Author Topic: Looking for quality warm ice fishing gloves  (Read 8234 times)

Offline b turdy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Looking for quality warm ice fishing gloves
« Reply #30 on: Nov 17, 2010, 08:30 PM »
went to Beans this weekend and tried on a few gloves... found this one pair that was SWEET!..... until i looked at the price tag.  $120 for gloves....  Even if I had all the money in the world, I cant understand paying that much for gloves....  Insane.....

Offline SKilo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Nov 20, 2010, 02:40 PM »
I also use the Kinco or American Eagle leather palm work gloves. Mainly because we would go through gloves like crazy at work and you had to have durable gloves but that were still cheap enough to loose, wear out, and have extras when they get wet. I also use liners for extremely cold days when I know I'll be taking the leather ones on and off and I also get an extra sized pair for this application. If it's really brutal out then the heat packs gets thrown in. I also went fishn last year with a butcher who swore by the latex gloves. I plan on trying this a little more this winter but I know with past experience with latex gloves that they need to also be of better quality in the colder climates.

Offline Perfect Hook Set

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • A true Lie
« Reply #32 on: Nov 20, 2010, 03:02 PM »

I rarely used gloves last season but, depending on your locations and how cold the weather gets I guess some of you would be worst of without any.

When I did use my thinsulate gloves it was on windy days or when i planed to jig a lot other wise I would keep my hands in my pocket if they started to get cold.

I forget the actually name of them but, I was thinking about picking up a cheap pair of mittens the type that you can lift the top back and expose your fingers...

Right now I have 60 gram wells lamonte thinsulate gloves.
Next time you go to cwood let me know how many fish you didnt catch.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.