Author Topic: IceJunky...Feeding My Addiction...2007 (updated 2/28/2007 Tiny Lakers)  (Read 8628 times)

Offline perch-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born To FISH Forced To Work
Those 2 11in perch are  beautys and the rest of their buddies look pretty darn good too :clap:

Offline Tommyboy18769

• Team IceShanty Addict
Very nice look perch...

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Well my 3x postpones overnight trip to Simcoe finally took off this past weekend. Myself and 3 buddies all took to Cooks Bay in Simcoe and were not disapointed.  this pic does not do it justice but there was an ice fishing city on cooks bay, more huts and people then you could imagine, not to mention bait huts on the ice, an ice washroom as well as a burger and hot dog hut (pies all so) that provided door to door service. it was crazy

We landed at 4pm on Saturday afternoon, we had booked a sleeper cabin with "icecabins.com" who came highly recomended by former ice shanty member and current guest MACATTACK or Mac to his friends.  The accomidations were great we had a 12x 8 sleeper hut that had all you need to get by

We did not fish out the hut as out operator gave us the run off all his non rented huts, we were free to roam from hut to hut (atleast 5 huts) and follow the perch around.

One hut was the hot hut as on day two no one was hitting anything around us but we still scooped up 80+ perch with about a dozen of those being jumbos. here is what we kept to eat

We also had a surprise visit from a nice lare mouth caught by ChowderHead

Second surprise was the team of CO's that hit the ice around noon, they made there rounds and even walked in on Chowder in the washroom to check his license.

Overall it was the best ice rental I have ever spent money on, the team of guys were great who looked after us were great and we had everything we needed to get by.

Offline BAZOOKAJOE

• Team IceShanty Addict
That there looks like a sweet trip!!   8)

Offline PondPro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH ON!!!!!!!!FISH OFF.............
nice fish looks like fun
Tom G :tipup:<br />

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
simcoe looks great. Thats a real good bass too
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
Very nice accommodations icejunky.
Congrats to you and ChowerHead on your pile of perch and bonus bass. 8)

That first photo and your description of it reminds me of the shanty town in the move "Grumpy Old Men". :D

WW

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Well it is the start of my Feb ice fishing vacation, I always take this week off to catch up on some fihsing...so here it is day by day...

First trip was on Saturday....Jacks Lake in Apsley...was not looking good when the bait shop guy tells you things are slow..anyways headed out with chowderHead and you guessed it things were slow..threw all I could at them and only managed one...a nice 12 incher

marked fish all aday long but they were tight lipped

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Trip 2 was on Monday...decided to take the Father in law out on quinte for some perch'n and walleye....the perch were highly co-operative while the walleyes not so....We pounded the pech all day and took home a dozen or so jumbo's while throwing back about 40+ smaller ones.

heres the collection

heres the Father N law with a couple of our 10's

I hooked into a nice walleye on my perch rig....couldnt have taken the walleye trap I had set...Oh No, I was getting spooled on one lb test when I did the stupid thing and decided to touch down on the drag....SNAP...Oh well

My father N law loved the clam, all the comforts of home

Offline PondPro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
nice perch

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
All right day 3...this week is going to fly I can tell...Headed back out on to Quinte to see if I could duplicate day 2's results..and I improved (still no eyes)

Finsihed with another nice collection of perch, this time topped off with a personal best 12 incher...

here's the brute..the ruler does not do her justice..

I like this pic it;s 12...11...10..nothing like a 12 to make those 10 inchers look small

Flying solo today so I perfected the set-up, 4 holes in the hut, two to fish out of,  one for the camera and or vex and the third for the ice well

For those who have not seen them the ice well is great, holds a ton of pan fish and keeps them live and active till it's time to go

I must have smacked about 60 perch today, keep another dozen in and or over the 10 mark..becuase Im in a good mood I'll even show you what I used...gotta keep switchin up as the bite slows..it paid to take 5 rods today

Offline PondPro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
nice perch and cool fish holder thing

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
is that an automatic fisherman u got there ??? i love mine works great !!!

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline fishinfiend

• Team IceShanty Maniac
those are some sweet pics pics ya got there

Offline perch-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born To FISH Forced To Work
Good Simcoe pictures guys and thanks for showing what type of hardware you were using :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
yep, that is an automatic fisherman, it has hit the ice a few times and still ye tot catch anything with it, Ill let you know what I think once it gets some action

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Trip #4, I returned to my home lake to find the elusive blue gills....last year I couldnt drop a line without hitting one and in two previous trips this year I could spot one...that all changed as I came into a nice cillection of smaller gills

It was my first time taking out the Aqua-vu DVR and made a few nice recordings...problem is they are like 5 minutes long and I dont have any programs that will let me edit them, Oh well, for my enjoyment only I guess

I also made a tourny entry in the gill category, my 4th category, he is a small one, not ethe biggest of the day but the first so I snapped the shot in case I didnt see another one all afternoon

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Must be nice  :D

Thanks for the updates and pictures Icejunky :) I wanted to make the trek out to Quinte this year but the fishing has been just amazing close to home...Let me know if you will be in Ottawa anytime before the season ends... ;)
Andrew

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
a good program for editing is windows movie maker

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
Nice pile of perch, bluegill and crappie IceJunky.
Congrats on your pb perch. 8)

The ice well is a neat idea, is it for pan fish only, or would it hold larger game fish, say pike or walleye?

WW

Offline justinjipson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 38.5" 18lbs
nice rainbows.....one on top is nice size
fishing = paradise

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Hey waterwolf, you could easily hold smaller walleye and pike, as the well is about 3 feet long

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
My last two days of vacation were up in the Bancroft area fishing for perch and the worlds smallest lakers....the fishing satrted off slow and all we could find was some rocke bass

Day two was a bit more eventfull as we located some perch as well as those famous tiny Lakers

yep this is a 9 inch laker

ChowderHead hooked into the days best perch

Day three found us a few more tiny lakers

and while chasing the perch we found a nice 3-4lb largey

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.