Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Floating Ice Suit  (Read 4618 times)

Offline jkujawa81

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Floating Ice Suit
« Reply #30 on: Dec 18, 2013, 06:51 PM »
I have the lite suit I bought three years ago and love it even in warmer weather the suits breath very well... the new guardian would be the way to go lite weight and warm as all get out my lite suit is perfect and I am out a lot moving never have I been to hot or cold in it... the suits are awesome and they do float very well I know first hand

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #31 on: Dec 18, 2013, 07:34 PM »
I have A A and like it but I do sweat a little but 4 yrs ago that's the only suit out there but when it wears out I'm sure they will have better options but I might give my suit to someone I fish with and buy a new one this year but I'm going to try a few different options before I decide. Good luck and just get one and be safe just my .02
Never to many short poles

Offline kevt528

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 18, 2013, 09:47 PM »
I have had the Striker lite suit for just over 2 years now, it is warm and it has great ventilation so I never get too hot.  I have been out in below zero temps with just a hoodie underneath and usually never zip the jacket up.  The jacket and bibs have plenty of pockets, the bibs are adjustable for length.  I have been very happy with the suit and the quality is great also.

Striker Ice Lite

Offline ASATMillerbluegill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
« Reply #33 on: Dec 19, 2013, 04:57 PM »
I've got an Arctic Armor suit. 3rd season with it. No issues. Striker or AA, as long as u get a floating one. I can't believe that people buy new ones, that don't float. Sounds goofy to me;)

Buy a suit that floats you

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #34 on: Dec 19, 2013, 10:46 PM »
X2 ASAT miller That's great advice with all the warm weather lately everyone need to be careful and if you can't be careful please wear a floating suit or a good life jacket  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Never to many short poles

Offline jkujawa81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 20, 2013, 08:47 PM »
Check out the news kwwl tonight we did the float suit test I froze my ass off but worth it if it helps ya

Offline Jman_01

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Dec 21, 2013, 07:02 AM »
To those that dont mind which brand, but want something that floats.. Arctic Armor does an NFL theme complete suit annually.  This year is Black/Yellow.. Complete suit $234  beats paying $150 per piece seperately!  Here is link: http://www.idigear.com/arcticarmor1.php

Offline phisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Dec 23, 2013, 10:07 AM »
Thanks for all the feedback everyone.  After trying to provide feedback myself I found some great info from others on this post.  Pointed my brother to Korky's and he found some closeout deals on Striker Ice Lite suits.  I also found that $79.99 was too good of a deal to pass up on the Striker Lite Bibs, although I already have the AA suit.  They were out of parkas in my size but I can hold out until I find another clearance deal on that.  Looks like I'm set when my current floating suit wears out or I'll pass it along to a friend who doesn't have a floating suit yet.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Dec 23, 2013, 11:40 AM »
I was just out to the post office with nothing more than a t shirt and sleeping pants even at -11 I was totaly warm with my Striker lite jacket and Striker Mojo bibs....

Offline Tomo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Dec 23, 2013, 02:26 PM »
How was the water ;D ;D ;).
Otter XT 1200 Lodge, Clam 6800, Clam JR, Strikemaster Auger, Marcum LX5, Honda Rincon.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 23, 2013, 02:54 PM »
Frozen....

Offline Tomo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 23, 2013, 02:58 PM »
Are you sure ;) ;) :tipup:?
Otter XT 1200 Lodge, Clam 6800, Clam JR, Strikemaster Auger, Marcum LX5, Honda Rincon.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Dec 23, 2013, 03:17 PM »
Yep looked to be or that Chevy truck I saw driving across spirit had a flotation device....   :P

Offline iceman1267

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 24, 2013, 08:30 AM »
Check out the news kwwl tonight we did the float suit test I froze my ass off but worth it if it helps ya
Heres the link to jkujawa81's 15 minutes of fame, Ive always wanted to test mine in a pool. How long did it take to dry out?
http://www.kwwl.com/category/130142/video-landing-page?clipId=9658688&autostart=true

Offline jkujawa81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Dec 24, 2013, 10:06 AM »
It takes a while for them to dry out but it would help you out if you knew what to expect out of suit

Offline jungoflats

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Dec 25, 2013, 11:38 PM »
I've been wearing a Mustang Survival Suit for about ten years iceboating.Those are the orange outfits worn by the Coast Guard. It's expensive, bulky, stuffy, not waterproof, and stiffens up in sub zero temps.  It is absolutely wind proof, warm enough, very tough, and survival time upon immersion is reportedly about three hours. I got it two sizes too large to have room for layering.  It turned out that I didn't need the extra clothes, but I like the loose fit.

Offline phisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Dec 26, 2013, 12:36 PM »
So, I went on Korky's site to check on Striker Ice Lite jackets on clearance.  They listed every size available in the Orange, so I gave them a call to order one with my xmas gift cards.  Apparently there was an error with the system and they didn't have those sizes, just the red in 4XL.  So the guy gave me 10% off the Predator jacket, with $100 in gift cards, my order was around $64 shipped.  Kudos to Korky's, and their great customer service.  I highly recommend them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.