The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: PACK Get Together, Who's in???  (Read 19466 times)

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Dont leave fish to find fish
Re: PACK Get Together, Who's in???
« Reply #30 on: Dec 06, 2007, 05:21 PM »
If you look at what Ken posted in the poll link we all seemed to agree with what he said!!!
Christopher S Neal
3rd place 2011 NEIT Points Race
1st Place Lilly Lake 2011
1st Place Beechwood Lake 2012

Offline nybigeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 06, 2007, 06:29 PM »
Who is Ken? I read the content of the poll. I didn't commit the writings of Ken to memory. However I do know that I never said anything to indicate that I had ruled out any option for or against any possibility. In that spirit I suggested a couple of dates for the free thinking members of the forum to consider. I speak for my own self and no one else.
nybe
Never Leave to find Fish!

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 06, 2007, 07:25 PM »
Who is Ken? I read the content of the poll. I didn't commit the writings of Ken to memory. However I do know that I never said anything to indicate that I had ruled out any option for or against any possibility. In that spirit I suggested a couple of dates for the free thinking members of the forum to consider. I speak for my own self and no one else.
nybe
I didnt say you commented him Ken is Bean he is the Mod for the PA boards. I will suggest a few dates for those free thinkers as you call how about feb 2nd or the 9th.
Christopher S Neal

Offline nybigeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 06, 2007, 08:22 PM »
That's the spirit.
nybe

Offline JAZII

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NO FLASHER? NO FISH? NO KIDDING?
« Reply #34 on: Dec 06, 2007, 09:30 PM »
That is fine and dandy, but as the year goes on the lake gets harder to catch all species. the earlier on the Pack the better. 6"-8" of ice checked by a person that fishes the Pack all the time is all that is needed.
I will update ice conditions.
JAZII

2007 1ST Perch 15 5/16"   2007 1ST Brown Trout 28 3/8"
2008 1ST BlueGill 10 7/8"
2009 2ND Perch 15"
2010 2ND Perch 16 1/8"

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 07, 2007, 01:22 AM »
I'm washing my hands of this, I've never in my life seen "GROWN" men act like this..... No matter what you say, there will ALWAYS be someone to complain about it... I tried to do something here, because someone said if we wanted a PACK get together then we should go ahead and do it.... now that we did, people are now telling ME when it should be... I'm trying to do aomething for this board, but it seems like the same people have a profound opinion about this!
Marshrat, since nothing is good enough for you, you can plan the Pack event and the NEPA,NCPA, NWPA, or whatever you wanna call it event.  I'm too old to play these baby games... grown men arguing about when it's going to be held... unreal.. A guy from Wellsboro who know's when the Pack is going to freeze...c'mon... I'm outta here!

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 07, 2007, 05:46 AM »
I'm washing my hands of this, I've never in my life seen "GROWN" men act like this..... No matter what you say, there will ALWAYS be someone to complain about it... I tried to do something here, because someone said if we wanted a PACK get together then we should go ahead and do it.... now that we did, people are now telling ME when it should be... I'm trying to do aomething for this board, but it seems like the same people have a profound opinion about this!
Marshrat, since nothing is good enough for you, you can plan the Pack event and the NEPA,NCPA, NWPA, or whatever you wanna call it event.  I'm too old to play these baby games... grown men arguing about when it's going to be held... unreal.. A guy from Wellsboro who know's when the Pack is going to freeze...c'mon... I'm outta here!
I never complained about a pack gathering and wanted one just as much as you now you know how I feel when I was being nice and trying to do something for the site with setting up the 1st gathering. I have never even been on the lake Bean (Ken) recommend the lake in Feb that is what I am going by and he is a great guy and knows what he is talking about. You can have the darn thing in July for all I care !!!
Christopher S Neal

