Author Topic: North East  (Read 5162 times)

Offline JWK3986

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: North East
« Reply #30 on: Jan 18, 2021, 11:46 AM »
Crystal lake is surprisingly still locked up after the wind yesterday, if the nights are cold enough it might be safe soon, looks like the next few days and nights will be good for ice, too.

Offline WILLYTROUT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 18, 2021, 12:36 PM »
I just left Crystal Lake it's starting to open up yesterday there was open water about 2' around the edges now it's about 15' need some cold nights and no wind

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 18, 2021, 04:27 PM »
Just drove by crystal lake and it is 90% wide open. That place will need a full week of temperature not above freezing during the day and low numbers at night with no wind to get partially safe. It's a tough place to lock up.

Offline Global Warming in CT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 18, 2021, 05:44 PM »
I just stopped at Ashland Pond in Griswold on my way home from Maine, just to see if there's any hope for this weekend. There's a cove that usually locks up early and is a good indicator of ice north of there. 100% open water  >:(

Offline Rooster18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 18, 2021, 08:45 PM »
My fingers are still crossed.  I live a mile away from Pachaug in Griswold and it was completely locked up before the weekend.  There isn’t a patch of ice on it now.  The good news is that the small 2 acre pond I fish in Griswold still has ice on it.  I walked on that pond last week but wasn’t comfortable to fish it yet however at least the ice didn’t all go after the warm rain.  A few cold days and hopefully it will be solid....I was out in Redding today to do some late season archery hunting and noticed the small ponds there were still iced over with white ice.  There is hope yet!  I’m trying to be optimistic as I only made it out on the ice once last winter.  Just a few years back and I was out every week for 2 months.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.