Author Topic: Icegator  (Read 18045 times)

Offline Walleyemaniac

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Icegator
« Reply #30 on: Jan 02, 2009, 04:01 PM »
   Just a suggestion to everyone had mine out in the rain lying on the ice I was in the shanty. Went home later and didn't think anything about it being in the back of the truck under the top. Got cold, next time we went out the buttons stuck down locking it on. Got it out but was sticking everytime we tried to use it. So I'd say take it in after rains to dry out!!  CW :)

Offline stag

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's what I do....
« Reply #31 on: Jan 02, 2009, 04:06 PM »
Anyone know where I can get my hands on one ? Thought I could find one today....but NOOOOOOO everyone is sold out ....
Duane

Offline gruntngrin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 02, 2009, 08:12 PM »
Anyone know where I can get my hands on one ? Thought I could find one today....but NOOOOOOO everyone is sold out ....

Where do you live they are made up by the northeast corner of Indiana

Offline fisheye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 02, 2009, 08:23 PM »
I ordered mine last year directly from the factory in Ohio. Here is the Sales Reps name and #. Its a great company with a great product. I would highly recommend you go through Jeff to get one.
Jeff Tuttle
Sales
Ph: 260-573-9458
Fax: 419-542-5749
Email: [email protected]

Offline stag

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's what I do....
« Reply #34 on: Jan 02, 2009, 09:55 PM »
I live in N.W. Indiana, too far to drive ( even though I seriously thought about it ) thanks for all the info fisheye...I will get ahold of Jeff a.s.a.p
Duane

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 02, 2009, 10:36 PM »
   Just a suggestion to everyone had mine out in the rain lying on the ice I was in the shanty. Went home later and didn't think anything about it being in the back of the truck under the top. Got cold, next time we went out the buttons stuck down locking it on. Got it out but was sticking everytime we tried to use it. So I'd say take it in after rains to dry out!!  CW :)

Paying that kind of money...........I wouldn't let a snow flake hit it.

Offline Walleyemaniac

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #36 on: Jan 03, 2009, 07:46 AM »
   It wasn't raining till a couple hours later. Forgot it was sitting outside. Once it dried out it was as good as new. Great product will take the elements. CW

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #37 on: Jan 03, 2009, 08:32 AM »
hmmm  maybe some dieletric silicone spray to prevent it?    never thought about raining when out   esp up here  lol
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Carp1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish On Ice sure is Nice!
« Reply #38 on: Jan 07, 2009, 10:45 PM »
O.K. I got to chime in on this Icegator.... as the ice thikens, and my old gas auger is not wanting to start, and last year was giving us trouble cutting even after new blades, I thought the Icegator to be an option.  I have been very impressed with the video, and everyone's testimony on here is nothing but steller, so I go to the web site yesterday to price one thinking it should be pretty reasonable. 
All I can say is I have a bit of sticker shock!!! I expected this item to be considerably less than a Jiffy or Strikmaster gas auger but I was mistaken?  I am just surprised the cost is $389.00 when I have to use my ol auger.  It just doesn't seem like it should be that expensive for an electric motor, the batteries and the adaptor.  I figured it would be at least half the cost of a conventional top of the line gas auger?  Am I missing something?  Again, very impressive peice of equiptment, but I guess I am going to have to save up for a while to get one. :(
Carp

Offline littled62

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 219-670-9620
« Reply #39 on: Jan 08, 2009, 05:40 AM »
they are not cheap, but they work great and real fast, by the time you get a gas auger started the icegater will be on its 3rd or 4th hole, the wife can't start our gas one, 2 weeks ago on bass lake she played with one for a few holes and never had a problem, except the first hole she wasn't ready for it to cut thru the ice that fast and she almost drooped it! so I've already been told what she wants for her birthday in the fall!! I thought at first it was a lot of money, until I actually used one

Offline icezombie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 08, 2009, 05:52 AM »

Where do you live they are made up by the northeast corner of Indiana

got mine at big d's bait in angola last year

Offline pearcheyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #41 on: Jan 09, 2009, 05:57 PM »

well I got my Icegator today,and let me be the first to promote this product.I took my son to a local pond for a test drive.I had him time me for 5 minutes.I drilled 20 holesthrough 5''-6" ice.WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL L WORTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHH the$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Offline danb2285

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Jan 13, 2009, 01:39 PM »
My buddy has one. But i think his is faulty. He's only gettin 30 holes a day at the most with 8 inches of ice. The guy at the shop told us he would get around 90  holes in 15 inches of ice. he runs a 5 inch laser on it. and has the smaller battery model. Anyone else have this probelm??

