83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 03, 2016, 04:47 PM »
Lighten up Francis!  No one is jumping on you.  Those pics provide no point of reference to see how big they are.  They are lined up the bottom of a sled and itvis impossible to know if they are 10" or 12" or bigger.  You said you weighed them so I thought you might have a pic of one on a scale or tape.  If you don't have a pic just say so.  No need to get defensive and say people are calling you dishonest when no one did so.
At least wait until we have ice before you start bullying people Wax :nono:

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 03, 2016, 06:32 PM »
At least wait until we have ice before you start bullying people Wax :nono:

Wanting to see pics is bullying?   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :cookoo: :cookoo: :icefish: :afro:

Offline TeacherPreacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 04, 2016, 07:37 AM »
Whoa! Pretty testy so early in the season!!!
My comment was simple based on studies that WI did a while back. If you want to keep the females, have at it! I'm not the Warden. Just throwing out some info.
Didn't mean to get everyone all riled up.
Teach
Teacher Preacher
Life is short! Do all that you love to do as often as you can with those that you love!

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 04, 2016, 08:16 AM »
WTG Teach! LOL Waxy... Go to your corner! LOL I very rarely keep any big fish... 4 pound eyes, 12" plus crappie, 9-1/2" gills, 18" bass... They just don't have the same flavor. Even when frying, I prefer having as equal size fillets in the basket as possible, so they all cook evenly (as oppose to some over and under done). Plus, I just about never catch big bulls without yellow grub or black speck in them... And the family isnt buying that it's black pepper marinate anymore! Lol But heck, as I reflect, I very rarely catch the asforemention, so I'm not that conflicted these days!  ;D
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 04, 2016, 11:09 AM »
its all the phragmitie they killed off in the back and some in the front.. it is an invasive plant and that is why there are no cattails hardly anywhere at the slough anymore. they are trying to bring back native vegitation. give it some time, its not an overnight process.

GEESE DO NOT EAT PHRAGMITIE!
Got one goin'!

Offline Fishking83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 04, 2016, 11:11 AM »
WTG Teach! LOL Waxy... Go to your corner! LOL I very rarely keep any big fish... 4 pound eyes, 12" plus crappie, 9-1/2" gills, 18" bass... They just don't have the same flavor. Even when frying, I prefer having as equal size fillets in the basket as possible, so they all cook evenly (as oppose to some over and under done). Plus, I just about never catch big bulls without yellow grub or black speck in them... And the family isnt buying that it's black pepper marinate anymore! Lol But heck, as I reflect, I very rarely catch the asforemention, so I'm not that conflicted these days!  ;D
Should we keep Waxy in his corner until we get ice or let him come out this weekend.  I have several good memes saved up I'm waiting to use this season but I want to at least have some ice 1st before I start using them lol

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #39 on: Jan 04, 2016, 08:56 PM »
Nice pics.  Hope to see more pics this season no matter what the size.

Offline Iceman2013

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 11, 2016, 07:05 PM »
Anyone know if they're going to open up the Slough a little earlier than the 24th with all this cold weather coming?

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 11, 2016, 07:24 PM »
Those from "the" gravel pit?
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline seasalt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 11, 2016, 07:49 PM »
Anyone know if they're going to open up the Slough a little earlier than the 24th with all this cold weather coming?

Just emailed the Slough and this is the response.

We just froze over today.   Likely wont be ice fishing in the near future with 40 degree weather and rain later this week.   Likely 10 days or more out at best before we may have decent ice.

Take care

Michael
Property Manager
Willow Slough FWA

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 13, 2016, 09:18 PM »
Thanks for sharing the info on the slough ....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.