Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 230509 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #2520 on: Jul 03, 2023, 09:52 AM »
Good morning 75 with cloudy sky forecast high temperature for the day is 82 .rain -Thunderstorms supposed to arrive this afternoon and repeat weather on the Fourth then two nice days and back to rain and T-storms . A few prayers for today to those killed and injure during the recent shootings in Baltimore. and Wichitia,KS. . Also a prayer for residents in Northern NY dealing with heavy flooding after storms on Sunday left some places with up to 10 inches of rain .
I will leave a link at end of my post story in my local newspaper interview with a NYS. forest ranger who spent time fighting the fires in Quebec province canada .
Drifter belated Birthday wishes also belated Canada day greetings I hope both days were good ones for you
Whopper Stoper may you and the ladies have arrived safely at your brother's in Iowa. have a good visit with him and your niece .
Edie air quality has improved here also this morning's reading in the twenties nice change after being in the 150's on Friday . Sorry your daughter cancelled the cookout only for the weather to clear up . Glad you got to enjoy some local fireworks .
Wallyworld sorry that you got caught in heavy rain before the bike ride ended on Saturday . May the two of you have a nice day however you spend the time.
Hunts2long nice that Lindsay and her boyfriend were able to fix the spring on your garage door . may all go well for your brother and S-I-L this Friday.
IFF glad you made it safely back to your farm, best wished to you in getting the RV ready for the road trip and with the actual trip itself .
Oldsailor may you be getting better every passing day I hope the air quality by you is good enough on your plate already to worry about best wishes for a complete recovery from the pneumonia .
Ice Wanderer may it have been a nice weekend for you and the family .

For those interested here is link to my local newspaper         https://recordonline.com   the ranger's story is featured on today's home page and to my knowledge a free story viewable by everyone.

Have a good day keep safe ,stay healthy . Best to all fishing.
  Steve

PS. Checked the link and it works for me.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2521 on: Jul 03, 2023, 11:38 AM »
ER's, thanks for the well wishes!!! I have home nurse visits twice a week and today was one of them. She was pleased with my progress, and I am feeling much better than I had!! Everyone please have a safe and sane Fourth of July!! And go ahead and eat too much!!! :woot: :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: ;)2 :bow: :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2522 on: Jul 03, 2023, 10:34 PM »
Thanks fer all the b'day wishes.
Back online after having poor intrnt since mid-day on Friday. Only one cell tower out here and it gets jammed up on summer weekends with long weekendslike this one extra jammy. 😁
Oh, in case you didn'tfigure it out I'm at the cabin on vacay. Came out on Thursday and will be out here until August 6th.  Got lots to do. Solar panel install, drill holes in the rock so I canfill them with Dexpan to break the rock under thecabinup so I have a nice 24x36 workshop/garage to work in.  ;D

Steve I do have a sprinkler system partly installed. I have 2" high pressure PVC run from the basement into the attic where 2" galvanized pipe that runs through the roof and connects to 1 1/2" agricultural sprinklers that protect 100' radius around the cabin. Stll have to run the pipe down to the lake and hook up the gas powered fire pump.

My cabin is 1/2 mile from an important piece of infrastructure so when there'sa fire near me they put it out in a hurry. That infrastructure is a hydro electric power plant.  ;)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2523 on: Jul 04, 2023, 04:37 AM »

WS

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2524 on: Jul 04, 2023, 04:40 AM »
Same to you Marv and everyone else..

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2525 on: Jul 04, 2023, 04:57 AM »
                                                              HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2526 on: Jul 04, 2023, 05:32 AM »

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #2527 on: Jul 04, 2023, 05:57 AM »
                    :bow: :thumbsup: :clap:   Happy Independence Day!!     :clap: :thumbsup: :bow: 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2528 on: Jul 04, 2023, 06:53 AM »
Happy 4th of July to everyone....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2529 on: Jul 04, 2023, 07:58 AM »
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY to all.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2530 on: Jul 04, 2023, 08:32 AM »
BE CAREFULL OUT THERE TODAY!!! HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!! :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: ;)2 :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2531 on: Jul 04, 2023, 08:44 AM »
Ditto to today’s posts  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: ;D