Offline Boatsunk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 13, 2009, 01:49 PM »
I have the 9V. model and cannot say enough good about it.  Have been getting well over 100 holes (6" to 8" of ice) between charges.  My brother has a gas auger and doesn't even bring it when we go out together.    :)

Offline gaddabout

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can't catch um-hunt um!
« Reply #44 on: Jan 18, 2009, 08:39 PM »
Friend and I went together and bought the attacker Icegator this week. AWESOME is all I can say this thing goes thru 12 inches of ice like it is 2 in thick. Wow what a machine MADE IN AMERICA stamped all over it....COOL So simple to use a child could use it, well a good sized child. Best thing to come ice fishing since the VEX.....Well worth the $$$$$...... :-X.Gaddabout
Fishy Fishy In da Brook,Come Bite On Grandpa's Hook!

Gaddabout is my nickname, No affiliation with the newspaper.

Offline feelthposehooks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Feb 02, 2009, 01:13 PM »
check with Lake Michigan Tackle in Michigan City. I hear Jerry is opening up this weekend and he is a dealer That's where I got mine!!! I preordered mine but he was talking about stocking them

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:10 AM »
Have you checked the list of dealers on the Ice Gator web site? There may be one close to you.
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Offline Huppie

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I told my wife I was going fishing
« Reply #47 on: Oct 14, 2009, 04:46 PM »
Hows the ice in South Dakota?Later

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Oct 14, 2009, 04:58 PM »
What about 30 inches of ice and -20 degree temps?  Anyone tested them in those conditons?  Will they hold a charge if left in the cold?
Be nice for the wheelhouse if it works.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #49 on: Oct 15, 2009, 07:30 AM »
42" of ice and way below 20 below!!   not an issue!

Offline littled62

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 219-670-9620
« Reply #50 on: Oct 20, 2009, 01:58 PM »
ordered the wife one for her birthday, they have a new model comming out this year + they have a closeout sale till the end of Oct.

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Oct 25, 2009, 11:27 AM »
ordered the wife one for her birthday, they have a new model comming out this year + they have a closeout sale till the end of Oct.
How good is the special?
Tom

Offline Irish Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Oct 25, 2009, 11:31 AM »
The sale ended oct.15th

Offline musicmanmobiledj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Jan 01, 2010, 09:17 PM »
i have had my gator for 3 years now and i love it and i am still using the original batteries with and 8 mora auger the only thing i done was make a new adaptor the lightweight aluminum one tore after the second year but they may have changed that by now i am not sure glad i bought my when i did cause they are worth it amd i know you are not supposed to use it for other drilling but i planted 150 pines with it this spring and only charged because we had to go get more beer

Offline littled62

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 219-670-9620
« Reply #54 on: Jan 01, 2010, 10:46 PM »
today was the 2nd day to use ours, just got it last week, only 1 word to say about it "sweeeet", I hope to never have to use another gas auger agian

Offline flipstick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Jan 02, 2010, 01:12 PM »
Will it work with a 7 inch lazer It will work with probably most augers as long as the diameter of the handle is the same.  If not, I think they have an attachement that will make it work.

Offline flipstick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Jan 02, 2010, 01:14 PM »
what is the advantage over a cordless drill, besides the battery life?
  LOL There is no comparison, The icegator has two batteries and I've seen people trying to use a cordless drill and they can't cut nearly as many holes as the gator will.

Offline flipstick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Jan 02, 2010, 01:17 PM »
I bought one last year after my best buddy and fishing buddy talked me into it.  I had a heart attack in August of 2008 and he was concerned I could have a recurrance.  I was hesitant at first but sold a bunch of fishing stuff I don't use anymore to raise the money.  WOW, was I impressed with it.  In 8 inches of ice I could zip right through in a lot less time and exertion with my hand auger. 

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #58 on: Jan 02, 2010, 07:00 PM »
told ya all so!

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Jan 03, 2010, 10:48 PM »
this is my 2nd year with the gator. i dont leave home with out it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.