New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Honeoye BS thread  (Read 3945 times)

Offline deebsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Honeoye BS thread
« Reply #30 on: Jan 13, 2009, 08:36 AM »
Does anyone know for sure if we can park at Trident?  I talked to a few people and its a 50/50 answer.  Any input would be appreciated.
;

Offline demon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 13, 2009, 01:20 PM »
Fished Honeoye over the weekend and talked to a guy who works at Trident, He didn't seem opposed to parking there. He wasn't the owner so its not official. There were 30 cars there on Sat.

Offline calico kid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 13, 2009, 07:42 PM »
the owners name is brian,he's a great guy i never heard him complain about fisherman parking.i'f you want a direct answer call trident marine he spends alot of time there even in the off season.

Offline fingerlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If It Smells Good---> EAT IT !! !!
« Reply #33 on: Jan 14, 2009, 07:19 AM »
Hey panfish jiggers....I spent 3 days jigging...did incredible 1 day and pretty good the other 2.  I could only get them to hit consistently on waxworms...with a few exceptions they wouldnt touch the spikes!!  Any one else have similar results?  Anyone have an idea for why this may be??  They also prefered one jig style color and size for the most part...the differences in their attitude were amazing.  Anyone one care to share their recent panfish jigging stories?

Offline Norman Schrader

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #34 on: Jan 15, 2009, 07:28 AM »
Hey fingerlaker,
I haven't fished for the panfish this year, but I have noticed that in the past few years.  My neighbors that have been out there said they  experienced the same thing this week.  One thing I think helps with the waxworms is the size.  I have noticed when I put 2-3 mousies/spikes on the hook and got the mass up to the size of a waxworm, I did better than with only one on the hook.  The last few years I have been using the Berkeley Power wiigglers and using 2 of them worked better than just 1.
I was hoping to go out this weekend and get some time on the ice before my surgery on the 26th :).  I have been off the last few days due to a death in the family.  :(  Then my boss called and said we have to work both days this weekend :'(.   Oh Well - the OT will give me some extra coin to use when I'm off for 3 weeks after the surgery and have nothing to do but icefish ;D.
Good luck.
Norm
Norman J. Schrader

Offline fingerlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Jan 15, 2009, 07:42 AM »
Yeah I kinda thought putting multiple spikes on the line may be the answer when out of waxies...  I'll have my atv on the ice after this weekend and maybe I'll pop up and say hey when you are on the ice recuperating!!  I like to fish that small point just to the south of you and have done very well there the past couple of years for the eyes.   My condolences for your loss.   You will be in my thoughts on the 26th and I wish you well...I assume you will prolly be on the ice the evening of the 26th ;)...

Offline Norman Schrader

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #36 on: Jan 15, 2009, 07:56 AM »
They say I have to stay in the Hospital for 2-3 days.  Hopefully I will be on the ice for the weekend though.
I also found out that the factory is shutting down for the 1st week in March, which is after I get back to work so I will have more time off.  Let's hope the ice holds up.
Good luck.
Norm
Norman J. Schrader

Offline Troutman10

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 16, 2009, 06:02 PM »
My buddy's dad said he caught a very large pike out of Honeoye recently.  He said that it hardly fit up the hole (I'm not sure what diameter his auger is).  Are pike common on Honeoye or does my buddy's dad tell fish stories with the best of 'em???  I was kinda doubting his report, but was wondering if any other pike are reported.  Thanks in advance.

Offline crappie78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 16, 2009, 06:06 PM »
There are not very many pike in there but when you do catch one they seem to be on the big side.  So most likely he is telling the truth.

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 16, 2009, 10:49 PM »
My buddy's dad said he caught a very large pike out of Honeoye recently.  He said that it hardly fit up the hole (I'm not sure what diameter his auger is).  Are pike common on Honeoye or does my buddy's dad tell fish stories with the best of 'em???  I was kinda doubting his report, but was wondering if any other pike are reported.  Thanks in advance.

There are a few there as stated. The one I saw caught was at the South end by a guy jigging. He kept it, turns out he was the chef at restaurant in the fancy Motel at the North end. Don't know if it turned up on the menu!!! That fish was about 4#. Cya.....

Offline fingerlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Jan 23, 2009, 06:34 AM »
Anyone fishing the small panfish tourney tomorrow?

Offline icerookie5212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 23, 2009, 07:00 AM »
thought about it, but not sure yet

Offline fingerlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Jan 23, 2009, 07:35 AM »
After being taught by the fishingfool himself I would think you would have a chance at winning it icerookie!!!!!

Offline molsonport

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 23, 2009, 01:04 PM »
Anyone fishing the small panfish tourney tomorrow?
what time does it start/and were do you register/how much$ to enter

Offline fingerlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Jan 23, 2009, 01:10 PM »
registration 7-8am at the south end boat launch begin fishing immediately after registering...weigh in  at 1 pm sharp... cost is 10 dollars...5 Gills and 5 perch max at the scale...100%payout

Offline molsonport

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Jan 23, 2009, 01:16 PM »
registration 7-8am at the south end boat launch begin fishing immediately after registering...weigh in  at 1 pm sharp... cost is 10 dollars...5 Gills and 5 perch max at the scale...100%payout
fingerlaker thanks for the info might just see you guys there!!!

Offline Norman Schrader

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #46 on: Jan 30, 2009, 08:21 AM »
Hi everyone,
Well, I made it through the surgery and am back home at the lake recovering.  The doc said no ice fishing for a week or 2 until the incisions heal, but the prognosis is good.  So I guess I will be watching the guys through binoculars and listening to channel 7 to get reports.  I was catching some real nice bass on perch colored rapalas before the surgery so hopefully you guys will be catching some good fish out there.  But save some for me ;)
Good luck to all
Norm
Norman J. Schrader

Offline deebsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Jan 30, 2009, 08:30 AM »
Glad to here your ok and everything went well.  The two weeks recovering will be worse than waiting for first ice. 
;

Offline snowthrower1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 30, 2009, 08:31 AM »
Are there any fish in honeoye?

Offline deebsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Jan 30, 2009, 08:36 AM »
Are there any fish in honeoye?

They are there you gotta put your time in.....drill losts of hole and be mobile.  Nobody I have talked to is setting any records small pails of keepers.  Good luck
;

Offline Jimmyi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Feb 01, 2009, 09:18 PM »
I went out this afternoon and only caught one small perch and one small rock bass.  Fishing was very slow.  Fished at the South end on the East side in front of the boat ramp.  Several guys near me got skunked.  They said some guy had caught a couple bass and another guy had a half pail of perch.

Offline shark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Feb 09, 2009, 06:28 AM »
Be carefull out there , was out sunday and seen some of the holes opening up pretty fast, its a crap shoot after the warm up this week.

Mark,
How's the ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.