New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: fishing on canadarago lake  (Read 82785 times)

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: fishing on canadarago lake
« Reply #510 on: Mar 02, 2012, 08:52 PM »
Well it was achoice of going to cando or little lakes and i decided to go to ll, my friend went to cando said it was slow except for dinks, we made aplan to go out on sunday with abunch of friends. Going to do chili dogs on the ice and just bs while catching some dinks lol see you sunday

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #511 on: Mar 02, 2012, 08:59 PM »
Ya  I had my fair share of Dinks today  on my lake
smile it makes others wonder what your up to

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Offline Floatman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #512 on: Mar 03, 2012, 09:49 AM »
Can't wait until the ice goes out so I can go to my favorite spot to hammer the spawning jumbos.  I caught my limit of these last year

Offline TheSystem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Fear Me
« Reply #513 on: Mar 03, 2012, 10:03 AM »
5" of heavy slush/snow on top of 8" of ice today.  South winds kind of a pain.  Went out in the AM, done for the day.  Windy and damp, hard walking.  Not a whole lot of fun.  I'm ready to put the boat in

Offline perchpopper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #514 on: Mar 03, 2012, 10:33 AM »
Hey  Floatman , p/m me i'm in for a few of those slobs. ;D
 ;D ;D ;D
Morning sun rising, a hot cup of coffee and flags a flyin , priceless!!

Offline stumplotmike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #515 on: Mar 03, 2012, 11:48 AM »
Are people still using wheelers to get around?  Is it ok to get on the lake at Bakers with a wheeler?   Thanks
In order to be the fish you've got to beat the fish

Offline TheSystem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Fear Me
« Reply #516 on: Mar 03, 2012, 12:44 PM »
I didn't see any.  I would bet that the soreline over there is getting beat.  THere is good ice once you get out though, I'd say use your judgement

Offline icecutter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #517 on: Mar 03, 2012, 01:00 PM »
Maybe things will tighten up a bit with a little cold snap coming ???

Offline fl18guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #518 on: Mar 03, 2012, 01:58 PM »
just left their. It was a sloppy mess.ice was about 8inches were we were.  not a bad drag but a little rough with all the slush. Saw one wheeler come out of bakers . Had 2 guys on it  and all i could hear them say is man i am soaked. Fishing was ok. Lots of dinks and tip up perch, but no real keepers. Biggest yellow was just about 8".  fished from 7:00 til 11.30 and from 8 fow to 29fow. dinks were aggressive but the bigger one were real picky.  had a good time. saw alot og guys on youngs lake on way back. hope they had better luck than we did.

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #519 on: Mar 04, 2012, 06:28 AM »
going out of bakers beach today with some buddies, 3 of them r out there already. Think this wil b my last day on cando unless someone wants to go and im in the mood to fish cando. If you read this and are around the sunken island stop over well b in a double clam and if u stop around lunch time we will b making chili dogs. will post the dink report later lol

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #520 on: Mar 04, 2012, 06:35 AM »
Hey Floatman i dont know if i would be eating those jacks there must be something in the water it has 2 mouths and a few extra fins ;)

Offline perchpopper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #521 on: Mar 04, 2012, 06:47 AM »
icerookie26, that perch that floatman is holding is very old and was in the lake before they built the sewage treatment plant , must have had plenty to eat .
Morning sun rising, a hot cup of coffee and flags a flyin , priceless!!

Offline perchtrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #522 on: Mar 04, 2012, 07:22 AM »
Those fish are hard to get thru the hole! Better off fishing them from a boat, had to cut a lot of lines this year when that school moved thru. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Kov619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #523 on: Mar 04, 2012, 07:47 AM »
We all know it is a CARP in camo.       LOL.    Be safe.... Tight lines and. Tips up....
Bad ice is bad for your health....walk with care....

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #524 on: Mar 04, 2012, 05:09 PM »
OK promised a report and it was all dinks today. There was 5 of us and we had agood time we just circled the shelters and ate chili dogs and bulled while catching many dinks. We had a 10yr old Daniel with us and he was atrip with his pole and jig showing us how we should b fishing, lol then he got bored and told me we should be using perch eyes so he tried that and then after no fish he decided it was agood idea to try apiece of bread on his hook, it was hilarious to watch him, typical 10yr old and he was alot of fun, oh and he was in my shanty because he said his dad was to cheap to buy a heater buddy lmao just to funny and agood way to end the day with the next generation of hardwater fishermen

Offline TheSystem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Fear Me
« Reply #525 on: Mar 04, 2012, 06:25 PM »
good to spread the sport Kowboy.  Lot less guys on the lake today huh?  I don't mind having a little less pressure on "my" lake!  Melting snow and increasing cut outs from the inlets mean we'll be losing shoreline ice real soon.  I'm ready to put my boat in, to heck with the ice!

