Author Topic: Which Drill Auger is Best?  (Read 2322 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: Which Drill Auger is Best?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 03, 2019, 10:23 PM »
Funny, but my 8" mora doesn't work worth a crap on my drill either. 6" mora works great. 7" Nero works great. the 8" mora sucks for some unknown reason.

Sounds like one of the blade mounts is slightly bent out of shape, or the pitch of the blades are not matching up.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #31 on: Dec 04, 2019, 06:11 AM »
I don't know if you can really say Nils is falling behind. It's not the new shiny penny on the block anymore......which happens to everything. I do believe it is the most versital auger out there.
It would agreed. I still feel the Nils is the most universal auger in the market, and certainly the fastest, most efficient cutting hand auger. I was more referring to the weight, overall price of replacement blades, and the sharpening routine of having to send it out of state. Cabelas has their 8” convertible at $289. Most of their augers were around $200 till a few years ago.
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 04, 2019, 06:30 AM »
It would agreed. I still feel the Nils is the most universal auger in the market, and certainly the fastest, most efficient cutting hand auger. I was more referring to the weight, overall price of replacement blades, and the sharpening routine of having to send it out of state. Cabelas has their 8” convertible at $289. Most of their augers were around $200 till a few years ago.

It could be interesting to have a new Nils with a square shaft and plastic flights to reduce weight. Same head though.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #33 on: Dec 04, 2019, 07:13 AM »
It could be interesting to have a new Nils with a square shaft and plastic flights to reduce weight. Same head though.
I feel that should be Nils next move. It would cut their 10lb 8" to prob 6 or 7 lbs.
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.