The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: catch and release fishing makes it harder for fish to eat  (Read 4661 times)

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
Re: catch and release fishing makes it harder for fish to eat
« Reply #60 on: Dec 30, 2018, 01:18 PM »
If it were a real scientific study, it would have been submitted for peer review to an organization like https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/.

As Wenger pointed out and I recognized when I search the author, the author' post history are drama/watchout stories for the weak minded to stew and dwell over while having little to no valid credibility.

I suggest eat some bacon (from little piggies), scramble up some embryos (fetus hens) in butter (from cow's milk), then eat fish sticks for dinner.  It will take the worry away for the meek, that a fish may have had it's lips stretched by a fisherman who finds pleasure/enjoyment in catch and release.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline Wenger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Dec 31, 2018, 05:52 PM »
If it were a real scientific study, it would have been submitted for peer review to an organization like https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/.

As Wenger pointed out and I recognized when I search the author, the author' post history are drama/watchout stories for the weak minded to stew and dwell over while having little to no valid credibility.

I suggest eat some bacon (from little piggies), scramble up some embryos (fetus hens) in butter (from cow's milk), then eat fish sticks for dinner.  It will take the worry away for the meek, that a fish may have had it's lips stretched by a fisherman who finds pleasure/enjoyment in catch and release.

The Belgian dude who was listed actually has this online.

"I worked as a postdoctoral fellow of the fund for scientific research Flanders-Belgium (FWO-Vl) from 2006 until September 2012 at the Laboratory for Functional Morphology at the University of Antwerp and then until september 2015 as a post-doctoral assistent at Ghent University in the laboratory of Evolutionary Morphology of Vertebrates, where the evolution of form and function in vertebrate musculo-skeletal systems is studied.  From July 2016 I work as a post-doc in the FUNEVOL research group at the Muséum National D'Histoire Naturelle, and from Oktober 2017 also part-time at the Funmorph lab in Antwerp.  My research at the MNHN maily focuses on the biomechanics of the feeding apparatus in fishes.  I am particularly intrigued by the large diversity in cranial morphology in this group of animals.  The most common strategy for fish to capture prey is by generating suction.  They do this by rapidly increasing the volume of the mouth cavity, thereby drawing water and prey towards, and into the mouth.  Although many fish species share this strategy to capture prey, evolution has resulted in a tremendous variation in the size, shape, and mechanical properties of the individual elements composing the complex heads of suction feeding fish.  Understanding why we see such large morphological diversity in the feeding systems of suction feeders, despite that they are all subject to the same physical laws, is the overall goal of my research. My current research at the Univeristy of Antwerp is framed within an interdisciplinary project on the development of locomotion in newborn piglets. For this project, I coordinate the usage of biplanar high-speed x-ray videos: the 3D2YMOX system."

Speaking of bacon and piglets...having raised pigs, they locomote by walking about two minutes after they are born. :o

And different fish species eat different foods thus have evolved different features.  Oh my....???

These guys have quite the funding scam going.

Offline slickice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Dec 31, 2018, 06:11 PM »
Sounds like this Belgian guy lives in an academic bubble and makes his dough off of people within that bubble.  A legend in his own mind.  Like the author McKay says about folks who claim to be experts, "Beware of the naked man who tries to sell you his shirt". . .  or in this case, "stinky underwear".  Thanks for the update Wenger.

oldschoolben

« Reply #63 on: Dec 31, 2018, 09:20 PM »
What would you like chartreuseall the way, should we keep every fish we catch ? Just trying to figure out your  thinking,  if what you posted was the truth then we wouldn't have one single fish left, just sounds like a bunch of bs to me, every one is entitled to there own opinions and my opinion is catch and release is the only way our fishries can sustain itself,  I keep enough fish for dinner , and release everything else

Offline G fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wish i was a fishing(Too slim n the traildragers)
« Reply #64 on: Jan 01, 2019, 03:06 AM »
With all that has been said.  Do we really need to push the chain up hill any further? If I could pee alll the colors of the rainbow I would do flips. We are all sportsman’ s  and got to where we are by forefathers. Show some respect for each other and bite your tongue n go fishing this is what this site is for.
Team Ripp'n lips.
"Drink a little"
"Save a little"
"There will always be a Little".

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Jan 01, 2019, 02:07 PM »
yep....

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Jan 01, 2019, 02:52 PM »
this thread sucks...a couple people threw so homo phobic responses...we all know that the science was bogus...but when responses show such disrespect for others opinions..what a joke..please mod..kill this thread....

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #67 on: Jan 01, 2019, 06:45 PM »
Hey everybody! Jiffy Pop's ready...

Please, carry on  >:D
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Jan 01, 2019, 07:06 PM »
I agree snitch...just cause you wanna wear your aunt's underwear that you scored from the dryer at thanksgiving...if it makes you feel sexy...go for it....still butt hurtin from that mich/fla game...hear that...harbaugh has been a gaping anus wound for many....

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #69 on: Jan 01, 2019, 07:53 PM »
I agree snitch...just cause you wanna wear your aunt's underwear that you scored from the dryer at thanksgiving...if it makes you feel sexy...go for it....still butt hurtin from that mich/fla game...hear that...harbaugh has been a gaping anus wound for many....

Had to Google "g*ping an*s".  I thought it was going to be some kind of fish species that Harbaugh fishes for, but nope.
wish you many hook-ups

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.