Author Topic: Long Lake  (Read 5638 times)

Offline littled62

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 219-670-9620
Re: Long Lake
« Reply #30 on: Dec 31, 2007, 01:26 AM »
me and the wife were out there, all I got was 1 small gil, the wife = 0 :-[
1st time i've beat here in a long time ;D thinking about going back out tomorow
afternoon... ps be careful over the deep holes, went out over the deep one on the north end, only
about 2" or less had it cracking under my weight...

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Dec 31, 2007, 09:25 AM »
Hop_head
Were you in a Black shanty, three of us were just north of you or right out from ramp almost.Slow bite-fished till about about 2 hrs after dark.
Tom
Tom

Offline cooner2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 31, 2007, 11:34 AM »
I too was out on Long yesterday in a clam pro next to a clam scout just north east of the boat ramp.  Didn't do too well caught a little gill and a small warmouth.

:tipup:

see ya on the ice
JC

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Dec 31, 2007, 11:42 AM »
Cooner2 did you have your son with as well?
Tom

Offline cooner2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Dec 31, 2007, 01:37 PM »
Wallin,

No I was out there alone a few hours b4 dark and stayed till 9:00 PM

see you on the ice!

:tipup:
JC

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 31, 2007, 02:48 PM »
We were the first few guys from the ramp,my son was north of the ramp by himself and had a couple rockbass.
Tom

Offline Armyman2007

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Slough Gills"
« Reply #36 on: Dec 31, 2007, 04:32 PM »
I have been skunked the last 2 days on long. I tried crappie minnows on tip ups today straight east of the public access ramp in the center of the lake from 11 a.m. till 3 p.m. without a hit. I don't know what I am doing wrong  :-\ I want to go out again tomorrow but it is going to be COLD!

Offline Carp1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish On Ice sure is Nice!
« Reply #37 on: Dec 31, 2007, 04:48 PM »
I fished long today from 6:30 am to 11:00 am.  Fished in 9 to 14 fow.  Managed to ice 2 nice red ears, 3 nice blue gill, 1 warmouth, and one small perch.  The bite was on between 7:00 and 8:00 am then it really slowed down.  Could have left at 8:30 and saved some time.  I was happy with what I got though.
I may be back on Long tomorrow.

I did here the fellas on loomis were catching quite a few crappie, but I heard most of them were dinks.

Happy New Years to all.
Carp

Offline IceMan74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 31, 2007, 05:26 PM »
Whats going on with all these warmouths being caught???  Where are they coming from?
Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Dec 31, 2007, 06:14 PM »
I think they are a cross bewteen a bluegill and largemough bass. Anyone know 4 sure?

Offline Hop_Head

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Jig! Jig! Jig!
« Reply #40 on: Dec 31, 2007, 08:46 PM »
Wallin, yea my boy and I were in the black fabill. I think I talked to one of you at the bait shop.

Happy New Year!

Jim

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Dec 31, 2007, 09:06 PM »
Hey there hop head that was us three at the bait shop- Happy New Year to you and your family.We'll fish again.
Tom

Armyman2007- lot of people have been getting skunked, maybe make sure your close to or in the weeds and it seems like right at dark or first day break, no bites then keep moving.Them boys they are getting them, fish them lakes alot ,and know where they are, keep moving till you get on them-fish just a few inches from bottom and use a bobber spring-very lite bites they say.My boy and friend went to Long this afternoon till dark and only got 1 or 2 small ones.
Good luck
Tom
Tom

Offline IceMan74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 01, 2008, 10:44 AM »
I have been skunked the last 2 days on long. I tried crappie minnows on tip ups today straight east of the public access ramp in the center of the lake from 11 a.m. till 3 p.m. without a hit. I don't know what I am doing wrong  :-\ I want to go out again tomorrow but it is going to be COLD!

On tip-ups out there use med size pike minnows or large bass minnows.  If you get your bait at country bait shop ask to see both and the ones about 4-6 inches are the best.

Offline Carp1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish On Ice sure is Nice!
« Reply #43 on: Jan 02, 2008, 11:25 AM »
Fished Long again this morning, but only for a brief time.  I had my six year old son with me and no shanty....He got too cold too quick.  I fished under the power lines and managed 1 nice red ear in the first 10 minutes we were there (didn't get out until about 8:00 am).  I was marking more fish, but they had the long lake lock jaw.  I am sure if I could have put more time into it I would have enticed a few more to bite.  Only fished about 30 minutes in all.  The one that bit sure was a soft bite, not sure I would have gotten him if it wasn't for (1) the Vex, and (2) my spring Bobber.  12 to 14 foot seems to be key.  Those red ears sure are nice out there though. :)

Saw a few other shantys out there.  Most just to the right of the ramp.  On Black frabill, and two blue one man's.  Any report from those guys?

Ice was a bit sloppy with all the snow, and the old holes are buried, but not frozen... my sons foot found a hidden one on the way in.

Tight Lines
Carp

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jan 02, 2008, 08:19 PM »
Hey Carp1, The bite a long has not been very good this year so far. In the past I would kill the gills on early ice. I mean 25+ everyday. They sure haven't been in my honey hole this year. Its good we got the ice early maybe I will have time to find them.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline tarantula

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Jan 03, 2008, 07:29 AM »
Im with you there on that one High Flags. I think the bite
on Long has really stunk. Wish it would pick up a little
cause Im tired of making the trek to Loomis bay.

Offline IceMan74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 03, 2008, 12:05 PM »
Went to North long this moring in the cold, drilled a hole and put the Aqua-view down saw about 30 fish with in 10 min but no takers they would look at the bait then swim off.  I also saw a nice northern looked about 3-4 pounds looking right at the camara. 2 flags but only one fish landed.

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #47 on: Jan 03, 2008, 04:32 PM »
How much ice on Long now? Thanks. C-ya. Crappie Rob.
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Jan 03, 2008, 06:17 PM »
I was out there today, got my limit on crappie. Cold man thought i was gonna freeze into the lake .MOst fish were 9 inchers a few smaller, you kinda just have to know this lake to catch em

Offline IceMan74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jan 04, 2008, 12:22 AM »
Where were you fishing ispoman, if you don't mind me asking?

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
« Reply #50 on: Jan 04, 2008, 07:25 AM »
Sure like to see a limit of crappie in a picture, havent seen a limit of crappie out of Long in ages that were keepers, I,d be  :o

Offline tarantula

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 04, 2008, 07:06 PM »
was on long this morning...5 redear, many little bass,
and 2 perch...hopefully things are looking up!!!

Offline cat35fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Jan 04, 2008, 11:12 PM »
Just got back from the north end of long tonight. Fished for three hours has a lot of bites but only  got one nice 9" crappie. DNR was out to check on things.

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Jan 05, 2008, 06:21 PM »
Derslayr (bambie killer)= i am too busy jigging and rigging and hearing flipping to take a picture. maybe you can be my photocadie :o ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.