Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 240350 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #2430 on: Jun 22, 2023, 06:09 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Overcast and 51*, high in the low 70’s again today…no complaints!

Jeff..Congratulations to your granddaughter, enjoy the ceremony this morning!  :bow:  Neighbors helping neighbors…glad to read that’s still happening and nice job using the truck rotors for counterweights..excell ent choice!  :clap:
  Wally…best of luck to Team WW today, hope the bite is on!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…glad you were able to get an appointment in yesterday, hope you got some immediate relief from those back pains!  :clap:  Best wishes with the sorting tomorrow and enjoy the range time today before the heat kicks again!  :thumbsup:
  FH4…hope you were able to get off the ground last night…good luck with the classes today!   :thumbsup:
  Steve..welcome back! Glad you had a sizable crew and were able to get the staircases completed, nice!  :clap:
  I-45…hope the tag sale goes well, good luck with the fishing today if you’re heading out!  :thumbsup:
  H2…I hope your putting the hook into a few walleyes as I type…best of luck to you if your on the water!   :thumbsup:

Two of my sons set up a fishing charter trip for the 3 of us on July 16th yesterday. Believe we’re going to be fishing on Cayuga Lake but that may switch to Lake Ontario depending on the bite. Understand they’ve been getting into some Kings up there…either or is fine with me!  ;D
  Off to visit one of my daughter’s later this morning. She joined up with a new small group in her community that shows off their flower gardens…believe there are 11 homes on the list in total. Not really sure what to expect, but we’ll be there to support her hard efforts and see what it’s all about.  ;D   Cawfee’s on…
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2431 on: Jun 22, 2023, 07:17 AM »
56* and sunny. I not sure how this happened but I didn't wake up until 7:45 this morning. I very seldom sleep past 5:30 or so.

Mr. C, glad everything is OK with your computer, they do have a mind of their own. Welcome back.

WW, you are sure getting some fishing time in, Good Luck.

Arron got my electric switched over to 120 last night. Range comes of Friday.

Ran into my brother at Stewart's last night. His wife has been in the hospital/nursing facility for 6 weeks as of yesterday. He doesn't say much just that she is doing OK.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2432 on: Jun 22, 2023, 07:52 AM »
Good morning from Wisconsin , started the 10 hrs drive Wednesday morning at 1:10AM arriving at 12:30 got an oil change on pickup then a good nap. And a good nights sleep albeit on my camping cot.
 Now need to get to work on making house market ready.  Grandson wants to buy or rent it, but, not having a job or income for me not a good idea. Would rather have a lump sum.
Eddie a good trip to look forward to.
I have a travel cup that reads “I don’t know what the question is, but the answer has to be fishing “
 Notice the truck is missing at an idle, will have to look into that, maybe get a tuneup done on it here.
Going to be a hot couple days so best get to working outside while it’s cooler out.
Best to all with your plans for today

Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2433 on: Jun 22, 2023, 05:08 PM »

Ron and I picked up our deer heads tonight, his 10pt on the left....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2434 on: Jun 22, 2023, 06:29 PM »
They look excellent h2l :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2435 on: Jun 22, 2023, 08:40 PM »
good evening reached a high temperature of seventy four today. Rain coming overnight. The ten day extended forecast show rain and chance of thunderstorms for everday up until July 1ST. Looked at local news last night my county (Orange) was able to get a judge to issue a new preliminary injunction to stop NYC from sending asylum seekers to hotels until NYC complies with NY. State laws regarding exportation of homeless. The county also has the right to inspect the two local hotels currently housing 186 migrants. plus obtain identification papers on these people. Once again my county executive calling on state and federal officials to come up with a plan of action .
Fish/hunt4ever hope you were able to get home last night get a few hours of sleep and make it to the safety meeting and CPR class today.
Whopper Stopper if my weather forecast is correct wished i could send you and Drifter some of the rain. glad you were able to get into to see your chiropractor and got an adjustment .May all go well with the shed clean out and sorting of your BIL's collections for the future garage sale.
Eddie may you have good weather on day of scheduled fishing charter boat trip and the fish be active that day. Best to your daughter and the community group may they inspire others to plant flower gardens.
Hunts2long good to read you have proper electric supply installed for the new range may all go well this Friday . Sorry to hear your SIL is still at the nursing/hospital facility. very nice work by the taxidermist on the deer head mounts. Congratulations once again to Ron and You .
IFF you sure stay busy . Best wished for you in getting the house ready for market and it selling quickly .
Wallyworld may the string of good fishing have continued for the two of you today.

