The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Arthur chat  (Read 175656 times)

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
Re: Lake Arthur chat
« Reply #120 on: Jan 13, 2009, 10:23 AM »
Looks like this Saturday is a good day to be on the lake.  Hope the fish cooperate.....lol   Anyone else going??????
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #121 on: Jan 13, 2009, 12:22 PM »
LOL I was SOOO close to parking my truck in your spot last Sat. it was not even funny, now it is. 

Tim I am off the 19th I may be out with my son, let me knwo whats up.  I have to get my heater fixed he gets cold fast.   

I was only out once this year so my locations are not locked on yet, my time is limited these days.

Snapper

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #122 on: Jan 13, 2009, 12:32 PM »
Snapper if your taking your Son don't let a heater stop you. I will let you borrow mine. Keep me posted on your plans and that goes for anyone else fishing Muddy Creek Saturday.
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #123 on: Jan 13, 2009, 07:28 PM »
Snapper if your taking your Son don't let a heater stop you. I will let you borrow mine. Keep me posted on your plans and that goes for anyone else fishing Muddy Creek Saturday.
good news the hoses came out today need to go back to work though, i hope to see you out there saturday i like snappers idea a short sled ride and viola' into the fish   lol    mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #124 on: Jan 14, 2009, 08:11 AM »
will be out this saterday and monday back in muddy creek, its going to be a cold one for sure, hope to see some of you guys out there, those who know who i am will most likely know where i will be fishing. hopefully the fish will be hitting hard! hope to see some of you guys out there

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #125 on: Jan 14, 2009, 08:34 AM »
Will be there Saturday. If ya smell Bacon.....you found Glowjig.   If you smell Keilbasi...you found me...LOL   Hopefully I will see IS memebers I haven' seen since last ice season.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #126 on: Jan 14, 2009, 08:41 AM »
Will be there Saturday. If ya smell Bacon.....you found Glowjig.   If you smell Keilbasi...you found me...LOL   Hopefully I will see IS memebers I haven' seen since last ice season.
i wonder if the slush tightened up cant drag my stuff rocky style might have to stay on the porch  soft mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline mluther

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #127 on: Jan 14, 2009, 09:03 AM »
I'll be in MC Firday night, Saturday and Sunday with RW. Hoe pto be slammin like everyoe else. Hope to meet some more IS memebers this year. Met Snapper last year, are you bringing Peanut this weekend?

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #128 on: Jan 14, 2009, 10:47 AM »
In case anyone cares.....I'll be in a comfort zone black shanty. Kinda slopes in the front and is black 2 man. Stop by if ya see me...always kewl to put a face to a name.

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #129 on: Jan 14, 2009, 03:25 PM »
Pajns, we always care about you.  I appreciate the offer but if I do not have my heater up and running I could not take yours with cold temps like that you would be a popsicle.

Mo last night it was VERY slushy but by the weekend you should be good to go.

J, if we do not fish I may bring my son by and shoot the bull a bit if you do not mind, that way we can leave when he gets could without having to drag everything out and set up for a very short time.     

As for Peanut I do not think so the last time she stole a sandwich and I thought I was getting into a fight, we are currently not speaking right now.  Yesterday morning I went to let her out and she tinkled on my bare foot!  This morning I was in a T-shirt, boxers, and socks I went to let her out she took off before I could hook her up.  I got mad slammed the door and went to go after he when I relived what I had on and then I thought to myself wow the door is locked.  It was a whopping 6 degrees out at that time my neighbor was snow blowing his drive way he for some reason gave me a weird look.         

I am off Sat, Sun, and Mon I’m not sure yet what I will be doing. 

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #130 on: Jan 15, 2009, 09:12 AM »
will be out this saterday and monday back in muddy creek, its going to be a cold one for sure, hope to see some of you guys out there, those who know who i am will most likely know where i will be fishing. hopefully the fish will be hitting hard! hope to see some of you guys out there
sorry jay your spot is the hot spot no reservations lol lake is down 2 to 3 foot the crappie sticks are real shallow heard someone pulled a 9lb pike along the tracks no one was at the maples 1 guy jiggin the second lot in 5 to 7 fow he was the last guy out in mc drivin an envoy i'm gettin old if aint easy it aint fun bow wow  olddawg mo

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #131 on: Jan 15, 2009, 09:45 AM »
sorry jay your spot is the hot spot no reservations lol lake is down 2 to 3 foot the crappie sticks are real shallow heard someone pulled a 9lb pike along the tracks no one was at the maples 1 guy jiggin the second lot in 5 to 7 fow he was the last guy out in mc drivin an envoy i'm gettin old if aint easy it aint fun bow wow  olddawg mo

no problem mo, looks like ill have to be first come first served then, snapper sounds good. Ill let you know for sure saterday night if we will be heading out monday but im sure we will. Feel free to bring the little guy out for a while, will have the shanty up and the heater going and both of you are welcome to share it with us.

