Author Topic: heys just a boy  (Read 13068 times)

Offline camocrazy82

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here Fishy, Fishy, Fishy!
Re: heys just a boy
« Reply #30 on: Feb 21, 2009, 07:32 PM »
Some parents are doing their job, my boy just today after I bought him a toy gun says " Dad The scope is on wrong", sure enough it was!

Offline bigtreeman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 28, 2009, 09:42 AM »
 :D Funny stories. Can you imagin how many ice scoops are laying at the bottom of lakes and ponds all over the country......hhhhmmmmm mmm. Maybe I should go into the ice scoop business ;D As for guns, I consider myself a member of the "dings be damn club". I've got an OLD mossberg 500 I bought new when I was a kid for about $125 at Montgomery Wards. I still hunt ducks with it and have been swimming with it more than once while wading after a downed duck ::) Damned submerged tree stumps :roflmao: Still shoots as well as it did when I got it and I have a Hard time justifing buying a new one ::) Don't sweat the small suff because you will miss out on the good stuff :icefish:

Offline andercee

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Oct 11, 2009, 01:48 AM »
I got that look from my dad when I dropped a mag light down the hole.  I'm sure about everyone here has that experience.  How else would we learn anything?

Offline rubline

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Oct 11, 2009, 03:48 PM »
 I bought both my boys there own scoop and traps.  Told them they are responsible for them.  Its been 3 years but so far nothing has been lost or damaged.  I have one scoop that was my grandfathers that stays home for the memorys.  Im glad to hear all the stories of taking kids ice fishing, wish my dad had taken me.  Ive been inviting him for years and he still hasnt made an appearance, guess he doesnt know what hes missing.  Good luck this season everyone and lets keep the losses to a minimum.

Offline anglinarcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Nov 11, 2009, 01:07 PM »
As a kid, maybe ten years old I dropped an ice spud down a hole in about thirty foot of water. I t originally belonged to my grandpa. My dad alway reminded me to keep the teather around my arm ::). Well after openning up the hole with someone else auger or spud I fished that hole with a big spoon until I snagged the teather. when I brought that spud up you would have thought that I had just caught a trophy laker.

Now that spud is in the back of my truck. And I always remind my son to keep that teather around his arm.....

Offline Tainterslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Nov 13, 2009, 12:09 PM »
Not sure if you ice fished as a kid, but my dad took me out a lot.
I lost a lot of stuff... lots of depth finders. Lots of scoopers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.