Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1644458 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #28470 on: Aug 03, 2022, 06:17 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Wally, ER's,
                             It's 59* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                             Wally....... Good luck out on the lake today, hopefully the grass is gone. :unsure:
                             Eddie........I know the feeling, I'm sore as well from my weekend job and firewood. :%$#!:
                             H2l...........Safe travels to NYC and back. :thumbsup:
                             Marv.........R&R is a good cure from anything that ails you. :flex:
                             Fish..........I guess thats good news on the new boat. :unsure:
                             I-45..........Better luck on your next fishing  trip. :whistle:
                             Steve........Here gas is $4.55 and in Glens Falls it is $4.51. What I don't get back a month or so ago the gas in Glens Falls and here was the same.
                  now there is a differential......Why??????? ???
                             Yesterday morning I got up at 5am and went out and stacked firewood till breakfast then went back out to split some more. The same thing this morning.
                  I want to get a jump on it before the heat set in. It's getting too much for me anymore. My wife said, "I geuess we're not going out on the boat anytime soon."
                  Not trying to be a smart ass I said " Don't you want to be warm this winter" end of conservation.
                             I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28471 on: Aug 03, 2022, 06:28 AM »
59* and clear.

The trip and the check went well. She was in and out in less than 2 1/2 hours. Traffic was a little heavy on the way back. I got some $4.03 a gallon gas in NJ.

WW, hope the wind did it's thing yesterday. I know it was windy here when we got home in the PM.

IW, my brother and nephew along with 2 "young" helpers split a loan and a half the other day. My nephew got a splitter that will split a block into 6 pieces.

One of the wifes cousin and her husband are in the Lake George area so we are meeting them for lunch today.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28472 on: Aug 03, 2022, 06:47 AM »
73° and sunny. Supposed to be 90 with a chance of tstorms later in the day.

Well, the clutch on the bike gave up the ghost yesterday. It had started getting a little slippy a few days back, so I had ordered new discs and springs. Still waiting on those, and a pin socket to get the basket off, but I took it down to that point yesterday evening. Fiber rings are shot, and the springs were really weak. I can compress them with my fingers.

h2l - glad the trip went smoothly. Gas was down under $4 here a couple days ago, but it's back up to $4.10-4.15 today 😒

IW - good plan. Plus if you get it knocked out now, that leaves more time free for boating in Sept/Oct when the temps are nice and pleasant.

45 - hope you catch a bunch  :thumbsup:

ww - good luck.

masoneddie - can't catch em from the couch, no matter how comfy it is  :roflmao: I haven't been in the boat that much this summer, either. The weather and my back have conspired against me a lot of days when I have free time.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28473 on: Aug 03, 2022, 08:43 AM »
Well supposed to be around 90 again here today, no fires right close to us this summer so far a couple up north of us and one to the east, one fire was about 1 hour south of us in a spot that I try to draw a special elk tag every year, all I seen from it was improved habitat.  The people managing our lands suck about it around here, the suppress any real fire that would do good to burn out the old sage brush that is 6 feet tall and chokes out any grass or the old lodge pole pines that do the same thing.  They really need to get the logging done again to open some area up to let the grass and aspen trees grow again, back in the 60's to the 80's when you had the clear cuts that is where all the game came out to eat and was really good hunting, just before my time, then the tree huggers came in and think they are doing a better job at managing the ground but it is getting where nothing can walk through with all the blow down and thick growth that when a fire does start there might not be any stopping it in some areas, at least the clear cuts had roads where you could get in to fight a fire and made natural fire breaks, oh and do not get me started on the forest service closing marked roads and making so we cannot use our resources.  Sorry about the rant can see my passion.  Well better get back to work since my coworker is off hiking into the Teton's.  Have a great hump day everyone.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28474 on: Aug 03, 2022, 06:05 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, 85* here and humid. Blood work went without a hitch. Took Mr Dickens with me. He was at the door wanting to go. It was a quick trip so we were home before it got really hot. I was happy my rear window was ok when I came out of the hospital. Woman found it offensive.