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #132 on: Jan 15, 2009, 09:50 AM »
Jay is that YOUR spot we put the big RED 'X" on the ice???   Oppppss....sorry....LO L     

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #133 on: Jan 15, 2009, 09:52 AM »
Jay is that YOUR spot we put the big RED 'X" on the ice???   Oppppss....sorry....LO L     
cats otta the bag oooops lol follow the yellow snow road we aint in kansas anymore there peanuts   lol   mo

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #134 on: Jan 15, 2009, 10:19 AM »
Better get to Vans this afternoon and load up the ole bait bucket. Also better get the propane filled cause it might just be a lil chilly.

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #135 on: Jan 15, 2009, 10:22 AM »
yup just a little chily is all, not too bad. Mo did you see anyone out in shannons yet? the ice has to be safe out there after this cold snap

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #136 on: Jan 15, 2009, 10:49 AM »
yup just a little chily is all, not too bad. Mo did you see anyone out in shannons yet? the ice has to be safe out there after this cold snap
2 guys out past the bells they went in  the church way snapper said the back too weedy the ice is crappie lol  4 guys fishin in front of church didnt see anyone else  mo

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #137 on: Jan 15, 2009, 12:03 PM »
After today I would think the back of the bay would be good to go.  I'm not sure what the raod would be like but if you had 4-wheel drive you will be good to go.   

Offline TIME2FISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #138 on: Jan 15, 2009, 10:00 PM »
Any reports on the McDanels launch area?

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." - Mark Twain

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #139 on: Jan 16, 2009, 12:31 PM »
Does anyone know if the bait shop on 422 before 528 exit still opens at 7am??   Thanks.....John

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #140 on: Jan 16, 2009, 01:03 PM »
The red one it is closed for the season, hit O’Donnell’s on 19 right off of 422 or Van’s sporting goods in Butler for the best bait at the best price.   

Offline feasanthunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #141 on: Jan 16, 2009, 06:57 PM »
Is carlson's open at 6 AM?
are you gonna pull those pistols, or whistle "Dixie"?

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #142 on: Jan 17, 2009, 06:43 PM »
how did the iceshanty outing turn out , was still recovering missed the photo shoot did anyone see the newbie in the jeep hope he made it ok did the slush go away,thankx   moooo

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #143 on: Jan 17, 2009, 07:33 PM »
where was the ice shanty outing?? couldnt tell who was who out there, where you guys in muddy creek?

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #144 on: Jan 17, 2009, 10:18 PM »
Didn't make it out myself. Going to try and make it tommorrow depending on how much snow we get.

Offline crouz31

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #145 on: Jan 17, 2009, 10:41 PM »
Hello,

I am new to this site and I started ice fishing Arthur last year with a buddy of mine...This is only our second year fishing through the ice.  We will be coming up next Sunday, now that it seems the ice is good.  I wanted to thank you guys who live close to the lake for posting the ice conditions on here, for us folks who do not live close by.  We did not do so good our first year, but we are hoping for better results this year.  See you on the lake. 

Thanks Again   
I am GOING FISHING, I'll be back at Dark-Thirty

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #146 on: Jan 17, 2009, 10:44 PM »
Welcome Crouz.........Lotta info on the Lake Arthur threads.  When your on the lake around people mention this site and I'll bet you'll find alot of members.  What part of the lake you fish??  Might just see ya there next Sunday. Good luck and welcome to the Forum.......John

Offline crouz31

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #147 on: Jan 17, 2009, 11:17 PM »
We only fished Muddy Creek.  We spoke to the guy at App. Trail and that was the spot her recomended to us and each time we were there, we had a lot of company, so we assumed that was the place to be.  I have spoken to several people since then, while out fishing and they had informed me of a few other spots to check out.  We will be at Muddy Creek next Sunday.  I would like to fish that lake in the summer to get a feel for the layout in different places, but do to PA's wonderful HP reg.'s I spend most of my time fishing in Oh & WV via boat in the summer and floating in the Yough on my canoe.  I live 2 Min. from the Yough near Little Boston, PA...so that is my home fishing waters.

Last year we went 1st trip bare bones, with only 2 jig rods (which we bought on the way to the lake) and had to ask for someone to drill a hole for us, which they kindly did.  Over last year and the summer we put together a basic set up of auger, tip ups, jig poles, sled and some ice tackle.  So, with some better prep and a little experience from last year, hopefully we do better this year and years to come. 

Crouz 
I am GOING FISHING, I'll be back at Dark-Thirty

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #148 on: Jan 17, 2009, 11:28 PM »
That is where I fish the most. I also fish Shannon but have more luck at MC. Maybe see ya there next week.

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #149 on: Jan 18, 2009, 03:56 PM »
Got to second launch at Muddy Creek close to noon. No where to park. Went to church on 528...no where to park. Moral of the story..get there early....lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.