Author Topic: You Don't Say!!!  (Read 4080 times)

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
Re: You Don't Say!!!
« Reply #30 on: Dec 03, 2020, 08:59 AM »
Heeeeere fishy fishy fishy!

Offline Philip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 03, 2020, 10:21 AM »
"at least were not cold!"

when we're skunking on a particularly cold day
Team Comfy Skunks

Offline BreweryBuilder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 03, 2020, 06:59 PM »
When I am taking too long to land a fish my buddy always says "quit Bill Dancein it". Anyone who has ever watched him knows he plays fish forever.

Offline Iceicemike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 03, 2020, 07:23 PM »
Should have been here yesterday

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 03, 2020, 07:35 PM »
A cocky response to when asked if you had a good day

"I educated a few 😉"

Obviously for practicing cpr

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 03, 2020, 08:20 PM »
When ya miss a hook set I ask my partner what did ya do roll him lol. When we are on them everytime we have another keeper we yell whopper plopper
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline TroutFishingBear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • almost 22" cuttbow, took 6 minutes to land
« Reply #36 on: Dec 04, 2020, 08:19 PM »
Cuz I'm BACK in the RIVER (Saddle) Again, BabY!!!!!
if anybody from michigan will help me out with the lakes and stuff up here I'd really appreciate it since I'm new to the area.

Offline Fonzie2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 04, 2020, 09:44 PM »
Speaking of small fish, I was making fun of a guy who was keeping small gills and perch one day.  His response, "If they got eyes, I keep em"!  He went on to say,  "I cut the head off, gut them and grind them into fish patties".  My response, "I'm not that hungry".   Later, I commented on the fact that he was well over his limit.  His response, "mind your own business".  Upon leaving the lake that day I notice he was driving an old green Ford truck with hay bailer twine keeping the box together, near where the tailgate should be.  I started to look back and remembered that he was wearing the old buckle up style boots, had on an old red and black plaid jacket, that had so many moth holes in it, that it couldn't keep you warm on a nice spring night, let alone sitting on the ice.  He was using an old stick rod, sat on a five gallon bucket and was pulling golden rod bulbs out of his pocket and cut the larva out for bait.  Now I can't say if he was hard off or not, he could possibly me a millionaire, but I felt kinda sorry for him.  Needless to say, I didn't call the DNR.  I have fished the same lake numerous times over the past five years and have "never" seen him there again.  Should I have called the DNR, probably, but to this day I'm glad I didn't.

Nice story !

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 04, 2020, 11:55 PM »
My family has a very small pond on their property with a handful of bluegills and a couple small largemouth bass. My cousin, who only fished a few times in his life, wanted to try and catch something. He casts out and hooks a 6” bluegill. Super excited as he starts fighting the fish he yells   “Got me a marlin!”   It’s been a classic line every time we hook a fish (or snag something) ever since.
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Dec 09, 2020, 04:16 AM »

Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #40 on: Dec 10, 2020, 07:33 PM »
Just saw an ad on TV that used one of those phrases "I don't say..

"I know...right"?

...or like!"  :%$#!:
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Dec 10, 2020, 08:29 PM »
Heeeeere fishy fishy fishy!

Hey, me too... that's where my username came from. I grew up on a dairy farm and love my green tractors, hence deerefishyfishy!

When a buddy misses a hookset I tell them "Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught!"

Also use my IS signature: The hardest part of ice fishing is casting
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Dec 11, 2020, 02:19 PM »
Best thing you want to hear while fishing,  "Get the net!"

Isn't there a whole TV show that lives in that premise?

Offline Fish2Much

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Dec 12, 2020, 08:30 PM »
I have two that my Dad taught me when he took me fishing 50+ years ago:

When fishing is slow, I say "There aren't any fish in this $(#&&$* lake".

When fishing is great, I say "I wonder what the poor people are doing right now".

Offline Nerka

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Dec 12, 2020, 10:25 PM »
"So Son, that's why they call it fishing, and not catching."  I said to my 5 year old boy,  after getting skunked one day. The words just came out of my mouth.  I felt like I owed him something after not catching fish that day, so I busted out some cynical wisdom.  He replied, "Yup, you can't catch 'em all Dad."  The boy is wise beyond his years.

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Dec 12, 2020, 11:00 PM »
"So Son, that's why they call it fishing, and not catching."  I said to my 5 year old boy,  after getting skunked one day. The words just came out of my mouth.  I felt like I owed him something after not catching fish that day, so I busted out some cynical wisdom.  He replied, "Yup, you can't catch 'em all Dad."  The boy is wise beyond his years.

I love it
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Offline stuckinohio

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Dec 13, 2020, 05:56 AM »
Speaking of small fish, I was making fun of a guy who was keeping small gills and perch one day.  His response, "If they got eyes, I keep em"!  He went on to say,  "I cut the head off, gut them and grind them into fish patties".  My response, "I'm not that hungry".   Later, I commented on the fact that he was well over his limit.  His response, "mind your own business".  Upon leaving the lake that day I notice he was driving an old green Ford truck with hay bailer twine keeping the box together, near where the tailgate should be.  I started to look back and remembered that he was wearing the old buckle up style boots, had on an old red and black plaid jacket, that had so many moth holes in it, that it couldn't keep you warm on a nice spring night, let alone sitting on the ice.  He was using an old stick rod, sat on a five gallon bucket and was pulling golden rod bulbs out of his pocket and cut the larva out for bait.  Now I can't say if he was hard off or not, he could possibly me a millionaire, but I felt kinda sorry for him.  Needless to say, I didn't call the DNR.  I have fished the same lake numerous times over the past five years and have "never" seen him there again.  Should I have called the DNR, probably, but to this day I'm glad I didn't.

Under the circumstances..... Good on you :)

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Dec 13, 2020, 06:00 AM »

Thats great. I always tell my kids "Well, you've got to save some for seed"
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #48 on: Dec 13, 2020, 06:12 AM »
Under the circumstances..... Good on you :)

Agreed. Sometimes two wrongs does make it...well..."ok" in this case.  ;)
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Dec 13, 2020, 06:34 AM »
Not a saying but sometimes when I'm open water pike fishing with a friend and its been slow, I like to swish my rod through water and yell got him! He jumps every single time.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Dec 13, 2020, 11:30 AM »
I like when we are walking off someone headed out ask how did ya do oh we limited or whatever the case is. They then ask where were you fishing. I always respond with on the bay or lake.
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.