Fish, I can understand your rant. The tree huggers don’t get it as far as what needs to be done responsibly. They think logging is bad but mining for batteries is better for the earth over drilling.

Zcm, How long do you have to wait for the parts for your motorcycle?

Hunts2long, Thats good your wife’s check up went well and quick. Hope you had a good lunch with your wife’s cousin and her husband.

Ice Wanderer, Hopefully you and your wife get out on the boat soon.

I hope everyone had a good day and stayed cool.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28475 on: Aug 03, 2022, 06:08 PM »
My parts arrived today. I'm just waiting on the pin wrench to be able to get the basket off now.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #28476 on: Aug 03, 2022, 06:15 PM »
I-45, what in hell did she find offensive about that???? Just because she's a horse's @$$ in no reason!!! :thumbsup: :flex: ;)2 :clap: :roflmao: :cookoo:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28477 on: Aug 03, 2022, 07:08 PM »
I-45, what in hell did she find offensive about that???? Just because she's a horse's @$$ in no reason!!! :thumbsup: :flex: ;)2 :clap: :roflmao: :cookoo:

She didn’t like my comment to her that if she doesn’t like the flag here she should go to another country where she might like their flag.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28478 on: Aug 04, 2022, 04:14 AM »
65* and heading to HOT.
Going out for a few hours this morning.
Lunch was good, nice to see her cousin, we will be seeing her again a week from Sat at the reunion.
Have a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #28479 on: Aug 04, 2022, 04:59 AM »

Good morning H2l, ER's,
                        It's 65* and clear here on  my hill. A hot one today. ::)
                        H2l...........I hope you have a good day out on the lake. :thumbsup:
                        I-45..........I like your back window, you are right to tell her go to another country if she doesn't like our Flag. :clap: :bow:
                        Wally.........I'll be checking in later to see how you did yesterday. :whistle:
                        OS............You and I come from the same breed. :flex:
                        Zcm..........I'm glad your parts came in, they came faster than your muffler parts did. :thumbsup:
                        Eddie........Try and stay cool today, the guessers are saying 98* down by you, will be a record. :o
                        Marv.........I hope you're taking it easy over there. :unsure:
                        Yesterday I got all of the wood that was split stacked in my shed. I have some big pieces that I can't lift to split. That means I have to stand my
              splitter up and roll the pieces in to split to a manageable size. Then I'm going to cut some more logs until the sun gets to where I'm working.
                        I hope everyone has a good Thursday eitherat work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy. Also stay Hydrated

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28480 on: Aug 04, 2022, 05:12 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Just a quick " Hello" Before heading deep into "Packers" Territory.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week :thumbsup:

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28481 on: Aug 04, 2022, 05:34 AM »
Good morning ERs

Getting an early start to head out with the boat and do some more scouting

Marv hope you’re trip into gods country is a productive one

Filled up on gas @ $3.35. Thanks Biden  ;) ;)

45 what flag are you talking about ?

Got some local smoked bacon to try this morning before heading out
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #28482 on: Aug 04, 2022, 05:58 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Nice cool start to the day before the broiler turns on, lol…65* at the moment, high in the mid to upper 90’s here today.

Marv…have a safe trip!   :thumbsup: 
  Jeff…sounds like you’re making good progress on the wood pile, have a safe day with the saws and stay hydrated Sir!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  H2…hope the walleyes are on the chew this morning, best of luck out there!   :thumbsup:
  I-45…Glad your blood work went well, although I bet your blood pressure was spiked after that woman’s comment!  ;D
Excellent response, some people just don’t know when to keep their mouths shut!   :clap:
  OS…x2, think a bunch of us here are in agreement, lol.   :flex: :clap:  How’s your garden doing?
  Z…glad your parts showed up so quickly, hope the wrench is soon to follow so you can get that clutch back together! You’re very fortunate to be skilled in many ways to do your own work…admirable and saves a lot of $$!!  :clap:
  FH4…glad to read no wildfires close by your homestead, awesome!  :clap:  Those tree huggers are a special group of people for sure…will leave it right there, lol.   :woot: :cookoo:
  Wally…hope you had a great trip yesterday, will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:

