The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Idiots!!!! Antelope shooting suspects in custody.  (Read 8799 times)

Offline turbo 42

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Idiots!!!! Antelope shooting suspects in custody.
« Reply #30 on: Feb 17, 2008, 09:51 PM »
i hope that was'nt directed to me because i am no saint but uh i surley dont go out doing things of that nature maybe some stupid teenage normal crap. Are you saying you go kill aimals like that for fun idk what you mean there? but i did nothing to deserve being put down if i thats what your saying. all i did was post my thoughts on the subject! like i said some would agree some would'nt you have your opinion i have mine lets not be rude about it.
i'll still fish when hell freezes

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
« Reply #31 on: Feb 17, 2008, 11:45 PM »
I dont think you should post anymore,you obviously have no idea whats going on and you want everything to be about you,its not.

Offline icebugler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 17, 2008, 11:49 PM »
the funny thing about all these posts where people get to put their 2 cents in is that everyone has something to disagree about. its your opinion its my opinion stuff, no one needs to be put down, but these kids do not need to be as punished as SOME have thought, obviously they will be. mind you this is my 2 cents as well but i'm 20, ive messed up, more than once trust me. they will have to deal with their punishment just as everyone else has had to deal with theirs. this is an ice fishing website, where we all get along and talk about fishing. these boys are going to wish they could take back every one of those shots that were fired that night. its too bad, but the law will take care of it. we are just on the side. good fishing all  :thumbsup:

Offline TipupNomad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 18, 2008, 01:12 AM »
The ole boys left 100s of pounds of food on the ground to rot. It would be interesting to see them have to eat on what they'd killed for a couple of days once they had been apprehended.

Fines, service, and loss of property and privileges will be an instant wake up.

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
« Reply #34 on: Feb 18, 2008, 02:04 AM »
WOW THERE IS A TON OF GUYS ON HERE THAT NEVER DID ANYTHING STUPID AND ILLEGAL WHILE THEY WERE YOUNG........and just because ou didnt get caught dont make you a saint,get real.

We aren't talking about jay walking or having one fish too many over your limit.  They shot 10 animals and left them to rot.  Yeah I did illegal things when I was younger, but nothing as atrocious as this.  These boys weren't 8 or 9 years old when they did this; one was 19, and the other 18.  That's old enough to know better, and in my eyes they should be tried as adult and receive the maximum sentence allowed by law. Just my $.02.

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
« Reply #35 on: Feb 18, 2008, 02:36 AM »
Make them pay court costs, give them a few days in jail - just to shake them up. Put them on probation with lose of hunting and fishing preiveleges for 20 or so years or even lifetime. Make them do community service for at leat a 1000 hours with F & G on the road kill patrol and make them go and pick up all the dead rotten stinking carcass and dispose of them properly.

Then ban them from owning or carrying any firearms for ten years. While they think about what they did wrong.

This story really scares me that there are kids shooting and killing things illegaly in that area. We have friends who live on the road to Canyon ferry lake near Helena and bullets can travel a long distance in those parts.

But this isn't the only time or place this happens either. Hopefully no matter what punishment they get, they will have learned their lesson and will grow up to be upstanding citizens in that community in a couple of years and teach their children on not to do what they did.

Offline travisj88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 18, 2008, 03:18 AM »
If they are convicted of a felony they will never be allowed to own a firearm.  I think they should have a large fine with much community service.  Too bad they can't specify where the community service is served.  If they could see all the work that fish and game do and all the stupid stuff people do that they have to fix that might be an eye opener.  If they are not convicted of a felony they should be banned from owning a firearm for 5 to 10 years.  At their age by that time they should have matured considerably.  It's just sad situation.  You don't want to destroy their lives at this young age but they must be punished and learn that everyone has to live by certain standards.  I hope they learn this and go on to have productive lives. 
Travis

Offline cutbow_07

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 18, 2008, 09:02 PM »
Yeah interestingly enough I played football with chase and against him.  Played with him in the MT All-star game and against him in all my years in high school.  Fished with him all the time when I was in grade school and am absolutely stunned that this happened.  I've known the family and cliff for a long time and cant imagine the repercussions that are waiting for them whenever they get out.  If people think this is a rare incicdent they are very mislead.  Poaching is very common and I have had to deal with it personally and we have had to close down a lot of our land to hunting sadly.  Taking away their hunting rights and rifles will definitely hit them hard. 

