The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: RC???  (Read 6857 times)

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
Re: RC???
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2008, 10:48 PM »
Don't forget the fact that we will be collecting cans to fill the boat's tank.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2008, 10:04 AM »
I hope it dont get that bad!!!!!!  We're still workin now, got work all the way through the summer with a couple other jobs in the process of being sold!!! Our fingers are staying crossed that things stay busy for us!! But as soon as they slow down im outta here!! Time for a different state then!

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2008, 07:54 PM »
Ya right Vexy,

You like to talk big, but you ain't going anywhere!  Remember all those food plots and new stands you got ready for deer hunting.  You just goona walk away from them for a few dollar bills?  Hey, if you aren't going to hunt those spots PM me the gps coordinates...I will hunt and shoot your buck for ya while you make a few lowsy dollars. 8) 

You have the world by the @$s.  No kids....yet :o.....and you can live at home.  Don't rush off and trash the situation you are in.  There is alot of hunting and fishing to be had right here.  The money (and problems) will come soon enough. 

In the mean time....  I am just layed up here in a country state of mind.
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2008, 10:23 PM »
U R RIGHT!! NO kids!!   No RC, i've been told by many ppl that i have a talent, i LOVE guiding ppl around here and im pretty good at it.  Not to sound cocky....  I WILL own my own guiding service someday for whitetails, and im not going to be the guy who has the high fence in michigan putting his clients on crapty srub bucks!!! As for my hot spots, yes, plots are all in, stand all hung, lanes all trimmed, and i will be hunting those spots this year and for the next couple years.  But my dream is to end up outwest. ANd im a dream chaser!!!!!!  I will live at home for a  few years and save some money understand that is the smart and wise thing to do!! SO we'll see ya June 14 huh RC??? Next wk friday and im the HELL outta HS!!! Cant wait!!  Then its off to kalkaska for the annual smallmouth trip!

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2008, 08:26 PM »
Well I don't blame you for dreamin' 

I think we should all do a little more of it.    After all it is free.  I hope you do guide for a living.  I can't say that I am a great fisherman...but I do fill in the cracks with B.S. pretty well.  Hunting on the other hand.....well I am not the best...but I spend more time in the woods than most.  Before Oct. 1 I know 99% of the bucks in the area.  Most people enjoy hearing the deer reports and stories.  They enjoy the specialty meats and steaks produced by success. And the rest  .........Like I said....I fill in the blanks with B.S.  Remember this when you need a representative to go to all the hunting expo's to drum up some hunts. 8)

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2008, 10:38 AM »
I can't say that I am a great fisherman...but I do fill in the cracks with B.S

Haha!! I like that, and its very true!!!  I'll have to have a discount price for friends from home to come out and help me our name around, once we get started!!!  5 more days of school RC and im done with highschool!! Graduate the 29th done with school the 23rd!!!!!!!!  But enuff dickin around on the net, time to leave school and go to work!!!

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2008, 01:14 PM »
Don't forget the fact that we will be collecting cans to fill the boat's tank.

I hate to say it but this may be true this summer

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2008, 09:34 AM »
LOL pick'n up cans!

Instead of fish in the live well you will have scrap metal that you have hauled off the bottom of the lake while fishing.  All the beer cans will be tucked neatly into a recycle bin on deck. ;)

And Vexy.  I dunno about guiding.  I used to like woodworking.  So I started working in a custom cabinet shop.  I made kitchens for Upjohns...and Gilmores.....state congressmen and ceo's of many businesses. I worked worked with birds eye maple, purple heart, and many other woods I cannot spell.  We made anything and everything you can imagine.  I was in hog heaven for the first year I did it.  But then the job ruined the hobby.

