Author Topic: Ice Fishing.....Hobbie or just a pass time??????  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ice Fishing.....Hobbie or just a pass time??????
« Reply #30 on: Mar 14, 2008, 04:13 AM »
Neither past time or hobby. Going ice fishing is the only thing that jazzes me. For some reason nothing else does that for me. I prepare way ahead of time, can't sleep well the night before. I wake up too early. leave too early. My heart pounds and I'm excited like a kid. Love the bad weather. Anybody can fish on a warm summer day. It's helped to un-domesticate me. I feel my sack growing just talking about it.   

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #31 on: Mar 14, 2008, 06:45 AM »
I often ask myself, why icefishing? During the open water season I wouldn't usually target bluegills but when the ice is on there is just something magical about it all... The challenge, tradition, part of me, crappies, perch, walleyes... When it comes down to it, it is just something that can put a smile on my face, it really recharges my batteries!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #32 on: Mar 14, 2008, 07:05 AM »
I think Ice fishing 365 days a year, but I only got to fish 21 times this season. Now I will build a new shanty and wait till the lakes get hard again. I still boat fish, but I prefer to fish in a shanty.
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Mar 14, 2008, 07:24 AM »
hi, I'm frank, and I'm a fishaholic.
hi frank.
MY LIFE STORY
[/shadow][/glow][/u][/i][/b]

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Mar 14, 2008, 09:55 AM »
I often ask myself, why icefishing? During the open water season I wouldn't uaually target bluegills but when the ice is on there is just something magical about it all... The challenge, tradition, part my me, crappies, perch, walleyes... When it comes down to it, it is just something that can put a smile on my face, it really recharges my batteries!
  You took the words right out of my mouth.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #35 on: Mar 14, 2008, 10:00 AM »
To keep from going INSANE!!!!
The winters here start in October and the spring thaw comes in May  :woot: :woot: :woot:

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The real sports in life Bowhunting and Icefishing
« Reply #36 on: Mar 14, 2008, 10:31 AM »
yeah thats a good reason...too keep from going insane......the ice is here in november and it is still around until april so thats a real good reason as well as to get the hell outta the house

Offline lostfishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Mar 14, 2008, 10:44 AM »
When the conditions are too bad to go deep sea drinking, you can always go ice drinking. :o

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Mar 14, 2008, 10:59 AM »
If you own more traps than you can legally use by yourself, you more than one auger, you plan your outings at least a week in advance, and if you talk about being on the ice like it was a vacation, then it's no longer a hobby.

My only other reason is that it's the time between open water seasons.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.