Have a good night. best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2436 on: Jun 22, 2023, 09:59 PM »
Made it home at 1 am slept for a bit and hit the job site around 620 this morning and then cpr class and then do the job amd head home, one more day until the weekend. Well have a great start to Friday everyone.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2437 on: Jun 23, 2023, 05:02 AM »
Morning all,

FH4.....hope your work day passes quickly  ;)

H2L....prayers for your s-i-l  :(  nice mounts, thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:

WS.....fingers crossed the back is doing better  :)

IW.....some great friends and neighbors to be helping with the wood  :bow: :flex: :thumbsup:

Eddie.....what a great gift  :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:  a day to remember for sure  @)

MrC....glad to see you got the bugs out of your computer  ;)2

Put 6 fish in the boat yesterday, things died down pretty quickly when the jet skis hit the water  ::)

Some errands on tap today.

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2438 on: Jun 23, 2023, 05:24 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 54* and partly, Partly. ::)
                         Eddie.......What a great gift your boys are doing for you.  :thumbsup:
                         Wally........You two are on a roll with the fishing. :flex:
                         H2l...........I'm glad you got the circuit switiched over. :flex:
                         Bud..........Good luck with getting the house ready for the sale. :whistle: Good idea not selling or renting to someone with no income :blink:
                         Fish..........You had two long days. Have a good weekend. :clap:
                         Steve........I'm glad a judge stopped NYC mayor from sending immigrants to Orange county. He took them in, he can keep them there. :%$#!:
                         Marv.........How is your back? ???
                         My granddaughter's graduation wes nice, Im glasd I went. She got two awards. Then I came home and my neighbors came over and we got                           
               the wood stacked in no time at all. This morning I'll be hitting the pile with the saw.
                         I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2439 on: Jun 23, 2023, 05:46 AM »
57* and sunny.

WW, another good day on the water.

I asked my nephew about his mother and got some questions answered. She is doing pretty good. They "make" her get up and about a lot more than she does at home and is eating much better. She has loss 30 lbs. He said his father "babies" her too much at home.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2440 on: Jun 23, 2023, 05:55 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  59* and cloudy start here this am, rain and muggy conditions on the way, high of 78 today.

Wally…congrats on another good trip for Team WW!!  :clap:  Funny you mentioned the jet ski’s, my buddy said the same exact thing yesterday fishing up on Saratoga lake…although he used a few adjectives I’ll leave out.  ;D
  FH4…have a good wrap to the week today, yesterday must have been a tough one!  :thumbsup:
  Steve…just checked the 10 day forecast, won’t be needing to water the garden for the next 2 weeks if it holds true, lol. Thanks for sharing the info and update on the injunction.  :clap:
  H2…beautiful mount’s, Congratulations to you both again!  :bow:  Hope all works out well with the range today!
  Bud…wow, you’ve sure been on the move..no pun intended!  ;D  Good luck getting the house ready this trip and a quick sale soon to follow.  :thumbsup:
  Marv…hope you have a nice visit with your sister today and hopefully get a break with that intense heat out there.  :thumbsup: 
  Jeff…saw on the news yesterday it was hotter up your way and North then it was here to the South…that doesn’t happen very often. Glad you had an enjoyable time at the graduation yesterday and the neighbors came through for you, awesome! Be careful with the saws today!   :thumbsup:  :clap:

I ended up taking a pass on the flower gardens yesterday and helped out my son by dog sitting his Great Dane. She’s 11 years old now and having some difficulties. My wife attended and said it was a really nice time…got a feeling there will be some new changes to her flower garden next season, lol.
  Speaking of gardens, I cut all the scapes on the garlic yesterday. Should be ready to harvest in a couple of weeks. Dog sitting on the planner again today…Cawfee’s on!  ;D

