New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827240 times)

Offline greenhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #1470 on: Jan 05, 2014, 04:06 PM »
Well my curse has been lifted...I caught my first keeper eye through the ice and then 20 more after that one...I lost just as many fish and broke off a Huge Pickerel at the hole...I had my limit before 8 o'clock and just experimented and learned until 10 or so...a few of you out there have given me some pointers and today it paid off...thank you! You know who you are...I finally got to experience a hot bite...it was a beautiful morning and there were a ton of shanties covering the horizon...I have always been able to figure out certain ways and certain types of fish but for some reason Eyes through the ice is the biggest fishing challenge I have had...good to be humbled and even better to finally have some success... :) :) 

KP was ready to fight this morning LOL  :o :o ;D ;D...good to see you and Jr again in the parking lot, hope you got into them!
                 Congrats  ,  i  think  i was  fishing in the nursery this moning.

Offline Murph20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1471 on: Jan 05, 2014, 04:09 PM »
Ok guys I have been ice fishing for 25 years and still haven't answered this question, How close is to close? One I am marking this other guys jigs and second I can here him fart. Now I was nice and didn't say anything but really. Its a big damn lake and fish are in certain places but come on.

I knoW hoW you feel.. Im glad the Weekend is over..it  Was a mad house at constantia today..Drilled a hole at my spot and it seemed like i Was being circled by 20-30 sleds/Wheelers.. TWo guys set up 15 feet behind me. Ready for peace and quiet this Week..

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #1472 on: Jan 05, 2014, 04:17 PM »
good to hear Scott................. way to go man. hats off for the effort and the persistence :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: ;)

"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1473 on: Jan 05, 2014, 04:21 PM »
 im going to say 50 yrds is the minimum distance  if ur not fishing in one of the big groups like chapman, lp, big bay hate when strangers crowd me.... didnt go out today  but chapman looked like a mad house .

Offline bigbay crappie buster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1474 on: Jan 05, 2014, 04:25 PM »
I usually don't say anything about perch but when you catch monsters like this they have to be talked about in bigbay ,,,,,,,,,,
fill your buckets with quality not quantity and enjoy the conversations over heard of how good a fisherman you are................... ....

Offline bigbay crappie buster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1475 on: Jan 05, 2014, 04:26 PM »
two monsters from bigbay
fill your buckets with quality not quantity and enjoy the conversations over heard of how good a fisherman you are................... ....

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1476 on: Jan 05, 2014, 04:35 PM »
Well my curse has been lifted...I caught my first keeper eye through the ice and then 20 more after that one...I lost just as many fish and broke off a Huge Pickerel at the hole...I had my limit before 8 o'clock and just experimented and learned until 10 or so...a few of you out there have given me some pointers and today it paid off...thank you! You know who you are...I finally got to experience a hot bite...it was a beautiful morning and there were a ton of shanties covering the horizon...I have always been able to figure out certain ways and certain types of fish but for some reason Eyes through the ice is the biggest fishing challenge I have had...good to be humbled and even better to finally have some success... :) :) 

KP was ready to fight this morning LOL  :o :o ;D ;D...good to see you and Jr again in the parking lot, hope you got into them!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Racer268

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1477 on: Jan 05, 2014, 04:40 PM »
Had a great day on the south shore.  The wheeler handled the fluffy snow just fine.  We landed on a hot spot and all 5 of us limited by 8:30.  It wasn't a blitz, had to work the fish.  Got to try some tips that were shared with me by our members.  Thanks. 

Fun Day.  Back next weekend.  3 more years and I can go every day!!!!!!!!!! 

Offline minettoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1478 on: Jan 05, 2014, 04:48 PM »
Fished out of Constania today...No bite to speak of early. Moved east to 24". Iced one nice 16" eye, lost one at the hole and jigged up 12 jumbo's. Bite started around 10 am and lasted for an hour. Talked to some other folks who had a hot walleye bite. Left at noon. Great day to be on the ice. Gutbucket50 and his 2 sons limited out on walleyes this morning. Great job and get that snow machine fixed
When I go fishing I like to know that there's nobody within five miles of me.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #1479 on: Jan 05, 2014, 04:51 PM »
Fished out of Constania today...No bite to speak of early. Moved east to 24". Iced one nice 16" eye, lost one at the hole and jigged up 12 jumbo's. Bite started around 10 am and lasted for an hour. Talked to some other folks who had a hot walleye bite. Left at noon. Great day to be on the ice. Gutbucket50 and his 2 sons limited out on walleyes this morning. Great job and get that snow machine fixed
nice ;)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline Toxic fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Www.teambrotherdads.com
« Reply #1480 on: Jan 05, 2014, 04:54 PM »
I see no one gonna touch that one :nono: :nono: :nono: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • U.S. Navy Senior Chief Retired
« Reply #1481 on: Jan 05, 2014, 04:56 PM »
Thanks guys, I'm not gonna lie the first couple I was shaking like Crazy...I had a little buck fever going on...once the pressure was off things went well...LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D

“Never apologize mister, it’s a sign of weakness.”  John Wayne

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1482 on: Jan 05, 2014, 04:57 PM »

Congrats Scott! Today was your day bud.  ;D

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1483 on: Jan 05, 2014, 04:59 PM »
Congrats Scott! Today was your day bud.  ;D

All but 2 fish were on the Reeleyz lure...no bait...  ;D

Offline paul23

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • AKA Bauls25 on mff
« Reply #1484 on: Jan 05, 2014, 05:00 PM »
Everyones eating like kings this week.  Great catches and reports.