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #37 on: Dec 07, 2007, 06:10 AM »
Okay, so when is the date for this?? Looks like we have a tenative date for the NE event and when the poll closes we'll have a lake. It'll be great if we can have two of these events this year  :) The weather might be bitter cold so we don't need any bitterness about this issue.
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Dec 07, 2007, 06:23 AM »
Alright, let's stop the bickering. I only "suggested" those dates because I've read from previous years when the lake has frozen. John, you know the first outing we had on the pack there were a lot of people worried it wouldn't happen on January 29th because of the warm up we had in early January that year.  Luckily a cold spell came and we were able to have it that day.  Lottie and JAZII that live by the Pack could probably give exact dates when they first got out on that lake in previous years.  Pick whatever dates you think it'll be safe and a back-up date just in case.
Ken                                          

Offline wrightday

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Dec 07, 2007, 10:08 AM »
Lucky leo and myself are in for the Pack. Not sure about jenk and barry??

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 07, 2007, 07:24 PM »
folks when ya get it figured out ... ??? let me know..i'll make both.. ::) ::)..but me thinks we should be pulling together on this ..not cuttin each others  throats....cant we all just ..get along...geeze..we're starting to argue like those maine boys.... ;) ;) ;D

Offline Goimir

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 07, 2007, 10:26 PM »
Count me in on the get together.  I might see if I can bring the old man along too.

We tried fishing it once or twice and got skunked. 
I won't go out on less than 4".  My father knows this, and many times I've met him at a lake and he's out there already.  I call out "How much ice is out there?"

His reply is "Four inches".

I walk out and find out his 4" is more like 2".

His reply is invariably "I've fallen through the ice many times, it's no big deal".

To which I always say "Yeah, going out on 2", you're going to."

Offline icejigga

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Dec 08, 2007, 07:35 PM »
you can use quads and sleds on the Pack, as long as you don't launch from PA access points.... as for Elmhurst Res. aren't those passes oonly good for open water???  I used to have a pass for Maple Lake but that was only shore fishing... Please let me know. Thanks!
[/quote]
hey mad iceman i from throop pennsylvania...im at all the local lakes ...about 20 minutes from them all..from the pac to the state park..and all the resavoirs inbetween....going to ice fish tomm.the resavoirs are closed to hard and open unless u hav a pass from a very special man...been fishing the resvoirs for the last 10 years ..killing it ..im not new to iceshanty either i signed up many years ago just got new crap lost my old ..used to be jiggafl-18...and again always looking for more to go....my number is 570-906-0986......hit me up maples good to go to also...evere hear of griffiths ...the biggest bass in pa

Offline jasong31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 08, 2007, 08:00 PM »
I only live 30 or so from the pack... So count me innnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Offline JAZII

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NO FLASHER? NO FISH? NO KIDDING?
« Reply #44 on: Dec 09, 2007, 12:38 AM »
you can use quads and sleds on the Pack, as long as you don't launch from PA access points.... as for Elmhurst Res. aren't those passes only good for open water???  I used to have a pass for Maple Lake but that was only shore fishing... Please let me know. Thanks!
[/qutoe]
hey mad iceman i from throop Pennsylvania...I'm at all the local lakes ...about 20 minutes from them all..from the PAC to the state park..and all the reservoirs in between....going to ice fish tomm.the reservoirs are closed to hard and open unless u Harv a pass from a very special man...been fishing the reservoirs for the last 10 years ..killing it ..I'm not new to iceshanty either i signed up many years ago just got new **censored** lost my old ..used to be jiggafl-18...and again always looking for more to go....my number is 570-906-0986......hit me up maples good to go to also...every hear of Griffith's ...the biggest bass in pa
THE VERY SPECIAL MAN DOES NOT OWN THOSE RESEVOIRS ANYMORE! Most lakes and land that was owned by the special man have been turned over to borough, township, or STATE FOREST.
Elmhurst and Nezbeth have never been open to the public. Any reservoir owned by PENN. AMERICAN WATER is not fishable, you will be fined.
JAZII

2007 1ST Perch 15 5/16"   2007 1ST Brown Trout 28 3/8"
2008 1ST BlueGill 10 7/8"
2009 2ND Perch 15"
2010 2ND Perch 16 1/8"

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Dec 09, 2007, 12:47 AM »
Back in the day.... I'm talking along time ago, before Uncle L.... you could get a pass to fish Springbrook Res., Maple lake, and I think one other....I sure wish they'd let you fish the Watress!!!

