Author Topic: Whats in Your Thermos  (Read 26771 times)

Offline Wissota Bear

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Whats in Your Thermos
« Reply #60 on: Sep 11, 2007, 08:20 PM »
Black Coffee.  Got to stay awake for night ice fishing.

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #61 on: Sep 17, 2007, 06:52 PM »
screamin hot water and about six hot dogs stuffed in there!   ;D

now that is something I have not thought of :clap: :roflmao: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :roflmao: :clap:
I will remember that this season.  I have a widemouthed thermos that I believe will be perfect for brats will onions!

Of course the other thermos usually has coffee along with chunks and pieces of whatever was in the thermos the last time I used it.  I've been using it for 20 years and I'm afraid to think of what could be growing in there :sick:

Icy Mike

Offline calvin21

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My best!
« Reply #62 on: Sep 17, 2007, 09:19 PM »
hot apple cider is my favorite

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Sep 18, 2007, 05:49 PM »
No Thermos, but a coffee pot on the woodstove early in the AM.  Bud or Budlight a bit later, after working up a sweat....usually around 10am local (it's past 12 somewhere in the world).  Heck, I've already been up and on the ice at least several hours by then.  Plus, Bud Light goes great with scrambled eggs and bacon!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Sep 18, 2007, 06:46 PM »
No Thermos, but a coffee pot on the woodstove early in the AM.  Bud or Budlight a bit later, after working up a sweat....usually around 10am local (it's past 12 somewhere in the world).  Heck, I've already been up and on the ice at least several hours by then.  Plus, Bud Light goes great with scrambled eggs and bacon!
                                                                                                                                                                                                          i like youse way of thinking  mainedog.... :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: beer its not just for breakfest anymore........ :tipup: :unsure: :tipup: :whistle:

Offline pascoag icefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Apr 15, 2008, 02:47 PM »
soup or hot chocolate

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Apr 15, 2008, 02:58 PM »
Hot apple cider in Mine  :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ahester14

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Apr 15, 2008, 03:34 PM »
Baileys Irish & coffee :tipup:

Offline holedriller

• IceShanty Rookie
  • have auger will travel
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2008, 01:00 AM »
hot coffee in one and venniso chili in a stainless wide mouth.  have yet to try it but a buddy cooks up bratwurst an sourkraut and puts ib his then packs buns in the beer cooler

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2008, 01:02 PM »
I'm with Viper 75 hot water then i can mix with instant soup, spiced cider ,etc. or make a cup of decaffeinated /herbal tea. I never thought about the caffeine until reading one of the "Hooked on Ice Fishing " series of books . Caffeine like alcohol is a diuretic and excessive urinating can lower your body temp. in cold weather.
    Another nice drink is Glogg (Swedish- Scandinavian ) I use a premade mix from a company called Saturnus . You mix one to one with hot water or vodka ,rum or red wine if not using hot water heat without bringing to a boil.

saturnus AB, Box 9040, 200 39 Sweden/Suede
website www.saturnus.se
 there is an umlaut (.. ) over the o in Glogg and e in suede.  the members from Minnesota and Wisconson can propably tell you more.     Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2008, 02:01 PM »
To update my previous post the product is called export Glogg and the ratio is two parts glogg mix to one part water. Enjoy , have a good summer.

Steve

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #71 on: Aug 03, 2008, 09:13 AM »
Black Coffee :)
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Aug 03, 2008, 10:10 AM »
soup or hot chocolate

Another for the soup and Hot chocolat!
Andrew

Offline UserX

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Perca Flavences!
« Reply #73 on: Aug 03, 2008, 11:22 AM »
Either Hot Cider Or- Super cheap gas station cappunico...the expensive stuff isnt sweet enough...I figure I will switch over to coffee when I can grow a mustache. lol

Certified Youth Instructor for Michigan State Univ.,
Certified instructor for Project F.I.S.H..(Friends. Involved. With Sport.Fishing.Heritage .)
Take a kid fishing to keep our legacy around.

