The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: TROPHIES! Favorite Pictures!  (Read 18223 times)

Offline Ocean Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: TROPHIES! Favorite Pictures!
« Reply #90 on: Feb 10, 2007, 12:58 PM »
I'm a fall bear baiter, the mud, snow and wet weather turns me off for the spring hunt.  Plus walleyes are spawning and camping begins.  I turn the meat into jerky or pepper sticks and they don't last long. To be honest, I don't like the steaks or plain burger out of them.  I've also donated some of the meat to the family house in town.  They will take it and aren't picky. 

My bait consist of mostly meat scraps and grain with molasses. Rotting dead Carp (From bowfishing) is my usual scent attraction.  Place a few in a black garbage bag and let the hot sun do the work for a few days.
Make sure you double bag the meat of choice to make the scent attraction.  When I place them at the stand they are the last thing I do.  Stand up wind, cut the bag, dump and run.  I don't use anything with wrappers.
I usually just hunt the bow season and some guys I work with go up there and kill a few during gun season.  If you want to go, just let me know.  Anymore I'd rather run the video camera.  I don't think I'll kill another one unless it's MR. BIG!!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #91 on: Feb 10, 2007, 01:09 PM »
Great, thanks, I'd love to, likewise, I don't care to kill another one just yet, but mostly like to go along, see them and experience the art of baiting. We're pretty much outta wall space here, but my Grizzy (23 pound black cat) still has his claws and performs unbelievable de-hairing miracles on hides on the floor. That's why the deer and moose-hides are on the wall out of his reach. Yeah, spring is pretty sloppy up on the Loop Road, besides, I'm fishing. I like Ocean with nightcrawlers, Long Point at ice-out yeeee-haw!

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #92 on: Feb 10, 2007, 08:45 PM »
Great pictures Guys!
                           icemonster, Very nice W.T.  It looks like you killed that moose in just the right spot! Still waiting to draw that tag!  :( Been putting in for 30 yrs! WTG Awesome Sheep a True Trophy of a lifetime.Majestic picture and solo WOW! Congratulations!
             Ocean eyes very nice Black Bear sounds like you put in your time. Well deserved bear.

ex-Lt, The firearm thing is a good thing! Like you said the hunter that crosses the line that illegal kills any animal has to live with it! I can honestly says every animal I have bagged has been legally taken! and it's a good feeling!

Also I quit archery hunting by Jackson because of the bears! The last time I was there I had a pretty bad encounter with a Griz. And the word FUN is no where in the story!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Feb 10, 2007, 08:58 PM »
I know what you mean Big Ice, we saw one from 200 yards away last year about the same time he saw us. Sucker looked like a Cadillac with feet! Sheesh! had to be 900 pound bear. With him there, we were certain the elk were not so we bagged it  :woot:
                                                           LT  ;D

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #94 on: Feb 10, 2007, 08:58 PM »
 I have always thought that it's total B.S. To tell someone they can't carry firepower in any place, where there life could be quickly taken!
 I used to think that we had the right.....TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS!!!!! >:(

OK OK.......I will quit, before I get worked up ???

Gotta pack-up for morning, ex-Lt is gonna meet up with me and the boy afternoon ;D
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
Blue-toppin.........and lip-rippin
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #95 on: Feb 10, 2007, 09:30 PM »
There is a whole new generation of bears, ones that have never been threaten by man, they have absolutely no reason to fear man. We don't need to eradicate them, just make them know who's the Boss! There needs to be some kind of season.
We need a season on wolves to or we might not have enough elk tags to go around. It scares me to death thinking I or future generations might not be able to get a Elk tag every year. Right now if push comes to shove you can buy a general tag. I believe the Jackson herd as already been reduced because of the Wolf.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Feb 11, 2007, 07:53 PM »
     I just wanted to show Mr. Big Ice that I could actually catch a decent mac..several years ago, but anyway....Fremont Lake upper boat dock at sunset  ;D

Dragonmaster's (lil brother's) Soda Lake browns...not too bad for a Louiisiana boy with a guide (me).

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #97 on: Feb 11, 2007, 09:38 PM »
ex-Lt,
        Super Mack! :thumbsup: and very nice stringer of browns! :clap:   You don't have to prove anything to me. I know you can fish!  you are the DON the GODFATHER! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Feb 11, 2007, 09:42 PM »
Shucks, I'm speechless, but glad you posted that picture of those hawgs before I got a chance to post my pair of three-pounders  :woot:...I mighta just pulled my post Big Ice, no bro, it is truly you Da Man!  ;D

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #99 on: Feb 11, 2007, 09:56 PM »
Great fish Don! I haven't had the chance to ask you in awhile, but how are you feeling sense your surgery?