Dropped off 2 quarts of refrigerator pickles to one of the old crew members to share with the old crew yesterday. Right around 9am, phone messages started popping, lol, the boys were quite pleased with the pickles!    :thumbsup:
  Heading out to give the garden a good drink before the heat kicks in…might see a record high here today.
  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Morning Bud…good luck with the fishing!   :thumbsup:  Your gas is over a buck cheaper than here if that makes you feel any better!   ;D

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28483 on: Aug 04, 2022, 06:34 AM »
masoneddie - I'm not a mechanic, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one time  ;D

IW - now with my luck the wrench will take weeks to show up  ::) It's supposed to be here today or tomorrow, but you never know with shipping these days.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28484 on: Aug 04, 2022, 06:35 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......wish our gas was $3.55, $4.61 here in town  >:(  good luck on the water  ;)

H2L.....glad lunch was good, good luck on the water  ;)

Eddie....nice work gifting the pickles  :bow: my sprinkler is going as I type  @)

WS......safe travels, enjoy your weekend  :thumbsup:

IW......you'll be ready for a long vacation when the logs are finished  :flex:

IF45.....good response  :clap:

Z.....hope the repair job goes smoothly  :)

FH4.....tree huggers  ::) nuff said   :whistle:

Boated 12 eyes yesterday  :thumbsup:  Unfortunately only 3 were legal  :(

got pretty steamy by 11   :pinch:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28485 on: Aug 04, 2022, 07:37 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 71 here and humid. Supposed to be in the high 90s today. Not much on the agenda today. I hope everyone stays cool and hydrated.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28486 on: Aug 04, 2022, 12:01 PM »
HOT! The bite not so much. Boated 4 walleyes and 4 bass, 1 perch. The best fish of the day I loss at the boat. Not much wind and when it died off the fish stopped hitting.

My Brother and nephew were out and took this picture...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #28487 on: Aug 04, 2022, 08:58 PM »
 Good evening in the upper seventies outside currently down from a high near 95 earlier this afternoon. Testing on waste water samples from June and July found traces of polio in samples from two waste water facilities in my county. So far no confirmed case of polio ,county health department advising people to get vaccinated or complete the vaccine cycle of 3 shots spread over 7 months. I have to keep an eye on this and see if they suggest those of us who were vaccinated over fifty years ago get the shots again to build up new resistance in our bodies. The young runner I posted about earlier this week may currently be running in the finals of the 3,000 meter steeplechase as the race was scheduled for this evening will check tomorrow for any news stories. Her fathers accompanied her and the U.S. junior team to Columbia and has been the one passing her results onto local media.
 Hunts2long nice that you could get a few hours of fishing in this morning and caught a mixed bag of fish during your time on the water.Glad you had a nice lunch with your wife's cousin. Safe travels to the reunion this Saturday.
Ice Wanderer gas pricing is crazy to figure out there are two Sunoco stations in my town around a quarter mile from each other currently a 4 cents per gallon difference in price between the two stations. May you have the majority of fire wood cut to length and split. depending on your plans for later this Summer and Fall hopefully you can get your wife out in the pontoon boat and keep her happy.
Whopper Stopper may you have a good and safe trip to Wisconsin.
Icefisher-45 good to read all is good with your blood work. Sorry to hear about your run-in with the lady upset over the rear window covering on your Jeep.
Fish/hunt4ever good to hear no wild/forest fires close to you may they get the fires in your state under control. A balance of well managed logging and letting Nature run it's course is best way to manage our countries forever wild lands in my opinion. It seems with many of the wild fires built up blow down timber and dead underbrush increase the intensity of the fire and hamper efforts to control the fire's spread.
Zcm-82 good to read you have the parts to repair the motorcycle clutch. May the tool needed to do the job have arrived at your home today.
FF may your river scouting have yielded you some fish.
Eddie nice gesture by you to provide some refrigerator pickles for your former work crew. I hope your body has recovered from the big job you helped out on for your friend.
Wallyworld glad you had better water conditions and caught a fair amount of walleyes yesterday. Hopefully more legal size walleyes are among the catch next time you head out fishing.