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2441 on: Jun 23, 2023, 07:15 AM »
Good morning ER’s
Still continuing to load the left overs here at the soon to be my former “North Camp”   
Forecast is for a 91* day at least it does drop back to low 60’s over night.
Got a 1:00 appointment to get tuneup on the Silverado and hope to have what boxed things loaded under the bed cover before then.
Pretty sure I will bite the bullet and order a new mercury 4 stroke for the 16’ Lund. Have wanted one for some time.  And figured I may as well do it, and enjoy it while I have reasonably good health.
See my old stomping grounds in Colorado are still having crazy weather, like down pouring rains like some have never seen before.
For those getting out fishing hope you have continued success

Good day to all

Late update  tune won’t be done till Monday
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2442 on: Jun 23, 2023, 07:52 PM »
 Good evening, period of rain during midday hours otherwise just an overcast sky today. I see where NY, residents are looking at possible increases in electric and gas rates . One of the state's largest power companies New York Electric & Gas is asking for a 22 percent increase in electric rates and 6 percent increase for gas to be phased in over three years. The power companies claim they need money to improve existing power grid and to start moving away from fossil fuels as main source used to generate power. NY. wants to be free from carbon based sources for power generation.
Fish/hunt4ever may today have been an easy one for you at work after Thursday.
Wallyworld nice to hear you caught six walleyes before jet ski's moved in on you and fish activity dropped off.
ice Wanderer congratulations to your granddaughter on receiving two awards at the graduation ceremony . good to see you have a network of neighbors willing to help each other out with projects .
hunts2long god to read your SIL's health is improving while at the nursing/hospital facility. may all have gone well today and your wife used to new range to cook tonight's dinner.
Eddie may there have been no problems dog sitting today. Good that your wife was able to attended the garden event in your place she probably does have some ideas now for next year's flower garden .
IFF may the Silverado only have need a tune-up and be running great . pace yourself while working in the high temperatures especially if accompanied with high humidity . keep yourself hydrated .
Drifter may the fire crews be making progress in containing and putting out the wildfires near you.
icefisher-45 if the church tag sale is this Saturday may the event raise a good amount of money.
Oldsailor,Tomturkey may things be good with you gentlemen and your families.

May everyone have a nice and safe weekend .
  Steve

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2443 on: Jun 23, 2023, 08:36 PM »
Well need to check and see if the samples from Tulsa are arriving tomorrow to run. The power outage down there sounded like a nightmare for many. Electric poles just snapped off and the whole city without power, luckily the towns around were able to keep the power and for people to get gas to run generators and such if they had them. Another week in the books and maybe one more day of work. Rain here and there today with places that has dome big hail, some the size of golf balls, so some damage on some places and vehicles around. Hopefully get out on the boat some this weekend. Have a good one everyone.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2444 on: Jun 24, 2023, 05:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 65*, rain showers and T-storms expected throughout the day, high of 74.

Just a quick hello, heading out for a few casts before the rain moves in…catch up later on!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2445 on: Jun 24, 2023, 06:25 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie….good luck on the water 😉

IFF….hope the truck’s running like a Swiss watch now 😁

WS…..back at the sorting today  ??? 

Riding in a Back the Blue ride today, glad we have good rain suits 🙄

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2446 on: Jun 24, 2023, 07:01 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Late start this morning. Heading out with Mr Dickens to drown some worms. Hope everyone has a great day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2447 on: Jun 24, 2023, 07:29 AM »
67* and cloudy.

Eddie and Ice-45 good luck!

WW, have fun on the ride.

NO STOVE!! I waited all afternoon. About 4:45 guys pulls in. He says, where's the new range, Lowe's said it was here! About 2 minutes later he tells me that he picks up whatever is to be installs and brings it. Lowe's told me the same thing, once sale is complete the "install contractor" does the rest. Way TOO moving parts in this operation. Called Lowes last night, sales person was off and the Manager had left for the day. Told the wife, "it's TOO HOT to cook" anyway, she didn't laugh. We may take a ride down to Lowe's today, the wife checked their website and the same range is on sale for a $100 less than we paid. The installer also told me that Tuesday is the earliest he can do it.

Sorry for the rant...

Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2448 on: Jun 24, 2023, 07:35 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

We had a nice rain for a couple hours last night :clap: The guessers claim storms will move in tonight, but along with them more rain should fall. The lawn experts say to set the mower for 4.5"-5" which means at this point no mowing in sight for at least a couple weeks. So far this summer I have only mowed twice and once was to just even up the weeds ???

