Author Topic: 2009 NH IS "Little Alaska" Outing (group outing to 1st/3rd Lake,Pittsburg)  (Read 24649 times)

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
I'll have enough food/beer for myself and companions plus some to share.
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
I will definitely have my small grill.  How many are we looking at???

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I will definitely have my small grill.  How many are we looking at???

Looks like more than 6 right now.  I am going to try to get pops up as it will be my only ice trip this winter!

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
Duck Doctor has posted the sign up thread.  All that are interested in attending are encouraged to sign up.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
We have 5 signed up already and I know Chief will be coming as well as some others that might not have seen the sign up yet! I can say that I am very happy to see what we have already for a turn out! I was sitting here in my kitchen in NY and thought it would be great to get everyone together!  So thanks in advance for all the enthusiasm!

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
so with laine plus Chief and son, we are now looking at 13!

that equals 26 traps and if we all fish cusk that is 78 traps!  who is bringing the 10" LOL!

Offline Jiffy Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
so with laine plus Chief and son, we are now looking at 13!

that equals 26 traps and if we all fish cusk that is 78 traps!  who is bringing the 10" LOL!

I have a 10".........auger, lol

I have 6 cusk lines also, just need new line. How many FOW will we be fishing...roughly?

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Looking forward to seeing & fishing with everyone, and meeting everyone else ;D

Lets start the count-down 78 days.... :laugh:

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
I will have my 10" auger as well.

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
Everyone OK with me bringing my 12 year old son.  I usually dont fish without him.  But if you want to keeep thiss an adult thing thats OK with me too.  What do you all think?????

Offline longbeardking

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Everyone OK with me bringing my 12 year old son.  I usually dont fish without him.  But if you want to keeep thiss an adult thing thats OK with me too.  What do you all think?????

Give me an everloving BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kids are the futrue of hunting and fishing. Sides I might learn something from him!!!!!! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Times have NOT changed. PEOPLE have!!!

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I will bring 10" jiffy and I think that blind bass may come with his also. I cant waite to get to meet all of you. 78 and counting!
There must be a twelve step program for this

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

No Problem Here... If he likes to fish he'll fit right in ;)

Offline Jiffy Man

• Team IceShanty Addict

I'm bringing my 14 year old daughter (unless something pops up in her social calender.) You know how teenagers are...they travel in packs, so she will most likely have a friend with her too.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm bringing my 14 year old daughter (unless something pops up in her social calender.) You know how teenagers are...they travel in packs, so she will most likely have a friend with her too.

Cheif........fishing without Zach? I can' believe you even asked! BTW: I will not have any monkeys in my head this trip! LOL!

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I have to say that I am very impressed with the initial sign ups! Right now at 10:11am on Saturday the 8th of November, we are looking at 16 people attending. This equals 32 traps and 96 cusk traps if everyone fishes cusk!

F&G should have a field day with us! With that beeing said, please review the laws/regulations for the 1st Conn Lake and also review the "cusk trap" regs as we would not want to have someone get in trouble and taint the day!

Once again, thanks for the intial participation! I hope everyone that plans on attending now, will be able to when the time comes!

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
So we also have 5 10" augers that will be making the trip! We will need to take a "line up" pic!

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
Are VT'ers invited? Are the 1st & 3rd lakes typical north country lakes ie lakers, landlocked,
rainbow and browns? When does the NH season open? Thanks TRT

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
DD, are you bringin your camera??????

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
DD, are you bringin your camera??????

Which camera bud?

The two digitals or the aqua vu?

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Are VT'ers invited? Are the 1st & 3rd lakes typical north country lakes ie lakers, landlocked,

Atv's are allowed on the lake. We have decided to fish the 1st Con Lake. It is a salmon/lake trout lake. It also holds cusk. Salmon are not allowed though the ice.

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
Chief buy all means bring Zack I'm Betting he's more mature that most of us. ART

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
BTW: I will not have any monkeys in my head this trip! LOL!

Not if I can help it, you aren't getting off that easy  >:D ;D

Absolutely, you are more than welcome.  This includes Mass, Maine, New York, etc... no need to ask, just let us know you are coming.

I don't have the 2009 book in front of me.  I can tell you the gist of it though; Lake Trout Lakes open Jan 1, NO LANDLOCK SALMON through the ice (this is a big no no).  Those 16 years old and older need a valid NH fishing license and are allowed 2 lines on Lake Trout Lakes in addition to 6 cusk fishing devices.  Cusk fishing devices are defined by NHF&G as

Cusk fishing device: A device for storing line in a manner which
is not free-running and is securely attached to the device and to which
is attached a sinker, weighing at least one ounce, not more than 6
inches above, and independent of, an attached single hook for bait.
The weight must rest on the bottom of the lake.

Also

The use of shad or whitefish as bait for cusk is prohibited.
 Importation of fish or their eggs, including bait fish, is prohibited without
a special permit.

The above means that you must use bait from NH.  There are places where bait can be purchased OR you can make arrangements with another IS member to share bait.

There is no limit on cusk.  Lake Trout through the ice must be a minimum of 18" with a daily limit of 2 fish.

This is just a brief breakdown of the rules.  NH F&G makes revision  annually and once they have announced these revisions and have made the new rule book available, I will link it up and we'll try to answer any questions we can.

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
I AM IN, HOPEFULLY I WILL KNOW FOR SURE IN DECEMBER OR EARLIER SO #17

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Just remember to sign up on the "sign up thread!"

I am more than happy witht the turn out so far!

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
I'm going to have to make plans to be there :tipup:
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline Chiefbush

• Team IceShanty Addict
Which camera bud?

The two digitals or the aqua vu?
One of the digitals, I am sure there will be lots of interest in some pics on the board.  Not to mentiion the 5 lb er I am bringin thru the hole!!!

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
One of the digitals, I am sure there will be lots of interest in some pics on the board.  Not to mentiion the 5 lb er I am bringin thru the hole!!!

I will have one of them with me. More than likely it will be laine's as hers takes a TON of pics and video!

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

I will have one of them with me. More than likely it will be laine's as hers takes a TON of pics and video!

I'll also be bringing a nice digital that takes video also. Hopefully we'll load this site up with plenty of pics of "nice fish" or at least pics of a lot of us having a really good time ;D :D

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'll also be bringing a nice digital that takes video also. Hopefully we'll load this site up with plenty of pics of "nice fish" or at least pics of a lot of us having a really good time ;D :D

Keith, I need your help....Last year I brought Chief and his son, plus my dad up to the 3rd. I was supposed to pick up my father at 5:30am and Chief and crew were going to meet us at the lake. Well I got a little itch in my belly and drove to Colebrook Friday night. Before I knew it, it was "last call" at the Colebrook House and I had to be back in Pittsburg by 5:30! It took me a little over 45 miutes to get back and I crawled into bed around 2:15! I set the alarm and was picking up my dad by 5:15am.   I walked into their room and my mom asked if I had been drinking. LOL! I said I just got home. The drive to 3rd lake was fun and even inlcuded a few moose in the road!  The auger was killing me to hear it run!

Long story short: it was not until Chief fed me that I really got any energy at all! That was at 10:30! I just sat on my bucket missing fish after fish while jigging!

That is the story of "monkeys in my head!"

Now Kieth, this is where you come in!  Laine has proven that she can't be the DD and John has already voiced that I can't stay sober! You and Chief are my last hopes!

I can't wait!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.