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Feb 11, 2007, 10:24 PM »
much better thanks, there was one point before that I would have allowed the surgeon to perform it in his office with a rusty pocketknife  ;D

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #101 on: Feb 11, 2007, 10:34 PM »
Sounds like you needed that gizzard out of there for awhile! Glad to hear your better!

Offline wyohunter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Feb 11, 2007, 10:35 PM »
My first walleye Tourney almost twenty years ago. thought wow this is great, I have been humbled many times since.

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #103 on: Feb 11, 2007, 10:55 PM »
 Wyohunter.........cool newspaper clipping!!
That rocks.......catch the tourney winner and have your picture and quote in the paper....Priceless!! 8)

First cast......Oh yeah if the big boy hits first time down the hole, you are jinxed!
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Feb 12, 2007, 01:43 PM »
    Thse are the sand bass Dragonmaster mentioned in his earlier post, hybrid between a striper and a white, yeah, it was a rodeo. I'll confess, looking at that murky river, I wrongly assumed a fish couldn't possibly live in it  ;D Oh yeah, that one on the far left is a crappie!  :woot:

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #105 on: Feb 12, 2007, 02:04 PM »
man guys keep these great pics coming!!

Offline Ocean Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #106 on: Feb 12, 2007, 02:29 PM »
Here's a small Steelhead, not a monster but fun to catch on light line!

Offline Ocean Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #107 on: Feb 12, 2007, 02:31 PM »
oh yeah, before someone (PG) jumps on it. I like to eat fish as much as catching them. That little male went into the deep fryer with some tony's on him. Later KR

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #108 on: Feb 12, 2007, 02:40 PM »
Nice un bro, on fly-gear or "heavy-metal"...see...I can show my ignorance of steelies!  ;D

Offline Ocean Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #109 on: Feb 12, 2007, 02:44 PM »
Nice un bro, on fly-gear or "heavy-metal"...see...I can show my ignorance of steelies!  ;D

Mt 9.5' loomis rod, spinning reel, #4 test line, and a beaded stonefly.  Drift fishing the holes!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #110 on: Feb 12, 2007, 03:19 PM »
     2000 mulie..on Big Flattop Mt. I was sneaking along a trail real quietly because I was BEAR HUNTING!!! All of a sudden, he stood up in the quakies 8 feet away and gave me the broadside, 30-30 Marlin lever action from the hip  ;D

Offline Ocean Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #111 on: Feb 12, 2007, 03:39 PM »
I have a pre-64  winchester 30-30, Kickin-est little gun, kind of sore on the shoulder.  Brass butt plate-ouch!
Looks like an old buck! Later KR

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #112 on: Feb 12, 2007, 04:29 PM »
     The newspaper over in Pinedale used to run a buck-a-buck contest where you'd take your deer in, they'd measure the rack and photograph it and give a a $1, then at the end of deer season, they'd give out 1st, 2d and 3d prizes on the three biggest. He took 2d place that year. He was a 4 X 4 with 2 break-offs and nice brow-tines...unfortunately, pics don't do him justice  ;D

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #113 on: Feb 12, 2007, 05:17 PM »
Ocean Eyes,
                 Nice Steelhead great pic!

ex-LT, nice Mulie buck! I have been hunting the last few years with a old 30-30 open sights, if I don't get one with my bow.
     But from the hip! I sure you remember one of my favorite shows of all time " The RIFLEMAN" with Chuck Conner's awesome show.remember how he used to shoot his old lever gun with the big ring on the lever. Always wanted a rifle like that :flex: Those were the days!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #114 on: Feb 12, 2007, 05:22 PM »
Oh yeah, I used to love how he twirled it to chamber the killer-round  ;D thx on mulie, he was tender too!

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #115 on: Feb 12, 2007, 10:44 PM »
Here is a smallmouth Bass I caught back in 05 I believe!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #116 on: Feb 12, 2007, 10:55 PM »
Here is a smallmouth Bass I caught back in 05 I believe!
(Image removed from quote.)
     So I guess this lil contest will end when we run out of pictures  ;D I thinka Bigga Ice, he gonna win!  ;D

Offline wyohunter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #117 on: Feb 12, 2007, 11:09 PM »
My elk this year didn't get any great pics of him.

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #118 on: Feb 13, 2007, 12:07 AM »
 Wyohunter.......nice friggin Bull!!

That said I have.....so far....access on 125,000 acres around Chugwater-cheyenne! Went 2 years ago, and filled out..........buck-goat.....and buckdeer...bought additional goat........and filled!!
 They had doe-fawn deer available too.......just out of funds!
 Looked to me......all you can eat(afford) doe-fawns!
 Thinks about it, and let me know! The ranch-foreman just loved my hillbilly attitude and background!!
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline Ocean Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #119 on: Feb 13, 2007, 07:40 AM »
Nice bronze back Big Ice, very nice bull Wyohunter!  Here's a lander Bowkill a few years ago. Later KR
ps keep the pics coming!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.