Author Topic: Anyone using Showdown fish finder  (Read 20408 times)

Offline Crazy4Smallmouth

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Anyone using Showdown fish finder
« Reply #30 on: Mar 02, 2010, 10:18 PM »
I made a short 5 minute demonstration video of my showdown in action on the ice. Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClBo7g_g310

Offline gotcrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Mar 05, 2010, 09:47 PM »
Nice video, I have no complaints about my showdown! 

Offline xcr440

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Mar 07, 2010, 10:41 AM »
how does this work in shallow water say 10ft? Also were did you guys get it for $220-$230 range looking at getting one  next year.
Works great. I bought a Aqua view VRP. Same thing as a showdown but with the older programing. I need to send it in to get the updates but anyways. I was fishing in 8.5FOW next to my fl8 with no issues. Was seeing and spotting fish just as well.

Offline xcr440

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Mar 10, 2010, 11:01 AM »
Anyone know where to get a owners manual??

Offline LLCOOL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Mar 31, 2010, 09:34 PM »
Hi, Have the older VPG, Works great no issues with it. however I want to send it in for the upgrade for the new features for next year. Have been to thier website but no reply.  Has anybody had any issues when sending it in for the upgrades. Any help would be appreciated, Contact info, links,

Thanks

LL

Offline rlvb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fishie says "Why you looking at me like that?"
« Reply #35 on: Apr 12, 2010, 08:52 PM »
Hi, Have the older VPG, Works great no issues with it. however I want to send it in for the upgrade for the new features for next year. Have been to thier website but no reply.  Has anybody had any issues when sending it in for the upgrades. Any help would be appreciated, Contact info, links,

Thanks

LL
i have e-mailed them several times also to have the upgrades done on mine but haven't heard back either,going to have to call them instead i guess. hope i can get something done then
born to fish---forced to work

Offline LLCOOL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Apr 15, 2010, 07:45 AM »
i have e-mailed them several times also to have the upgrades done on mine but haven't heard back either,going to have to call them instead i guess. hope i can get something done then

When You get a reply from them or actually get to talk with them, let me know as well, I will do the same when and if I get in touch with them,
Been trying since March Good luck

LL

Offline xcr440

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2010, 01:26 PM »
I have emailed nature vision 2 times. Got a responce in less than 24 hours. I sent mine in today to get the upgrade.

Offline LLCOOL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2010, 09:34 PM »
I have emailed nature vision 2 times. Got a responce in less than 24 hours. I sent mine in today to get the upgrade.

Hey XCR can you give me the email address and what address you sent in your showdown for the upgrade,

I have been emailing Versa Electronics, not nature vision they deal with the aqua vu units. However if you have contacted them and they gave you instructions where to send it great I would like to know.

Thanks in advance

LL

Offline xcr440

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2010, 08:05 PM »
Sorry, it was versa not nature vision.
Versa Electronics

3943 Quebec Ave N

Minneapolis MN 55427

[email protected]

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2010, 11:55 AM »
stepson bought one   it is a pretty good unit   but  bring spare fuze with you blows them for no reason  lol
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline xcr440

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2010, 03:47 PM »
I got mine back today. Too bad I have to wait 6+ months to use it. turn around was 1 week.

Offline mrjohnny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • to cold for me to fish..i'm packin up
« Reply #42 on: Mar 02, 2014, 05:06 PM »
I made a short 5 minute demonstration video of my showdown in action on the ice. Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClBo7g_g310

looks like your using fly line...lmao
too cold ....aint going out there..

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Mar 03, 2014, 09:10 AM »
I bought a Showdown Dual Beam two years ago and absolutely love it.  It's simple to use and works as advertised.  I like the 1/2 inch target separation, the vertical display, runs quietly - no constant humming of a flasher, and no looking at a multi-colored circle. 

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #44 on: Mar 03, 2014, 04:06 PM »
A guy who fishes in my shack with me has a 5.6. It almost went down the hole the other day he has had nothing but problems with it. It has been back to marcum 4 times in two seasons and will work OK for a bit then go back to crap every time. He just went and bought an fl-20 last year.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline Glowjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Mar 03, 2014, 08:00 PM »
I am going through the same crap right now. toofuss i sent you a pm.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #46 on: Mar 04, 2014, 10:13 PM »
I got an fl12 my buddy has a showdown.

I like it. Today we were jigging and he walked to a new hole and jigged but left his showdown, I went over fished the hole using his showdown. I had no issues with it. It marks fish. He eventually wound up at my old hole using my fl12, he liked it too.

Yes, we sometimes jig without or flashers if the holes are close enough together and/or the water is not too deep.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Glowjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Mar 06, 2014, 12:52 PM »
I would advise against sending an aquaview in for the upgrade to 5.6. I have had nothing but a headache since sending mine in. It has been nearly 6 weeks and I am getting ready to send it back to Marcum for the 3rd time this winter. My aquaview worked great before the upgrade and since the upgrade it doesn't work at all. Marcum has been a pain to deal with about it. Maybe because it is not originally their product and I am not a registered owner with a warranty, but hey they broke it. Own up to your mistake and fix the problem. This experience has left me fishing without sonar most of this ice season.  I sent them a working sonar unit and paid $50 for the upgrade and they send me back a broken unit. So I sent it back to them and they returned it broken again. I have paid $43 dollars in shipping so far. They never answer the phone and do not return phone calls. I only get one line responses through email. I have been waiting for a ups shipping order from them for over a week so that I can send it back to them a 3rd time. If I could go back and do it again I would have kept the aqua view as backup and bought a different brand flasher from a company that has respect for their customers.. I was planning on ordering an Lx-5 this summer but will never own a Marcum product after this experience.

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Mar 06, 2014, 07:16 PM »
Elite 4x has more features less cost. Color screen too. Not impressed by the Showdown...
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.