Author Topic: Help me understand please???  (Read 5514 times)

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
Re: Help me understand please???
« Reply #90 on: Dec 30, 2011, 01:47 PM »
I also remember pulling a car battery and humminbird super 60 on a sled to check depth. Boy did I think I was high tech then!

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #91 on: Dec 30, 2011, 03:47 PM »
I used a motorcycle battery for quite a while.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline rickasha

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HERE FISHY,FISHY,FISHY
« Reply #92 on: Dec 30, 2011, 04:11 PM »
I still use a lead weight and my fish line and will out fish all ya !!!!!!!LOL  ;D ;D ;D ;D :tipup: FISH ON !!!!!!!!!
IF YOU CAN`T GET`M TO BITE,USE DINOMITE!!
WISH`N I WAS FISH`N
MEMBER OF WEST MICHIGAN WALLEYE CLUB
LIFE MEMBER: NRA & NORTH AM FISHING
Fav quote;  THE TAXI DERMY MAN IS GONE`A HAVE A HEART ATTACK WHEN HE SEE`S WHAT I BE BRING`EM

Offline lvwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Dec 30, 2011, 08:57 PM »
What is the advantage of a lcd? If you are running a lcd graph in flasher mode why not just get a flasher? The only reason I can think of is that there are a lot of the lcd units priced a lot cheaper than the good flashers, or you want dual use out of it boat and ice. In a boat I would rather have a lcd graph.
And yes I still have my old 1 Lb weight on a cord with a knot tied every 5 feet, and we didn't even have spring boobers we use tiny cork boobers, now that is old school, but it doesn't seem that many years ago. Someone mentioned they been using a LCD for 25 years, damn I'm getting old it seem like yesterday LCD's just came out. lol

I have a Bottomline combo flasher and LCR from sometime in the early 80's, still works like new.  Here's a question for you, did you ever hear of a Zircom?  I think I spelled that right.  Oh, and I'm still using a HB Super Sixty and a newer flasher along with an LCD on my boat.
NRA Life Member

Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #94 on: Dec 30, 2011, 10:34 PM »
Here's a question for you, did you ever hear of a Zircon?  I think I spelled that right.

Zercom? Yeah, I've heard of them... I have a Clearwater Classic in an ice carrier. It's an LCD... flasher, of some sort... ???

My 10 year old kid uses it. He is pretty sick of the swing arm for the transducer, what a pain! He will have a VX-1 in his near future. ;D

Offline lvwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Dec 31, 2011, 12:19 AM »
Zercom? Yeah, I've heard of them... I have a Clearwater Classic in an ice carrier. It's an LCD... flasher, of some sort... ???

My 10 year old kid uses it. He is pretty sick of the swing arm for the transducer, what a pain! He will have a VX-1 in his near future. ;D

Zercom, that's right, unique back in the 70's.  The great granddaddy,with new advanced technology, of the modern Showdown.   The Showdown is not completely new and certainly is not untested.

NRA Life Member

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #96 on: Dec 31, 2011, 12:32 AM »
I have a lowrance green box I bought at a garage sale for $5. I think the zircon was bought out by Si Tex who turned into Vexilar??
I also still use a HB Super sixty on my pontoon boat. Had to buy a new transducer though, they go bad after about 30 years.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #97 on: Dec 31, 2011, 09:17 PM »

Zercom, that's right, unique back in the 70's.  The great granddaddy,with new advanced technology, of the modern Showdown.   The Showdown is not completely new and certainly is not untested.

Yeah... it's like a circular showdown... Same principal in a different application.

Offline lvwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Jan 01, 2012, 11:16 PM »
I have a lowrance green box I bought at a garage sale for $5. I think the zircon was bought out by Si Tex who turned into Vexilar??
I also still use a HB Super sixty on my pontoon boat. Had to buy a new transducer though, they go bad after about 30 years.

Oh no!  Either I already beat the odds, or I've only got about a year left on my Super Sixty transducer.  Anybody want to but it?
NRA Life Member

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.