Offline andercee

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Feb 18, 2008, 11:36 PM »
given the chance, an antelope would kill you and everyone you care about

Offline travisj88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 19, 2008, 02:01 AM »
given the chance, an antelope would kill you and everyone you care about
??? ??? ???

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
« Reply #40 on: Feb 19, 2008, 05:22 AM »
LOL,thats right the little buggers were getting grouped up for a suicide attack on Townsend,they did us a favor!WOW

Offline muley69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Feb 20, 2008, 06:29 PM »
One of the things that always bugs me is that people are willing to string up anybody for a poaching crime.  These were antelope, you know, animals?  I am not in anyway excusing their crime, but they don't need to be hung either.  I think the felony charge needs to be dropped.  They are two young men, not kids, but young none the less.  This may be the last illegal crime they ever commit, now should we stick them with a lifetime felony record?  I don't think so.  What I think is better serving is a lengthy probation term.  That will give the state plenty of rope to hang them with if they commit a crime in the next several years.  Suspend the felony charge but bring it back up if they have legal troubles in the future.  Give them a chance to walk the straight and narrow path for several years, and if they don't, then drop the hammer.  A few weekends in jail, some community service, and some hefty fines are also in order. I just hate so see a 40 year old man not able to take his kid hunting over a stupid decesion made 20 years before.  Lets all be a little reasonable.

Offline lingslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 20, 2008, 09:16 PM »
very good point muley69

Offline MTpike

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Catch and Release into BACON GREASE!!!
« Reply #43 on: Feb 20, 2008, 10:57 PM »
Ha Ha  :laugh:. Holy crap guys, :o C'mon get a life. Grown men don't need to be sitting around on an ice-fishing website all day bickering about something in the news that YOU CANT CHANGE. What they did was terrible, but really what a waste of time to keep arguing about it.
Another thing, what does this have to do with Ice-fishing ??? ???

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
« Reply #44 on: Feb 20, 2008, 11:56 PM »
They were shot right next to one of our spots,and I dont see why we  shouldnt discuss anything interesting.

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Feb 21, 2008, 03:28 AM »
Ha Ha  :laugh:. Holy crap guys, :o C'mon get a life. Grown men don't need to be sitting around on an ice-fishing website all day bickering about something in the news that YOU CANT CHANGE. What they did was terrible, but really what a waste of time to keep arguing about it.
Another thing, what does this have to do with Ice-fishing ??? ???

Last time I checked this was a public forum where we could state our opinions.

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Nov 12, 2008, 10:44 PM »
Just thought I'd post this for all to see.

HELENA - Two men from Three Forks have admitted they illegally killed 10 antelope last February, east of Canyon Ferry Lake.
Twenty-year-old Ryon Bullock and 19-year-old Chase Parker each pleaded guilty to a felony count of unlawful possession of game animals and one misdemeanor count of hunting during a closed season, waste of fish or game, hunting with the aid of an artificial light and shooting from a roadway. They entered the pleas last week in Broadwater County District Court.

Judge Dorothy McCarter gave each defendant a three-year probationary sentence on the felony charge. They also lost hunting, fishing and trapping privileges for eight years on the combined felony and misdemeanor charges. And they were ordered to pay $3,400 in restitution and to forfeit the firearms used in the poaching incident.

Here is the website/article.
http://www.abcmontana.com/news/state/26867514.html

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #47 on: Nov 13, 2008, 09:03 AM »
seems to me they got off kind of easy...

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #48 on: Nov 13, 2008, 06:57 PM »
seems to me they got off kind of easy...
  ditto.  the fact that these guys and others who have been convicted of similar crimes can plea bargain their way out of this through their lawyers, being allowed to get their privileges back after a few years and some community service/probation, sends the wrong message.