Take care,keep safe. Do your best to stay cool and hydrated if dealing with high temperatures and humidity.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #28488 on: Aug 05, 2022, 05:07 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 69* with a humidity of 83%, dang muggy. ::)
                           H2l.........Glad you got out and landed some fish. :thumbsup: Nice picture. :clap: That's what I need some young helpers. :whistle:
                           Steve.....I haven't heard to much about Polio but this Monkeypox is taking the news especially down in NYC. :o
                           Marv......Have a nice time in Packer country. :flex:
                           Fish.......I hope no fires get close to your homestead. :blink:
                           Zcm...... I hope the tool you need came in. :unsure:
                           Wally......Good job on the fishing. :clap:
                           Eddie.....I bet those pickles helped the guys get through the hot day. Good gesture. :thumbsup: :bow:
                           Bud.......I hope the river you scouting panned out and you'll have a regular place to fish. :flex:
                           I-45......Glad that your bloodwork came back with good results. :thumbsup:
                           I'm about half done with the wood pile. Back at it this morning if the rain holds off.
                           I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #28489 on: Aug 05, 2022, 05:14 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Partly cloudy skies and 67*, high of 88 forecasted for today with thunderstorms expected this afternoon again.  Believe the Albany area hit a new record high yesterday of 99*. My weather app said we topped out at 96 here on the Hill before the thunderstorms rolled through.

Steve..will be looking forward to any updates on the young woman, best of luck to her!   :clap:  I haven’t heard or read anything on getting another polio shot yet. Got a suspicious feeling the recent outbreak of polio among other things might have a little something to do with the open southern border disaster the current administration has created?  :%$#!:
  H2…nice job on the fishing!  :clap:  What was the water temp on the reservoir yesterday?
  Wally…another good outing for you and Mr.WW, way to go!!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Just checked the rain gauge and we picked up about a 1/2” of much needed rain with the passing thunderstorms yesterday afternoon.
  Bud…hope you and the crew got on some fish yesterday!  :thumbsup:
  Z…good stuff!   :roflmao:   :clap: 
  Jeff…glad you had a good day on the logs yesterday, be safe with the saws today!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…enjoy the shack time, hopefully the weather cooperates for projects!   :thumbsup:

Got my Bass rod in the truck and heading to a small local lake shortly to toss some top water lures while it’s still cool out.  Will check back in later to see how everyone is doing today…. Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28490 on: Aug 05, 2022, 05:51 AM »
No tool yet. Tracking showed it departed Chicago yesterday afternoon, so hopefully today 🤞

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28491 on: Aug 05, 2022, 05:55 AM »
67* and cloudy. We didn't get any of the storms yesterday, they were all around us.
Eddie, the water temp yesterday was 79*. Good luck with the fishing.
IW, had to be hot working on the logs. Good luck today.
Hope everyone has a great Friday and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28492 on: Aug 05, 2022, 06:20 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

We took in a tour at the Mepps tackle company yesterday. My wife has wanted to go there for years as Mepps is the girls favorite lures.

1 stop at a Sheels this morning then off to my brothers  just outside of Green Bay.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28493 on: Aug 05, 2022, 06:35 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....enjoy the water therapy this morning  ;)

WS.....have a good time  :thumbsup:

IW....hope all goes well with the saw/splitter today  :flex:

H2L.....Oneida was 81.7*  @)

MrC.....hopefully there's no need for polio boosters  :blink:

Z.....fingers crossed the wrench arrives today  :)

IFF.....how did the scouting go  ???