OS I like the idea, but think I should skip the eat too much part  ;D
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2532 on: Jul 04, 2023, 08:50 AM »
Happy 4th everyone. Hopefully no fires are started today from the fireworks. We have a lot of standing vegetation this year around here so could be a good year for people to burn things down, just hoping the moisture we have gotten will curb it a bit. Just got biscuits and gravy done with some hashbrowns and eggs for breakfast. Frying some fish for a get together around noon today and then back to the house to hang out with the family and mother-in-law for the evening it sounds like. Going to get the target set and shoot a bit here in awhile to check out a couple guns and get some ready for hunting later.  Have a good one.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2533 on: Jul 04, 2023, 01:00 PM »
Sure have been doing battle with the ticks lately.  Little tiny things, don’t remember seeing any last year.  Would think Marv would have a good crop of them ???  Any one else  ???
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2534 on: Jul 04, 2023, 02:03 PM »
Y'all don't blow any fingers off today EH!!  ;D Happy Independence Day.  ;)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2535 on: Jul 04, 2023, 06:15 PM »
Good evening ,May everyone who resides in the U.S. behaving a Happy and Safe Fourth of July. I had some rain overnight not to bad other parts of my county and area lost electric power straight line wind event believed to be the cause of outage. High temperature today in the middle eighties. forecast to reach 90 tomorrow.

Drifter thank you for answering my question about a sprinkler system at your cabin. Also lucky for you to be near a hydroelectric plant so more resources focused on the area when a wildfire occurs Have a good vacation. May you get all of this season's projects completed.
Iceman 260 welcome to the (:45 thread please feel free to post here on a regular basis .

I'm posting now as the evening weather forecast and sky looks better than earlier in the day. Neighboring Town of Cornwall is having a Day long Independence Day celebration started with a pancake breakfast at on of the town's fire companies  different events through out the day ending with fireworks at 9; 30 PM. So will be heading out to watch them. Everyone have a good and safe night. Please be cautious if using fireworks.

Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2536 on: Jul 05, 2023, 04:27 AM »
Morning all,

Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th  :clap:  Hrading to the lake in a couple minutes, will check in later  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2537 on: Jul 05, 2023, 04:50 AM »
Good morning WW! Good morning everyone :bow:

WW...Best of luck on the water :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hope everyone had a good 4th :thumbsup:

We are out the door shack bound. We need to mow the grass and check our camera cards and hopefully dump some more bait.

Hope everyone has a good "HumpDay" :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2538 on: Jul 05, 2023, 04:55 AM »
65* and cloudy.

WW, hope you find those walleyes today.

Drifter, hope you enjoyed your July 1st. Back many years ago I spent a few July 1st in Canada, they do it pretty well "up North".

The wife has a doctor's appointment this morning and she told me to wake her up early, I looked at the clock and thought it said 6:30 so woke her up, IT was 5:30, she won't be late.

Not much planned for today, be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2539 on: Jul 05, 2023, 05:48 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 60* a nd clear here on my hill. ::)
                         Wally........Have a good day on the lake. :thumbsup:
                         Marv.........I hope your trip to "The Shack" and you find some good pictures on your cameras. :clap:
                         H2l...........Better early than late. :whistle:
                         Dave.........Your sprinkler system sounds like it would do a good job, only thing, you have to be there to start it up. :blink:
                         Bud...........I had a tick in me earlier this spring, I haven't had one in years. And I don't see any here on my property. Even the weather cat
                hasn't picked up any. :whistle:
                         Steve.........I hope the power has been restored to those that lost it. :unsure:
                         The weather has been terrible here the last few days. Sunday I did get some wood hacked up an today i think I'll split and stack it. Then cut
                some more. I'm getting close.
                         I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2540 on: Jul 05, 2023, 06:43 AM »
Good morning ER’s. Awaking to the sound of raindrops on the bedroom skylight, so will be dodging the showers that are forecast. For now the temperature setting @ 67*  expected to get up to the lower 80’s.  ;D

WW and anyone else, good luck if you’re wetting lines and fish keep you busy.

