The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: RE: what part of michigan are you from? NE, NW, W, E, SE, SW or UP East,West  (Read 10083 times)

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I plan on hitting Murray lake this year pretty hard and heavy, its a musky lake with some 50+ inchers....

Offline Kziceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
I live in Kalamazoo County...I fish Gull Lake, Sugarloaf, Gun lakes. Will head up to Houghton next week I hope.

KZiceman

My bait always catches fish...or dies trying.

Offline TroutMadness

• IceShanty Rookie
SE - Taylor, Wayne County but fish alot out of our place east of Grayling.
"Fishermen are born Honest but they get over it"  - Ed Zern

Offline FullTmeDad

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Back in Michigan!
SE - Taylor, Wayne County but fish alot out of our place east of Grayling.
Sounds like you're in my neck of the woods.
Welcome to the club!
FTD

Offline burt lake brain

• IceShanty Rookie
I am always looking for new people to go check out lakes in Western Michigan, and thought this might be a way to get people to get new fising buddies.....Sorry if this has been posted already somewhere i did a search but came up empty.....

I for example am from Western Michigan, Kent County......Just trying to make new Fishing contacts and maybe fish some lakes that im not familiar with and have someone with that does....or of someone comes here I can help guide.....

Hey I'm from Jenison and I love the grand river and anything around it!

Offline MadAnt

• IceShanty Rookie
NE - Lupton by Rifle & George lakes

Offline bradh86

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm from Holland sounds like there doing OK on miner in Allegan

Offline Boots

• IceShanty Rookie
Macomb Co. but fish alot of the inland lakes in Northern Oakland Co.

Offline hocetwn97

• IceShanty Rookie
Southgate-Wayne County

Offline Bgreen02

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sterling Heights here.

Team M.I.R.C Rock bass. It's whats for dinner.

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
I'm from Ingham county. I fish the tri county area though. Hit Kent Lake every once in awhile and when I head up north I try to get out on Lake St. Helen.
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline MIeyes

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish'en ain't a past time, it's a passion!
Reed City, fish Osceola, Mecosta, Lake, Wexford, Manistee counties, and Manistique in UP. :tipup:
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau

Offline TheStray

• IceShanty Rookie
Montcalm County.  Been here just over a year and I don't really have any hot spots that I am at all the time but I do tend to stick around the Six Lakes area.  Usually fish Sixth Lake and need to get on Fifth but haven't seen the way to get on it without going on private property.  Any help with that would be appreciated.  Originally from from Southern Michigan (Bronson), used to fish Coldwater Lake, Union Lake, Gilead Lake and lived on Cary for a short time.

Offline EGR David

• IceShanty Rookie
Live in GR.  Fish mainly Reeds, and some private lakes around the area thru connections from my wife.  Those cake eaters don't like the cold much, unless it is to ski.  Travell to cadillac and mitchell quite a bit and up to oceaola county, rose, todd, sunrise and some other private lakes.  Love to fish smaller lakes, though.

Offline mikeole

• IceShanty Rookie
I amin Northwest Michigan. I live in Onekama on Portage Lake, Manistee County. If anyone would like a report on the fishing conditions here let me know. Right now the ice fishing is looking pretty good. Just talked to a couple of guys who just came in from the lake, they caught 19 good size pikes, they also said the walleyes are running with whitefish. I will be going out tomorrow to try for some perch, just got a line on a good hole... Wife is bugging me for a perch dinner.

Offline Tadman6

• IceShanty Rookie
I live in Kalamazoo County...I fish Gull Lake, Sugarloaf, Gun lakes. Will head up to Houghton next week I hope.

KZiceman

Have you been on gull for the smelt? Friends of mine have the monster shanty on the south bay, so far no pike watched a couple but waiting for the HOG!!

Offline Slammerman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's SLAMMIN' TIME !!!
SE and West
« Reply #76 on: Feb 11, 2007, 08:27 PM »
I am originally from Muskegon (actually south side of Mona Lake in Norton Shores) but currently reside in Ferndale (Oakland County just north of Detroit) and go back and forth (I might try I-96 blind-folded next trip) since I keep an "office" in Muskegon and do most of my fishing on the West side.

www.slammertipup.com

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Offline JES_934

• Team IceShanty Regular
Born and Raised here in Algonac (SouthEast MI, just south of Port Huron) for 24 yrs.
Fish On!!!!

Offline shortyonice

• IceShanty Rookie
I live in Marcellus (southwest Michigan). Originally from Mattawan (southwest michigan)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.