Picked up about 3/4" of rain, storms rolled thru around 6:00 last night and another LOUD round at 2:30 this morning  ::)  might be some more later today   :clap:  we definitely need the rain

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28494 on: Aug 05, 2022, 07:32 AM »
Well looks like this weekend might be good as they are only calling for highs in the 80's and low 80's at that, we were around 96 here for a high.

Talk about gas prices we are hanging out at 4.44, but if you leave the county I live in the prices drop rapidly, a town 2 hours east the gas is 3.44 a gallon, makes a guy want to buy bulk and see if I could get it cheaper delivered than buying in town.  Now diesel is still up there around 5.60 a gallon so the truck is still sitting most the time even though I bought the part and have it up and running did top the tank off at a hundred bucks and that was just a little over 1/2 a tank.

Well sounds like work is calling my name again, have a great Friday everyone. Oh and I went and help out my buddies Widow get things priced for the yard sale and she started that today, was going to take pictures of the boat but she had it covered and did not want to uncover it until this morning when she puts the sign on it.  have a good one.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28495 on: Aug 05, 2022, 08:31 AM »
WS, years ago I sent Mepps squirrel tails. 75 one year, they sent me a Mepps pike lure kit....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28496 on: Aug 05, 2022, 10:16 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 83* here now and sunny. supposed to be in the 90s today with high humidity. My wife is working today. Me and Mr Dickens were out earlier in the morning at the lake. Come to the conclusion I'm a bad fisherman. I never catch anything but I enjoy being outside and Mr Dickens is good company.

Mr Clean, Hopefully that young lady gets to compete tonight. Me and my wife were talking about the Polio outbreaks. So far nothing in Mass. Wondering if we'll need to get shots again. A friend said he transported a patient with Leprosy. Hospital called and told them after the transport.

Ice Wanderer, Great job on the wood. Hopefully the rain holds off. Remember to stay hydrated.

Mason Eddie, Good luck today on the water.

Zcm, Hopefully the tool comes in soon.

Hunts2Long, Nice job on the fishing. Nice boat

Whopper Stopper, Looks like your having a great time. Be safe.

Wallyworld, Nice catch. Your right about needing rain. supposed to get someting today.

Fish, Gas prices here are about 4.29. That is very nice of you to help your buddies widow.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Prayers for the people in Kentucky and whereever there is flooding.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28497 on: Aug 05, 2022, 06:00 PM »
Filled up the boat after my 5 day weekend. Did pretty decent fuel use wise. Used 11.67 gallons over those 5 days. The was runnin to the cabin and back as well as fishing on 4 of the 5 days.

Water temp is up to 65 F.
Air temp outside the cabin says 81 degrees.
79 degrees inside the cabin.

Got to get a little work time snuck in between fishing maybe.  ;D

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28498 on: Aug 05, 2022, 07:27 PM »
WW scouting didn’t turn out as I was hoping it would. But got told by a 25 year transplant when I got back to the ramp the area I went to is the local hot spot for crappies in the spring.  Did find another spot that gave up some nice blue gills, enough for supper anyway,  I had my line caught in the trolling motor, first impression was I had a monster on.  Went to drifting while I pulled the prop off to clear the line, daughter had her back to the shoreline and when a branch touched her back,  I thought she was going to jump out of the boat, :)   ;D ;D ;D 😂

Dave amazing how fast the boat eats gas when you fishing, even more so when I am out scouting waters here not used to having miles and miles to explore

See Kentucky is still getting pounded with rains.
Bud

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28499 on: Aug 05, 2022, 09:39 PM »
I'm an idiot. Got my clutch back together... lost my bike keys... both of em.  >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.