Marv has the smoke cleared so you can see the smoky bear ???  ;D  hope the cameras show you lots of activity other than ants marching by.

Best to all

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2541 on: Jul 05, 2023, 07:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  66* with high humidity and dew points, high of 88 expected today.

Wally…best of luck to Team WW today, hope the walleyes are on the chew!   :thumbsup: 
  Marv…safe travels, will be looking forward to the Bear report!  :thumbsup:
  H2…best wishes to your wife with today’s appointment….early is good!  ;D  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…agreed, the weather has sucked lately. Stay hydrated today, going to be a hot and sticky mess later.  :thumbsup:
  Steve…hope you enjoyed the fireworks last evening!   :clap:
  Bud…the ticks have been horrible here in my area of NY for years as well. We have been using Sawyers Permethrin spray on our clothing for years, especially the hunting clothes. It works good but like anything else, still seem to find occasional tag alongs…and it’s not for use on your skin.
  FH4…hopefully no fireworks related issues in your area last evening, how’d the sighting in go?  :thumbsup:   
  Dave…enjoy your cabin time, hope the weather has been decent and you’re making some good progress!  :clap:

Hope everyone had an enjoyable 4th Of July yesterday! We had a few of the kids and grandchildren stop by for a little while yesterday afternoon. Just a small barbecue and a good R & R day…it was too hot and sticky for much of anything else.
  The big fireworks event in Albany was canceled last night due to the rain and thunderstorms that moved in just before dark, that’s going to be tonight. Might make it down for that with my granddaughter…
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2542 on: Jul 05, 2023, 09:26 AM »
Well the wind kicked up just a while after posting yesterday so no shooting, but did get the range out the back door ready for a good time to pull the trigger.  Had a good time with my brother over at his girlfriends mom and dad's place, my father even made it over.  Was a nice time but still a little family drama with my dads girlfriend.  Lots of fireworks going off last night but a nice drizzle was happening making everything wet so did not hear of many fires around us, which is good.  The wife and I watched the new Dungeons and Dragons movie, that was a good watch, and was even on sale through prime so did not even cost as much as a ticket in the theater which was nice to as well.  Well better get back to work, everyone have a good time and hope that the weather gets better, I liked this 4th as the high temp for the day was only 70 here, could get used to a summer like this one.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2543 on: Jul 05, 2023, 05:04 PM »
Hot as heck out there today 🥵

Surface temp 78*, bugs galore

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2544 on: Jul 05, 2023, 09:08 PM »
good evening hot here today with the high temperature near 90 . The fireworks show was nice lasted around a half hour in the area of town park where the fireworks were set off is a veteran's memorial I set my folding chair up at this spot to watch the show. The town of Cornwall have different events all day when I arrived able to hear a local band that was finishing up their performance then the fireworks started. Since I was not in the actual event area can only estimate the crowd size judging by the number of cars at the school where I parked guessing over a thousand people at the event.
Wallyworld congratulations on your catch. If there was no breeze i can imagine it was hot being out in the boat today .
Whopper Stopper may you have the lawn mowed and not be covered in bug bites. I hope when you look at the footage on game camera cards you see some bears visiting the bait piles plus deer activity .
Hunts2long better to be early then have to rush to an appointment. may your wife have gotten a good report from her doctor.
Ice Wanderer since Drifter works in the IT department of a college would not surprise me to find he can use a computer or high tec phone to turn on the cabin's sprinkler system remotely. To my knowledge electric power has been restore to those who lost it on Monday. Keep doing a little firewood processing each day weather permits and eventually you will have finished the wood pile .
IFF may the rain be need by you and not have caused any problems .
Eddie good to were able to spend time with some of your children and grandchildren.  If you went to Albany for the fireworks may traffic not have been to bad getting into and out of area where they show was being held. I'm guessing near the Empire Plazza .
Fish/hunt4ever good to read there was enough moisture from the drizzle to prevent any fireworks caused fires. To bad the wind speed picked up and prevented you from sighting in the riffles .
Icefisher-45 may the two of you be doing well and have had a nice fourth of july.

