Author Topic: good day jigging; 11 ct trophy fish among the 74 total; catch and release  (Read 4331 times)

Offline Chawk190

• Team IceShanty Regular
Totally understand.  It's driven a bunch of really good fishermen to not post here and that's worth mentioning.

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
I fell bad for them really. Is your life so sad and un eventful that you need to keep bashing this guy. Just don't read his posts and more on. Do you get that warm fussy feeling coming on here to talk sh**? Do you sleep better at night? You the very definition of internet bullies.

Find some other enjoyment in your life!
There's a whole bunch of other stuff to enjoy other than being a jerk online.

Hooper - Did I ever say I did not like the guy? Not once. Did I ever say he is not a good fisherman? Not once. What ticks me off is how he tells us all that we are not at his level (after only 3 years of ice fishing) and cannot understand what he is saying because we are lesser humans with no brains. Did you miss that in his posts? What do you want me to do, challenge the kid to a "systems" duo on the ice? Ok, so he comes on here to share his post. Great, I encourage it! What I did not like is how he belittled us all so I let him know how I felt. Then you come on here and tell me that you do not like how I treat him and you call me and others names. So are you therefore not just as guilty for bashing us as we are for bashing him? Come on man. All I keep saying is for him to get off his high horse because he is doing everything right exact acting like a richard on here as if he was god and no one is at his level. 90% of my experiences are not even shared on here but they are shared with the people I fish with or chat with daily. Great fisherman. You know what makes them great fisherman? Their mouth. What comes out of it doesn't smell. The writing is on the wall here. Google the word humble and add that to your system.
Just add water.

Offline hooper22

• IceShanty Rookie
Ok, this is it for me as I've posted more in the last week on these treads than I have done in anything since the internet came out. he used the word "system" and you got all bent.

Here are your own words-

"Nice! Great system Dick but my system seems to be superior to yours simply based on results. Yesterday I iced, 88 yellow perch, 14" was the biggest. 52 crappie with largest going 14" as well. 42 bluegill with largest going 9.75". 18 white perch all small. 11 largemouth largest weighing in at 4.2lbs. 9 pickerel also all small. My system included very fine line of the 2lb class that has been determined to be invisible under water. I used my phones notepad feature to keep count of my fish which helped a lot. Please let me know if your method is better because my phone kept getting wet and slimy from all of the fish I was catching. I think I will keep track of my adventures for the rest of the season so we can compare systems and then hopefully combine our systems to make a system greater than all.
All I am saying is that I am glad that once I posted my thoughts, that I am not the only one that feels robbed of my time that I will never get back. Same posts year after year to impress who? The ONLY thing you have inspired others to do is look for ice in NE CT since you are on it. Period. Be original, stop stealing." end quote

Man thats alot of time and energy spent to ridicule a guy you dont know anything about all because he used the word system. You may say hes arrogant but in 3 years of ice fishing and getting the results hes getting he dam well should be and i think thats part of the problem here----JEALOUSY---- Fiserman can be a bunch a jealous b******* and thats what is playing out here in my opinion. The fact that he caught 4500 fish in a few years using a scientific approach. I'm sure your buddy that showed him how to use the fish finder or whatever didn't lead to that kind of success.

Here is another of your quotes

"Hey Jim, I discovered how to trade things with people to get things I don't have and give things I have a bunch of. After much deliberation, I had an epiphany and decided to call it bartering! After much deliberation, I concluded and discovered that if I do this with multiple people, I will ultimately have enough of everything to have a feast for many! I think I will call this Thanksgiving!" end quote

Thats just blatantly making fun of the guy again for using the phrase my system. Salty much? He put the time and energy into the way he fishes IT IS HIS SYSTEM

Here's my take on Logic who I do not know personally. Taken only from the posts on this site as I have no other point of reference. Please Logic dont take offense its just me putting my psychiatric or psychologist hat on! I may be way off base here but here it goes.

I think he's wired a little differently than most. I hesitate the to use the word eccentric but my vocabulary is limited!

You guys paint him as an egotistical jerk condescending know it all...... I fell a little different. I think very OCD which he has channeled to use to his advantage in the fishing aspect of his life. Very high IQ very focused in things that he can focus on. (almost in a way an autistic kid is, as I was close to one at one time in my life and nothing bothered me more than when people would make fun and ridicule him for the way he expressed his feeling and emotions. But that was way before the internet and had to be done in person where you could actually do something about it instead of sitting at your keyboard being jerk) and driven in ways most us are not. how many scientists do you know? I really do believe that he used a scientific approach based on research he has done and got the habits of the fish hes is targeting down in a way most of us cannot. (the numbers speak for themselves hence the jealousy theme again)

Perfect time for another of your quotes

"What ticks me off is how he tells us all that we are not at his level (after only 3 years of ice fishing)" end qoute

It"s the whole people acting differently behind the keyboard that's gets to me and brought me out of the woodwork.

Let play out a scenario and see how you would react.

I'm fishing hammering fish and you walk over and ask me how its going.

I reply with logics post that preceded your quotes from above

"another solid day, just got back from pubic water in northeastern ct.  this spot had 2.5" and i needed to cross 1.5" to get on it.  i took my crampons off to be safe for most of the day; on marginal ice it is best to stay off and if you do chance it do not wear spikes as it puts your weight into smaller contact patch and increase risk or falling it....but fortune favors the brave.

caught two jumbo perch one was 12-3/4" other was 13-1/4"  one nice catfish 17" and one large pickerel 23".  i am happy i made an adjustment today.  i have lots of data with this system and i was dancing with too many fish without a noticeable feeding response.  i reduced my dressing by 1/2 size and it made all the difference.  same size jig just smaller more delicate sized dressing.

59 yellow perch, 4 bluegill, 2 pickerel, 1 catfish 1 crappie; 67 total.
broke one off, heavier fish at double albright knot(i do not use superglue as it tends to weaken)" end quote

Is that how you and your buddies would respond in person?  for your sake I hope not. It would take a real Jigging Jerk to come back with the responses hes been getting on here. You see my point yet?
Hopefully i changed some perspective of the behavior on here for the better and we could treat each other on here like we would on the ice.

Hooper's out!

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
You guys are killing me. ;D  Everybody got in a few solid bodyblows, we're gonna take a timeout here.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.