Eddie...Best of luck on the water this morning :thumbsup: I hope you get some good pictures  :clap: :clap:

WW...Safe travels with the ride  :thumbsup: No sorting today.

45...Hope you and Mr. Dickens can catch a mess for supper :thumbsup:

IW...Congratulations to your granddaughter on her achievements :clap: :clap: My back is much better. Of course I haven't tested it much since my adjustment.

Not a lot going on today. Yesterday after my Sisters, we took a ride and bought a few boxes of bear bait. I am looking forward to getting back in the woods and seeing how the bear population is looking in our area.

Hope you all have a good Saturday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2449 on: Jun 24, 2023, 04:57 PM »
38 bikes in the ride today, rained about 50% of the time  :%$#!:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2450 on: Jun 24, 2023, 08:17 PM »
 good evening weather guessers correct so far rain off and on throughout the day so far . I see there is bad news for NY.Yankee fans as Arron Judge has a torn ligament in his right big toe after colliding with the wall while making a catch earlier this month at Dodger stadium. Rehab/recovery will take longer then expected.
Fish/hunt4ever sorry to read you had to work today. May the Tulsa plant get back up soon so your work load does not increase to badly. You and the family enjoy whatever time you get at the lake this weekend.
Eddie i hope you stayed dry and found a few active fish this morning.
Wallyworld glad you have good rain suits may the Back the Blue ride have reached any preset fund raising totals. Thank you for posting the photos.
Icefisher-45 may it have been a good day for you and Mr.Dickens.
Hunts2long sorry to read there was a mix up and now you will wait until Tuesday to have the new stove installed.
Whopper Stopper good to read you received some needed rain and may get more tonight. Start slowly when resuming work and testing your back. Did you draw a tag for this year Wisconsin bear season or just putting out bait to see how much bear activity you have at the "Shack" property. looking forward to any videos you share with the 9:45 .

Keep healthy and stay safe. best to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2451 on: Jun 25, 2023, 05:37 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 59* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                            Wally........It's too bad today wasn't yesterday weather wise. :whistle:
                            Eddie........How did you do at the stream? ???
                            Marv.........I bet it felt good to get back to "The Shack". :thumbsup: I hope you saw some bear sign. :unsure:
                            Steve........Arron's injury will cost the Yankees some games. :%$#!:
                            I-45..........I hope you and Mr. Dickens had a good time by the lake. :flex:
                            H2l...........The taxidermist did a beautiful job on you mounts. :thumbsup: Sorry to read the stove install was put off. :cookoo:
                            Fish..........I guess you're used to have your plans change because of the plant. Hopefully everything is up and running. :unsure: :%$#!:
                            My neighbor and I didn't work yesterday because of the rain, and he is leaving this morning for a week of vacation. So ut's chainsaw duty
                  for me today.
                            I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2452 on: Jun 25, 2023, 05:44 AM »
65* with some fog.

WW, glad the ride went well.

WS, the bears at my brother's got one of his new blue bird houses, hasn't found it yet. He brings his bird feeders in at night.

IW, take it easy with the chainsaw.

We got some light rain off and on yesterday.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2453 on: Jun 25, 2023, 05:57 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....hope all goes well with the saws today  :flex:

MrC.....the Yankees have been on a downward slide since Judge got sidelined  ::)

H2L.....did you ever get a chance to check out that house that was for sale near you  ???

WS....glad to hear you're finally getting some rain  :thumbsup: I would have gladly shared with you some of what we had yesterday  :roflmao:

Eddie.....looking forward to your report, hope you beat the rain  ;)

IFF.....when does the north camp go on the market  ???

FH4.....hope you get some time on the lake today  :)

We have a graduation party today. If the rain holds off until later we'll be mowing this afternoon after the party.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2454 on: Jun 25, 2023, 06:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Mostly cloudy and 65*, high of 80 today with scattered T-storms expected this afternoon.

