Author Topic: Trap - peeing inside?  (Read 9055 times)

Offline fishinjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Quit Wishin, Go Fishin
Re: Trap - peeing inside?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 16, 2007, 09:48 PM »
Don't do it on the ice in WI. DNR will gladly write you a ticket.
I use 1 gallon laundry detergent bottles then dump in holes that someone drills too close to me.
http://www.shad-rapp.com/Ice%20Fish%20Baby.mp3 
Past President Okauchee Fishing Club

Offline nontypical

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 16, 2007, 10:48 PM »
Just step outside and let it fly.I'm not the bashful type...with 4" of clothes and 2" of hose....I should be.... ;D
gary you crack me up ;D ;D

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
« Reply #32 on: Dec 17, 2007, 05:40 AM »
There's no tickets given out on the farm ponds here in Central IL. Most guys just let it fly. I've peed in my 2 man, trying to hit the hole, of course, (I just cracked myself up, when I realized  the phrase, "trying to hit hole" is a pretty good sexual reference! I peed in my 1 man, but the "splatter effect" left a smell so strong, I wished I hadn't. Much more careful now! The only that was worse was 2 weeks after I just bought my new fishtrap, one of our cats got in the garage and peed all over it. Almost one dead kitty! Luckily it was summer so I could wash it down with ammonium and apply some weatherproofing spray. But after that the tent wasn't wareproof, just water-resistant. Nothing like sittin a hut with snow melting on top of it and water running down your back.
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Offline Pittsfield Pike Preditor

• IceShanty Rookie
  • drill em and fill em
« Reply #33 on: Dec 17, 2007, 09:58 AM »
I never, ever go ice fishing with out toilet paper........it always seems like as soon as i get out on the ice my body likes to play jokes on me......if you know what i mean

Offline Seedtree

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The older I get, the better I was.
« Reply #34 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:16 PM »
Last weekend I tried the "reel up and move the trap over to the downwind side, take care of business, and move back over the holes and keep working them" ploy.  Kind of a workout with all the stuff in the sled.  Also, not too enjoyable with the hunching over inside the trap and trying to free oneself from inside several layers of uncompromising clothes.  Nearly caught a cramp at a delicate moment.  This tactic does have the advantage of making other's think you are really working a hot school.  Also fakes them out as to the actual hot hole.  Can also fake yourself out though after too many barley malts.  Then, and next time, you must watch out for that yellow skine on the ice.  Don't want to melt that with the Buddy heater.  Also, can splatter inside the Trap with hard ice with no snow.

Thinking about the "large bottle with a cap" solution.  Still working out the details as to getting rid of the bottle's contents.  The "hose outside the trap" solution would work, but not if it got too cold.  Then a vicious backwash could ruin the day.

Tight lines.

Offline djkruszewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • that's one big hole.
« Reply #35 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:39 PM »
sometimes when you gotta go, you gotta go.  just make sure that your done fishing that spot, cause i didn't and it stuck in there! ???
when fisherman fish alone, do they really catch fish??

Offline last5oh_302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:42 PM »
sometimes when you gotta go, you gotta go.  just make sure that your done fishing that spot, cause i didn't and it stuck in there! ???

I may have fished that lake. I hooked a turd one day, and that sucker actually took off line!

Offline djkruszewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • that's one big hole.
« Reply #37 on: Dec 18, 2007, 09:06 AM »
I may have fished that lake. I hooked a turd one day, and that sucker actually took off line!

that was actually a 9-inch brown trout!! LOL  :thumbsup:
when fisherman fish alone, do they really catch fish??

Offline kisss my b

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Dec 18, 2007, 10:00 AM »
well here it goes, pardon the pun!!
my first post and what a pis*y conversation you guys got going on here!! first off i'm from new brunswick canada, and just wanted to say hi and I really enjoy the posts and the board.

ok - here is the solution, take a 4 litre water jug and cut out the bottom#2 take flexible hose 2" thickness black ribbed stuff you get for ponds- hadware store 2feet long, insert hose into the part where the cap was on the water bottle, just enough to put 4 screws through the plastic bottle and hose to secure them together then silicone to form a gasket so there are no leaks. then at the top put a piece of wood on both sides of the plastic so you can screw it to the shack so it doesn't move!! then 2"hole into the side of the shack and put the drain pipe through!! done, some carbon is also good, steal your wife's pantyhose and put charcole or carbon into the footpart and tie it off and put into the peee pee bucket- it stops the draft comming into the shack, still drains, and obsorbs all smell, hope this helps

Offline jkcmerg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Dec 18, 2007, 10:57 AM »
I feel your pain...all of you...I found as an avid camper and outdoorsman who take the whole family with most of the time a "Little John Portable Urinal with the Female Adaptor" works great.... do your business and dump it out....the wife like it a lot..."better than a bucket" says she....

Offline jkcmerg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Dec 18, 2007, 10:59 AM »
Forgot to tell ya...You can get them at Cabela's ect....for @ $10.  Very portable

Offline fish boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 18, 2007, 11:20 AM »
Great stuff guys keep it coming,  Love the "4"of clothes and 2"of hose" and the "Vicious backwash"  Keeping me entertained at lunch....but not that hungry!  I like the no 2 in a bag idea but what do you do when its warm out and the crows get into it???  :blink: :blink: :unsure:

Offline Turkeyhunter10ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #42 on: Dec 18, 2007, 11:26 AM »
Great stuff guys keep it coming,  Love the "4"of clothes and 2"of hose" and the "Vicious backwash"  Keeping me entertained at lunch....but not that hungry!  I like the no 2 in a bag idea but what do you do when its warm out and the crows get into it???  :blink: :blink: :unsure:

Let them enjoy a " hot " meal !

Offline winchester 88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 18, 2007, 11:30 AM »
 I carry large Gatorade Bottles in my truck,in my sled and up into my treestand when I deer hunt.
 One year I forgot to take my bottle with me up the treestand and about 10 o'clock I had to really go bad but didn't want to climb down or pee around my stand.
 I had finished a bunch of cookies that I had in a zip lock bag so I "downloaded it"
into the bag and zipped it shut.Since my hands were cold and the bag was warm I figured that it would make a good hand warmer so I put it into my hunting vest pocket and went back to concentrating on hunting.About 20 minutes later I noticed that the side of my leg was getting warm and looked down to see pee dripping off of the hem of my vest and running down my leg :-[ :-[...
 I figured that no deer it it's right mind would come around if it smelled it so I threw the bag down on the ground and later just peed over the side of the stand.
 That afternoon a doe and a button buck fawn came by and the fawn spent about 10 minutes under my stand sniffing the bag and where I had peed on the ground and it didn't seem to bother him a bit.

Winchester 88
Has the rain a father?
Or who has begotten the drops of dew?
From whose womb comes the ice?
And the frost from heaven,who gives it birth?
By the breath of God ice is given and the broad waters are frozen.
The waters harden like stone and the surface of the deep is frozen.

The book of Job.

Offline chicagill35

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Bottle Bass Guy
« Reply #44 on: Dec 18, 2007, 12:46 PM »
Just bring a cork and rubberband.
Jim

Offline last5oh_302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Dec 18, 2007, 12:48 PM »
Just don't let the rubberband go when retrieving the cork  :o

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
« Reply #46 on: Dec 18, 2007, 01:15 PM »
I keep a big coffee can with lid in my portable...the Mrs. appreciates that. It also helps "lil fellers" like me..LOL.. ;D ;D...WK
Give your son a fish, and he will eat for a day.....teach your son to fish and eventually he'll end up kicking your @ss every time you fish together!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.