Offline nybigeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Dec 10, 2007, 05:51 PM »
Who is bringin' the sausages?
nybe

Offline nightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #47 on: Dec 11, 2007, 05:56 AM »
 :whistle: I can scrounge some up, At the first event there was a dude that deep fried turkeys on the ice. them were some good eats.
Jim K.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Dec 12, 2007, 06:27 AM »
:whistle: I can scrounge some up, At the first event there was a dude that deep fried turkeys on the ice. them were some good eats.
i believe that would be strikemaster (jay) chatted with him in Oct. he wanted to start this packfest..had a baby girl in Oct. ..lost touch..i got a fryer...could be talked into bring a bird....or i could bring breakfest  ??? ??? what kind of beer would ya all like ??? ;) ;D

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Dec 12, 2007, 07:58 AM »

LOL

Offline weimman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #50 on: Dec 12, 2007, 08:33 AM »
let me know.  I only live in Honesdale, but travel for business quite abit.

Offline Lottie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pa. Goat Boy member
« Reply #51 on: Dec 12, 2007, 01:26 PM »
I can Guarantee you that Strikemaster didn't do the turkeys!  It was another BIG guy and after the turkeys were done we did spliters which are the best hotdogs you ever eat.   In fact I sat around waiting for Strikemaster that day at Paupack sports shop and didn't show, In fact not shore if he ever did.  but then again memories fade after a couple of years. I also remember having a problem with the chili that Fatboy and Genz brought up from Maryland  Something about a pot to cook it in LOL

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Dec 12, 2007, 01:30 PM »
sorry ..... when i spoke with him ..he said 1 year they did turkey's on the ice...i just assumed it was him... ??? ??? ???

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Dec 12, 2007, 01:34 PM »
BTW... whats a spliters hot dog  ??? ??? ??? is that where ya put the dog between 2 pickels on the bun with onions & chilly  ??? ??? ???

Offline Lottie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pa. Goat Boy member
« Reply #54 on: Dec 12, 2007, 01:44 PM »
no problem, just giving credit to the guy that lugged the equipment down and then UP the hill --  a spliter is a hotdog that you throw into a deep fryer  when the skin splits its done  hentz the name spliter.   Saw it on the FOOD CHANNEL a while back  so I figured that being the turkeys were out of the fryer why not try it. now thats how I do them at parties and at home.

What part of Beach Lake are you from  my wife's family has a farm in Calkins.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Dec 12, 2007, 02:06 PM »
not far from ya wife's family farm...live just off 652 behind 3 wishes  bar & grill...grew up in Damascus..been here the whole time (44 years ) is the farm by Henderson's (the trucking guys ) I'm good friends with Steve r. from river vally repairs...i went to honesdale high..class of 83...

Offline Lottie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pa. Goat Boy member
« Reply #56 on: Dec 12, 2007, 02:17 PM »
close but over another hill, Noble farm, I graduated in '72 and wife in '73 I hunt in Damascus by Swago 

Offline the_mad_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Dec 12, 2007, 04:45 PM »
close but over another hill, Noble farm, I graduated in '72 and wife in '73 I hunt in Damascus by Swago 

Sounds like a hijacking to me!!! Stay on the subject boys....LOL
I would love to ttry those splitters you're talking about!

Offline pocono

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Dec 12, 2007, 07:03 PM »
Sound like good food on the pack even if we don't get fish, pick a date so i can put it on the calander.  Early Feb is usully a good bet.  My wife wants me to go to Florida for a week this winter so if that dosn't interfer i'll be there.  I can make hot dogs.  jaz it looks like you are a pack man from the looks of your boat.  :)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Dec 12, 2007, 07:35 PM »
i've heard the name...i grew up at the bottom of conklin hill on the delaware river...do you hunt with jason m. and troy price..... the swago hunting club by chance...jason m. the landscaper..gave me permission to fish the lake...although they say it icefishes awful.. ::) ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.