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #74 on: Aug 03, 2008, 06:17 PM »
well lets see here, i have one for chilly , one for soup, two for coffee, and one i keep empty were i can have filled at will. on these days i can cut back on the gear i will bring, stoves, spare fuel tanks , canned food, garbage, exc..... you must invest in good thermouses though. if you don"t have a good thermos, your goods WILL get cold.
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Aug 03, 2008, 07:19 PM »
if you don"t have a good thermos, your goods WILL get cold.

Or it will crack on ya...I have learned  ::) ::) :D
Andrew

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #76 on: Aug 03, 2008, 08:18 PM »
ain:t that the truth tip-uptwo. the cost can add up . i  have learned to spend the extra money because it will save you lots of headackes.
hard core fanatic  Http:

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #77 on: Aug 03, 2008, 10:07 PM »
and itl keep yah nice and warm!!

Offline MILLERMANKT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #78 on: Aug 21, 2008, 11:30 PM »
Going to try this in the thermos this year.  What I did for winter camping last year was fill a small crockpot about 3/4 full w/ apple juice and put in several shots of Jack daniels, added a few broken cinn. sticks and let simmer.  This was awesome  :thumbsup: What a drink to sip around a campfire in Jan. in a foot of fresh snow ;D

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #79 on: Aug 22, 2008, 08:54 AM »
sounds like the ticket to keep warm. i don:t drink anymore so i resort to much coffee.
hard core fanatic  Http:

Offline Xpressman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Sep 18, 2008, 09:54 AM »
Nothing is better than having a hot cup of coffee after coming off the ice at the end of the day.  Especially the days when it's cold and dark and snowing. Sure helps warm a person up on the drive home.

Offline poot_818

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Sep 18, 2008, 10:58 AM »
usually if i bring a thermos its hot chocolate for the beginning of the day then i bring my cooler full of either a 30 of busch light or a 24 of coors light...makes for a good time when the bite is slow or when the bite is on...

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #82 on: Sep 18, 2008, 10:29 PM »
i don:t bring hot cocoa in the thermos, i make while i am on the ice. i put other good stuff in the thermoses.
hard core fanatic  Http:

Offline uberfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Sep 20, 2008, 12:29 PM »
well lets see here, i have one for chilly , one for soup, two for coffee, and one i keep empty were i can have filled at will. on these days i can cut back on the gear i will bring, stoves, spare fuel tanks , canned food, garbage, exc..... you must invest in good thermouses though. if you don"t have a good thermos, your goods WILL get cold.
so whats the best thermos to use?     nothing fancy just good and sturdy, that will last.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #84 on: Sep 20, 2008, 06:23 PM »

There is only one thermos in this world worth buying.
The original Stanley thermos. I have one that's more than 30 years old. You can't hurt them.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #85 on: Sep 20, 2008, 06:56 PM »
RG, I agree totally. I've had mine about 10 years and haven't been able to hurt it yet...
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline uberfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Sep 20, 2008, 07:11 PM »
i saw the stanleys at fleet farm but they were out of the largest size. ill pick one up next time

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #87 on: Sep 21, 2008, 03:14 AM »
One tip;
Fill the thermos with very hot water and let it stand for about 5 minutes before putting your beverage of choice  in it. It makes a lot of difference...hours.... in how long it stays hot.

My first Stanley(stolen on a job site) had a cork....I'm giving away my age :)

By the way, I almost always take beef or vegetable bullion. Sometimes I add a bit of instant rice for extra body.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline poot_818

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Sep 21, 2008, 06:01 PM »
http://www.stanley-pmi.com/shop/ here is the website for the stanley thermos'....they even sell parts for your old used and abused thermos....my old man has one that hes got a grip on it so tight you couldnt pry it from his hands with a chain hooked to a semi :laugh: i have a Thermos brand thermos but i really dont like it...and i have a cheap stainless steel traverling coffee mug but i just bought it cuz i was in dire need...it wasnt worth it i think im gonna buy a new thermos and coffee cup before the ice season hits!

Offline JDiPerrio

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Sep 21, 2008, 07:45 PM »
I've got the original Stanley Thermos and i is the best i take it out when i go hunting and everytime on the ice  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.