Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Here comes the cold!!!  (Read 3933 times)

Offline J_Jaacks

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Here comes the cold!!!
« Reply #30 on: Nov 06, 2008, 09:22 PM »
Well Saturday through Tuesday it was really warm.  Almost set some records.  Now today, the 40's and dropping like a rock.  The wind has come up and we are suppose to get "some" snow.  Its a real mean roller coaster ride for weather.  Good thing is that it will eventually get cold.

Offline Wally Lindner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Nov 08, 2008, 01:03 PM »
  Question for Crappie Buster.  Was out last night wading Clear Lake (one 36" muskie) fishing was terrible for walleyes!  Water clarity was to blame!  What effect will the dredging have on the ice fishing this year since the water in the lake is so cloudy? 

Offline ZEKE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Nov 08, 2008, 06:28 PM »
When they dredged Little Wall lake the fishing was trouble the water was milky colored and it is just starting to come back.
The crappies and blue gills were and are very thin which tells me there is no food for them to eat, Fish feeders needed to be added but the DNR said it was not necessary.   

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Nov 08, 2008, 06:55 PM »
Lake is down big time too.  At least 2-2 1/2 feet below average.  That would be from the dredging.  The up side is the little lake freezes over first and the dredging operation may scour out/open up new areas.  Avg little lake depth is 4 ft I believe.  "Ive heard" reports of up to 14 ft areas in the little lake.  Water clarity is usually murky even in the fall as the waves stir up sediment.  Water clarity usually improves when we get a nice skim.  I know fishing hasnt been worth a damm this fall for wallys hit and miss at best. :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.