I have "guided" a few people fishing and hunting and have put them on game.  The only problem is they usually can't finish the job harvesting the game.  Then I feel kinda like a jerk for bringing them along.  Fortunately I can B.S. my way through the rest of the trip and everyone has a good time for the most part.  But when the hole thing is over, it kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I just stick to what is safe...me hunting or fishing alone.  That way if things don't go well I just chalk it up to life....and I only have to deal with my own bad attitude. ;)

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2008, 09:41 PM »
Heard that!!! I take my dad's buddy out turkey hunting, he blew an opportunity on a BIG OL tom at 25 yrds, i just laugh, i did my part, he just didnt capitilize on his part!!!! You been findin any morells RC??  Or dont ya look? THey go good will all ur stupid  specs you have frozen in the freezer!!!   5 more days of school for this guy and im DONE!!!!!

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2008, 08:13 PM »
My friend....

I dined on the finest bluegills just last night.  Yes I have a ot of specs....and I always have a open ended invitation to you and Uriah....and maybe bricker.  Come on over and I will cook you some of the best fish you have ever tasted....bluegill.... specs...or walleye are on the menu. 

As for me...specs taste just fine. 

As for morels....ya I found a few,but nothing to make a decent meal this year.  Oh well, better luck next year.  Right now I am gettin' tuned up for bow hunting.. updating gear.....and yes watchin' deer.  I am looking forward to the party on the 14th.  I also ironing out the details for a trip down to the Kenton coon dog trial on labor day weekend.  Got a bottle of homemade hooch ready just for he occasion. In the meantime.....it is work work and more work. 

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2008, 10:21 AM »
U say the word RC and im there!!!  Would love to come be catered by you!!!  Yes i also am lookin forward to the party!!  Done with school tomarrow, graduate next week!!!!!!!  Talked to ol fishhead for a minute this mornin in school, hes plannin on makin it also so it should be a good time!

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2008, 06:08 PM »
In Volume 9 number 11 of the Michigan Outdoor News It states that there will be a early doe season Sept. 18-22.  The hunt will apply to people living in zone 3 and the 5 northwestern lower peninsula zones known as the TB zone.

On one hand this SUCKS big time.  Bow hunting is #1....it challenges the mind and your skill level of hunting.  But on the other hand I know a place I can go and see 30-60 does in a evening...every evening.  I just hope it is cool enough to process the deer that are harvested.  Looks like I will be eating some venison salami before the first day of bow season.  I will be done hunting deer way before Nov. 15 comes around.  Anyone need a walker for a deer drive?????

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2008, 08:10 PM »
On second thought.... I think I will skip the early hunt for does...IF......the weather is to hot....which it usually is.   I like to process deer when it is 20's at night and mid 30's during the day.  It is alot of work to process a deer in hot weather.  The question is.... Do you want to process your deer in hot weather?  I am sure most people reading this will not have trouble harvesting a doe this time of year.

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2008, 11:41 PM »
So I went out and did some garage saling today.  Picked up a 6" mora auger ...brand new with red plastic cover for $5.  That pretty much made my morning.  I love to swap, and aquire "new stuff".  Speaking of that ......Fishhead I saw you called last night.  Sorry I missed it.  I hope you didn't need me to come bail you and scruff outa jail ;).  I hope to see you guys soon at kyle's grad party.  I will have to call all of you up and get the per tinant info.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jun 03, 2008, 08:49 PM »
Yea i heard about that new season RC!! That pisses me off!! Regulate how many doe tags the bowhunter can get but then open up an early gun season for does only and let each hunter take 5 whitetails does??? **censored**? THats literally mentally retarded!! Let the bowhunters shoot em and the gun hunter shoot em during november!!!!  No scruff and jase are not in jail!! Been talkin with jase almost too damn much lately!! lol I know jase is plannin on comin over for the grad party, scruff said he aint so sure!!!  Look forward to meeting up with you guys again in the next couple weekends.  It otta be a good time! Im officially graduated, walked last week and have to go pick up my diploma from school one of these days.  U have a good one Danno! We'll see ya in a couple weeks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.