The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Just Ordered a new Icegator Auger  (Read 6275 times)

Offline icemonster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Just Ordered a new Icegator Auger
« Reply #30 on: Jan 30, 2008, 10:52 PM »
I'm sure it's a sweet machine Don. My old jiffy never let me down in 18 years of fishing. Just tired of smelling like gas.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #31 on: Jan 31, 2008, 11:32 AM »
Yeah, that bothers me too and I actually considered the elec model, but I've gotten years of service out of the old Jif and now 4X4Elk has it and I think it'll serve him well too.  :tipup: ;D

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 31, 2008, 12:53 PM »
I am going to need a new auger one of these years and was checking out the Icegator on the link to Iceshanty.com.  In their website they say that you should only use a 6" auger or smaller, and that using a larger diameter will void the warrantee.

So is it safe to use an 8" auger?

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #33 on: Jan 31, 2008, 01:08 PM »
they are developing an auger drive fit to handle an 8"; i don't know if it is on the market yet, but i wouldn't run an 8" on the 6" drive....  dorado, are you gonna do the fremont derby?  we just got one of the last three hotel rooms in pinedale for those two nights.  you should come out with us if you don't have plans already.

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #34 on: Jan 31, 2008, 01:18 PM »
 The 8" models are for sale now but limited stock for season! 2 options 9 amp hr. batteries or 12 amp. hr. batteries. I can't wait for mine to show up, hopefully in time for me to use this weekend, I'm going to put my 8" lazer on it.
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline legerski82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 31, 2008, 01:40 PM »
I bought the 8''  fish307 is where I got mine they hooked me up with the double blade eskimo for fifty bucks.

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Jan 31, 2008, 01:48 PM »
BD.  We were discussing the Fremont derby last weekend, I am pretty sure we will be going (last year was the first year I missed since about 1998).  As I remember the weather was atrocious!

If we go, I imagine we will be fishing the same area as you, at least to start off.

Speaking of that spot, did you catch that hog out where you first were fishing last Saturday?  The fishing was so good Saturday we went back out on Sunday Morning and saw that someone had come over to our holes, even added a few more...I ended up landing 8 more up to 4-5 lbs before the wind blew us off by 10 a.m.  As of yesterday you could still drive to Sylvan Bay...

Offline BottomDweller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Wyoming
« Reply #37 on: Jan 31, 2008, 02:09 PM »
dorado.  we put on on the upper boat dock and then drove all the way to the top of the lake, where no one had gone yet.  spud caught a couple regular fish, but then it slowed down a little, so we packed up and went to the east bar.  that's where i caught it.

Offline bitzlecocker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 01, 2008, 03:27 AM »
     No problem buddy, just so you know he's him and I'm me, but just to add something of my own flavoring here, I think I'll stick with that new high end Jiffy I bought a few weeks ago,  3hp lightweight jet black "XL" or something like that. very smooth. laters,
                                                              Theeeeeeeeeeee (only) LT  ;D

That's the 4 stroke model, is it not?

Offline legerski82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 03, 2008, 12:45 PM »
Took the icegator out drilled seven holes good then totally quit.  Tried charging and it will not work anymore  ruined my weekend.

Offline gillhog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 03, 2008, 01:00 PM »
Took the icegator out drilled seven holes good then totally quit.  Tried charging and it will not work anymore  ruined my weekend.
did you check the battery terminals that the are sticking up making good tight contact? mine were a little loose one morning and burnt the tips

Offline legerski82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 03, 2008, 02:28 PM »
Ya tried that .  Got a hold of there salesman he was cool and says he will make things right

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.