Offline Seedtree

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The older I get, the better I was.
« Reply #49 on: Nov 13, 2008, 08:57 PM »
I agree they got off easy.  With the felony conviction though, I believe they will be limited to bow hunting even after they get their hunting rights back.

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
« Reply #50 on: Nov 13, 2008, 09:12 PM »
in my own opinion....something like that should involve a tall tree and a short piece of rope......make an example of em....but since they are kids, let em learn there lesson by cleaning up the mess, and then put em to work on a major ranch cleaning stalls, feeding hogs, cleaning public outhouses, the nastiest kind of work you can find....work em from dawn to dusk, no free time, then make em pay for their own meals. after that stick em with fines.....thatll teach em a hard lesson theyll never forget.
TEAM ALASKA          :bow: Pray For Ice! :icefish:

Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #51 on: Nov 13, 2008, 09:23 PM »
 jkw..........I agree! kill them ignorant children ???

This deal suks the whole way around, but I don't think they should be fitted for a noose!
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
Blue-toppin.........and lip-rippin
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #52 on: Nov 14, 2008, 11:38 AM »
in my own opinion....something like that should involve a tall tree and a short piece of rope......make an example of em....but since they are kids, let em learn there lesson by cleaning up the mess, and then put em to work on a major ranch cleaning stalls, feeding hogs, cleaning public outhouses, the nastiest kind of work you can find....work em from dawn to dusk, no free time, then make em pay for their own meals. after that stick em with fines.....thatll teach em a hard lesson theyll never forget.

Feed hogs in Montana?????

They definitely got off easy
I'd have their hunting, trapping, and fishing privileges revoked forever

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #53 on: Nov 16, 2008, 11:13 AM »
I gotta agree with Moot, you mess up ONCE poaching and you're DONE!  No more hunting for you!

Once a poacher, always a poacher....if the reasoning exists in a man that makes it o.k. and justifiable once, it will once again be justifiable no matter how long the suspension...

Offline cutbow_07

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Nov 16, 2008, 09:44 PM »
Yeah I have to agree with ya there......I already reported 3 antelope that were let lay and not even gutted out when I was out checkn pasture.  Irritating and unnerving considering our cattle were directly behind them.  Poaching is only getting worse though and with the current number of wardens, each one is responsible for 2000sq. miles.  It's the public that needs to step up and so does the upper echelon of the fwp.  The wardens can only do so much with what they are given from their superiors.

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #55 on: Nov 16, 2008, 09:51 PM »
yep, people need to let the wardens know if they come across anything; this is a growing problem that needs to be nipped in the bud.   >:(

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Nov 22, 2008, 11:43 PM »
I`m not against a man takin a critter if it means feeding His Family or letting them go hungry BUT!!!! I am against anyone whom would shoot and leave a critter to rot even if its only a lowley Cottontail.If Ya do`nt want or need it leave it alone...

"Every hour spent fishing is NOT taken from ones life"Quote from Grant Boyson

Offline muley69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Nov 25, 2008, 05:02 PM »
I gotta agree with Moot, you mess up ONCE poaching and you're DONE!  No more hunting for you!

Once a poacher, always a poacher....if the reasoning exists in a man that makes it o.k. and justifiable once, it will once again be justifiable no matter how long the suspension...
Thats absurd.  Once a thief always a thief right?  I got caught stealing a bottle of booze when I was 17, went to jail for it too.  Today, I have a college degree with honors, three wonderful kids, married for 13 happy years, and own a successful business for over ten.  I donate to charity and coach/ref many different kids sports.  Oh, and I have never stolen anything again, ever.  I can only hope that none of you are ever judged the way you seem willing to judge others, hope your athiest.  For the record, I don't feel a felony conviction on ones record for the rest of their life is "getting off easy".  They can never purchase or possess a firearm again, ergo, can never legally hunt again.  They can never join the service, apply for any kind of job with any security clearance etc.   :(

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #58 on: Nov 26, 2008, 09:50 AM »

Dang,  Let this poor old thread die already.  please please please....  :wacko:

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.