Anyone ever hear from Tom Turkey i see his name among the list of on-line members at times but seems like he has stopped posting for some reason .

Take care stay safe,keep healthy. best to all with fishing plans .
   Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2545 on: Jul 06, 2023, 05:26 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Fair skies and pretty much a repeat of yesterday’s weather here today…65* with a high of 88.

FH4…summer with a high of 70*, count me in!  ;D 
  Wally…thanks for sharing the picture, congrats on the catching with the tough conditions!  :clap:
  Steve…yes, they have the fireworks right at the Empire State Plaza. Granddaughter spent the day at a water slide park and was wore out on her return, so we passed on the fireworks show last evening. Glad you made it to the Cornwall event and enjoyed the show!  :clap:

Lawn mowing on today’s list as soon as the heavy dew dries off. Garden is doing pretty good all things considered, but having another battle again with slugs and snails getting their share. Tough to tame nature, lol. Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2546 on: Jul 06, 2023, 05:28 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

50 refreshing degrees with a high of 76 expected. Mr.Muggy has packed his bags and left the area :clap: :clap:

WW...Looks like another good day on the water :clap:

IW...Congrats on sticking with the wood project :thumbsup:

Bud...The smoke cleared for a couple days, but pretty sure it will return eventually :cookoo:

Yesterdays shack run was fairly productive. I have two bait stations, although I am only using one to get things started. I did have a couple nice videos of a decent boar that busted into the bait pile, however 17 of the 20 videos I got were real blurry and indistinct. Between the rain and high humidity the camera lenses were all fogged up, causing the videos to look terrible.

When I went back to check the camera by my deer stand I found that camera to be suffering the same fate as the first one. I had 34 blurry videos of what appeared to be deer and one bear. Besides that, evidently the humidity caused all the camera settings to go wacky. The day, time, etc were all back to default settings,pretty disappointing.  Hopefully with the cooler temps and lower humidity the lenses will dry out and the cameras will start working right. The mosquitoes were simply crazy and the ticks were out in full force. I haven't gotten the final tick tally yet ???

My wife got the shack lawn mowed and we made a stop at my sisters on the way home. She had a list of things for me to do, so while the s-i-l and I tackled the list, my wife dug into more insurance paper work and went over paying some bills. I think we spent about 4 hours before we finally got everything done.

Today the girls are heading to a WI lake to go fishing and I have what sounds like a bigger tree job to check out. Tomorrow I promised the girls we would take the old boat out, so some time after mowing the lawn, I have to try and get the vessel caulked up and sea worthy :whistle:

Good morning Eddie!

Hope you all have a good Thursday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2547 on: Jul 06, 2023, 05:34 AM »
67* and clear.

WW, good "hot" day on the water, I thought of you being out there.

The wife's doctor appt. went well, she doesn't have to go back to this one for 6 months.

The wife got a small battery powered chain saw so I can cut back some lilacs so will do that this morning, will let you know how it works out.

Have a good day and stay cool....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2548 on: Jul 06, 2023, 06:14 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 63* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                            H2l..........That's good that your wife had such a good report. :flex: Those little battery chain saws are made for what you want to do. :clap:
                            Marv........I'm glad you had a good day at "The Shack".   :flex:  Kudo for stopping and helping your sister. :thumbsup:
                            Wally........Good job out on the lake yesterday. :flex:
                            Eddie........I hope your grass dries out before it get too hot. :unsure:
                            I'm running late I need to get out before the sun get over the trees.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2549 on: Jul 06, 2023, 06:26 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....glad to hear MrsH2's appointment went well  :clap: 

IW.....hope you can beat the sun  @)

Eddie.....going to be a hot one on the mower  ::)

WS.....happy to hear MrsWS and sister talked you into getting the boat out, good luck tomorrow  :thumbsup:

MrC.....glad you had an enjoyable evening watching the fireworks  :clap:

It's a 3 wheel day today, going to pack a lunch and head to a shady spot by the water somewhere yet to be determined  ;)2

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.