Jeff…I fished the shoreline at a local lake yesterday morning for a little while. Caught a few small Bass and pickerel throwing a floating Rapala and rubber frog, nothing picture worthy…but they were fun to play with. Have a safe day with the saws and stay hydrated!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…similar weather here yesterday, good light rains that didn’t run off…never did get the late afternoon T-storms. Thanks for sharing the news on Aaron Judge, hopefully he recovers quickly.. :thumbsup:
  Wally…thanks for sharing the pictures, glad the lousy weather didn’t stop the ride from taking place..excellent job to all the riders who participated!  :clap: :bow: 
  Marv…glad to read you finally got some much needed rain, hopefully more yet to come. Hope all went as well as possible at your sisters, will be looking forward to seeing some bear activity again!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  H2…ouch on the stove issue, that really sucks!  :%$#!:  If there is a plus, at least saving a $100 on the sale price is one, maybe a free install or a decent gift card for their screw up is negotiable for you..best wishes!  :thumbsup:
  I-45…hope you had some good luck with Mr.Dickens yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  FH4…good luck on the lake today if you’re heading back after those walleyes again!   :thumbsup:

Beautiful morning here right now, nice breeze and the sun is peeking through at the moment. Not much on the planner yet, believe a few of the kids will be stopping by later…probably fire up the grill before the rain moves in. Cawfee’s still on..

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2455 on: Jun 25, 2023, 07:15 AM »
WW looks like not until end of July, realtor advised a complete cleanup, of grounds, as well as painting in and out, when we did a walk about, discovered woodpeckers had done a number on the wood siding, guess they figured out since I wasn’t a full time resident they would homestead the west side. And turned that area into a condo complex.  So as of today shopping for local contractors. And hopefully will get it all done post haste

Nearly have my trailer loaded and ready to strap down with things headed to the farm.  Hope the pickup gets done tomorrow and a good health report as well.

Did get a small amount of rain last night so will put off spray painting the deck to a later date and favorable weather.
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2456 on: Jun 25, 2023, 01:51 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Me and Mr Dickens had a good day at the lake yesterday and today. Didn’t catch anything but was nice to be outside. My wife is working this weekend. She’s feeling ok. I have Drs appointments the next 2 days.

IFF, Hopefully you can get the house worked on quickly and the pickup wasn’t an expensive repair.

WallyWorld, Glad the ride went well. Hopefully the rain holds off for the Graduation party.

MasonEddie, Sounds like you’re going to have a great day with the grandkids.

Ice Wanderer, Be careful with the chainsaw.

Whopper Stopper, Glad your back is feeling better. Can’t wait to hear your bear report.

Hunts2long, Hopefully you get your new range in soon.

I hope everyone has a great rest of the day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2457 on: Jun 25, 2023, 01:53 PM »

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2458 on: Jun 25, 2023, 08:10 PM »
Well was not much of a day for catching but a day of losing fish. Only got one in the boat and lost like 8 other fish. But was nice to be out. Oh and let the girls shoot some carp, each one got one. I hit one after the oldest did not want to shoot anymore. But as we are getting ready to head.

Then some shooting of carp and the only walleye for the table.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2459 on: Jun 25, 2023, 09:09 PM »
 Good evening, cloudy here for most of daylight hours no rain fall forecast calling for thunderstorms overnight. Also more thunderstorms tomorrow. I see the middle section of United states is having some severe weather tornadoes reported in Indiana .This weather system will hit most of the east coast tomorrow. Hopefully we all get through the storm systems in good shape.
Ice Wanderer if the weather cooperates you should put a dent in the wood pile this week. I assume you will not work or only do mowing while your neighbor boss is away on vacation.
Hunts2long may the resident bears not become a problem for your brother.
Wallyworld hope the rain held off for the graduation party and were able to mow this afternoon.
Eddie congratulations on beating the rain and catching a few fish. may things have stayed dry for today's family cook out .
IFF depending on how quickly you would like to part with the Wisconsin house you could sell it as a fixer-upper/handyman's special . may the pick-up repair bill not be to high.
Icefisher-45 good to read your wife is doing better. best wished for you with the doctor appointments. glad you and Mr.Dickens had a nice day in spite of the fish not biting.
Fish/hunt4ever nice that you and the family got out fishing. Hopefully next trip you will put more legal size fish in the boat. Thank you for sharing the photos. i see there was some bad weather in the northeast part of Wyoming which forced a large coal producing facility to shut down after be hit by a tornado.

May everyone have a good night and all of us avoided any bad weather problems over the next 24 hours.
 Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.