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1485 on: Jan 05, 2014, 05:03 PM »
Thanks guys, I'm not gonna lie the first couple I was shaking like Crazy...I had a little buck fever going on...once the pressure was off things went well...LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D

WTG hunty .... Getting that head up the hole is always a pucker moment .....
  ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1486 on: Jan 05, 2014, 05:07 PM »
WTG hunty .... Getting that head up the hole is always a pucker moment .....
;D

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1487 on: Jan 05, 2014, 05:09 PM »

That is awesome!!! That is what it's all about.

Offline hammerin hank

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1488 on: Jan 05, 2014, 05:11 PM »
had an amazing day on north shore limited out in 20 min

Offline reelcrazy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1489 on: Jan 05, 2014, 05:20 PM »
I have a question for the diehards.  I am still trying to figure out the walleyes through the ice.  I was on a hole and caught 3 shorts (12-13"). After an hour I decided to leave the hole to try to find bigger fish (with no luck).  What do think?  If you are catching all shorts, do you leave?

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #1490 on: Jan 05, 2014, 05:22 PM »
  After hearing all the stories yesterday I called Fred I said we got to get fishin, hes been working and I been sick, so we loaded up and headed out... My friends yesterday were on a hot school, instead of movin in on there bite we jumped on an area near bye that looked like it would be suitable for some action, and man was it....  In the first 2 hours and 5 minutes, me and fred iced 61 keeper eyes, it was silly, just an all out blitz,  who knows how many missed bites, dumped  fish and a few shorts thrown in, it was just nuts... at 915 am we had enough and packed up and went on a perch hunt the rest of the day, I can't even imagine how many eyes a man could of gotten if he had stayed parked on those fish..Throughout the day we managed some perch, but not a lot, probably iced another 2 dozen keeper eyes and who knows how many shorts lookin for perch, what a day Fred, had a blast bro.... I videoed 80% of this mornings action in my shanty, got hours of film to sort threw, then hopefully I can edit and condense it somehow to a video form on the internet.... "Blitz" vid is coming.... 

Sunrise with my junky camera

ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #1491 on: Jan 05, 2014, 05:24 PM »

I went across the Mason Dixon line, didn't get out till 11, was waiting to hear from a buddy..... Never did, miscommunication  :( Anyway I just missed the hot bite, the guys I met had a heck of a morning, then they shut off like a light switch. I got 4 perch right off the bat, then got rejected so many times I'm going to need therapy :wacko: At 3 they started up again as the front came thru, did 4 more perch, 2 keeper eyes, 4 shorts, 2 pin pike and my screen was full from 32 feet to 20 when I turned it off, eyes were fighting over the jig, would have been an epic bite, but I was 1.3 miles out and chose a ride in..... Hope the top firms up I walked halfway out before my ride came in for me, It sucked even with a smitty.

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1492 on: Jan 05, 2014, 05:26 PM »
Bout time you two caught a few  ;D
  ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline Cterp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1493 on: Jan 05, 2014, 05:26 PM »
Congrats Hunt on shakin that funk......It's all eyes from here   ;)

I knoW hoW you feel.. Im glad the Weekend is over..it  Was a mad house at constantia today..Drilled a hole at my spot and it seemed like i Was being circled by 20-30 sleds/Wheelers.. TWo guys set up 15 feet behind me. Ready for peace and quiet this Week..

Murph hit the nail on the head! Figured I'd take a break from LP and cross the "Mason-Dixon Line" to look for some perch.
Even though it was crazy, I got away from the masses, iced 16 keeper Eyes and kept 3 for dinner...... totally different bite today......seriously aggressive eyes!

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #1494 on: Jan 05, 2014, 05:28 PM »
Bout time you two caught a few  ;D
Ya, long over due.... It was hard to leave, the freezing rain and wind made my mind up for me.

Offline jakep138

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1495 on: Jan 05, 2014, 05:32 PM »
Nice haul fillet and snagger can't wait to see video !!

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1496 on: Jan 05, 2014, 05:37 PM »
Nice haul fillet and snagger can't wait to see video !!
x2   

Offline mush69

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1497 on: Jan 05, 2014, 05:44 PM »
Well finally made it to Chapman today and there was a lot of people out there, Fish2163 ad I set up and checked a few holes we drilled.  Stuck to the first one because we had a mark and landed 5 keeper Perch, not real huge but a nice meal.  Never got into the Eyes and I'm still searching for that day.  The haul out wasn't bad and we would have done more roaming but I forgot my Bibs (DUH!).  Definitely we will need a sled in order to really search this body of water, my hip started to act up on the way in and its been throbbing all night.

Overall it was a good experience and we will be back up from the South to do it again.  Thanks Cterp for the info and hopefully one of these days I can thank You in person.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1498 on: Jan 05, 2014, 05:50 PM »
it was unreal every drop it was a strike , just insane , snag tossed a nice 23" back , then is was hunt for stripers got a few , in 1 of my perch spots whipped 4 then the eyes came and ended that , next spot the same ended up with 7,with 6 being  jumbos , great day , and KP thanks for the tip on the sled , but there is some blood spatter , looked like crime scene  , not much room under the cover for paws  , can't wait to see the video 

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1499 on: Jan 05, 2014, 05:51 PM »
Had a great day on the Southeast corner of the lake today with a few buddies...the Eyes were absolutely on a tear :icefish:
I Left at 12:30 with 31 Eyes landed and an all time high of 21 Whiteys...just plain sick bite :woot:

Great job to all that had success...

AW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.