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #526 on: Mar 04, 2012, 08:06 PM »
system ur right on the next generation it was alot of fun with him today. As far as cando i was done with fishing there as of the other day if it wasnt for my friends i woulnt have gone there today. There still was alot of people out it seemed, atleast 15 vehicles in bb parking lot. saw alot by the launch and seemed afew out by the iosland with guys throughout the lake

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #527 on: Mar 05, 2012, 03:44 PM »
oh and forgot to say that one of my friends caught areal nice brown, it was about 17inches id say he didnt want to keep it out of the water for long so he got it back in the water quick. it did have some marks on it lkike maybe it had a scrape with a tiger at one time

Offline TheSystem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Fear Me
« Reply #528 on: Mar 05, 2012, 03:54 PM »
VERY glad to hear his concern for the fish and that its still swimming!

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #529 on: Mar 06, 2012, 11:00 AM »
this is the time to hit 'rago  ;)   right now!

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
« Reply #530 on: Mar 06, 2012, 04:39 PM »
Boys Esoxman is coming back up again to target the real fish ,Tigers, he should be out there with you. Tell Butler,Train,and Flanny Brown says hello and I will return !!! Good luck Esoxman
Mr.Esox

Offline perchtrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #531 on: Mar 06, 2012, 06:28 PM »
Went out today from 630 til 3 came home with five  :-\ lot of fish on the screen lots of dinks, stayd in em pretty much all day just no good ones to add to the pot.

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #532 on: Mar 06, 2012, 06:55 PM »
way to stay on them perchtrapper, thats ben the norm for cando. I went probably 20 times this yr and hit the big perch once a week or so ago.
although at this time of the yr u do get into some slobs. Im on ll and hitting some big perch and some decent crappies, just cant bring myself to go to cando anymore on the hardwater

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #533 on: Mar 06, 2012, 06:58 PM »
Why is that   cbup

to many dinks

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Offline perchtrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #534 on: Mar 07, 2012, 04:33 AM »
way to stay on them perchtrapper, thats ben the norm for cando. I went probably 20 times this yr and hit the big perch once a week or so ago.
although at this time of the yr u do get into some slobs. Im on ll and hitting some big perch and some decent crappies, just cant bring myself to go to cando anymore on the hardwater
I fished over there couple weeks ago for half a day with my boys we caught some little little perch had a few flags and one produced a nice perch. I like weaver end of may first part of june that is a good time!

Offline eduard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #535 on: Mar 08, 2012, 06:13 PM »
how is the ice thickness safe for the sled and hows the acess going there saturday

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #536 on: Mar 08, 2012, 06:16 PM »
dont think so  was there today  you need  planks to get on that lake for the dinks

Offline TheSystem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Fear Me
« Reply #537 on: Mar 08, 2012, 06:39 PM »
Ya this sun/wind\rain combo will wreck the shallow ice real fast.  Can't say that i'm sorry though, I had a great season on the ice, caught over 500 perch (counted), with about 450 of them less than 8"!  Did end up with some real nice pickerel, fallfish, one walleye (6"), a 1.5 lb lmb and my fish of the season, a 19.5" 5lb lmb.  did not get the trout I've always wanted, even with the advice of Kowboy, but i suppose thats what spring fishing is for.  see you guys on the water - i'll be on the softwater boards reporting conditions and catches under the same name, feel free to get ahold of me for info or to schedule a teamwork trip

Offline Esoxman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Certified Bait is ridiclus
« Reply #538 on: Mar 08, 2012, 09:16 PM »
System it been a blast caught 2 walleyes 2 big pickeral no tigers believe I had one on broke a treble hook and straightened out another for 100 or so hrs i put on cando that stunk.They are loading the lake the numbers are up strange more tigers mean less dinks something wrong,Putting atoyhauler trailer on the lake see ya soon.Ps just ice fish not interested in rod and reel plus get seasick.
Ice Fish only, stricly targeting Esox lucius and Masquinongy, everything else is just bait.

Offline MBrown4

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There's a buggy whip!
« Reply #539 on: Mar 08, 2012, 09:55 PM »
i imagine that the tigers wont target the little perch as much with all the nice juicy easy to eat alewifes swimming around. once they chew them up enough the dinks are on the menu in my opinion

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.