Author Topic: icegator ????  (Read 4392 times)

Offline travisj88

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: icegator ????
« Reply #30 on: Jan 25, 2009, 03:49 AM »
Where do you take your blades to get sharpened?
Travis

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 25, 2009, 12:59 PM »
Travis I usually do them myself with a diamond Lansky system....  I think the Cutting Edge is the place others have told me about.
TEAM ALASKA

Offline Master Angler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 10" Hole = Less tales of the big one that got away
« Reply #32 on: Jan 25, 2009, 04:59 PM »

I wish I had a pond in my yard to test drill on, I've been thinking of putting some mods on my old eskimo barricuda similar to what the professional lumberjacks do to their saws. Those pro modified chainsaw races are fun to see. I must have an old 34mm mikuni carb or something laying around that would work better than my "EPA friendly" non-tunable carb it came with. One of those polished stainless exhausts with the big expansion chamber would look cool too I'm sure. Stay tuned for the next riced out auger on the horizon.

Better yet just bolt one of those engines in place of your current one.
I think they are using hopped up dirt bike motors on them thar racing saws!!!!  ;D

I've thought about that too...............a 125 cc dirt bike engine on top a 10" auger, that'd be cool, although likely not the most practical but it would sure be fun..........especiall y through 4 ft of ice.  8)

Offline Tinman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 30, 2009, 10:49 AM »
No mods to my auger this week other than a little carb tuning last night. For once in this augers life I think it might actually be making the rated 3 h.p.

Drilled a dozen holes in a neighborhood lake last night as the neighbors all came out to see what the heck was going on. I'm thinking new blades might be the best "mod" at this point. I do have a 1203cc buell engine sitting in the garage though, with nearly 100 ft lbs of torque I'm sure it would push a large diameter auger. The trick would be to find 3 other buddys to help hang on.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.